Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue June 25th, 2019, 14:16 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: missed friend
PostPosted: Fri July 4th, 2008, 11:06 GMT 

We are missing our Bob-tour-friend Thomas Eckhardt from germany !We see him last in Salzburg, he planed to go to Trento with a break at the Lago di Garda.He send me an SMS that it was raining there - dated 13.06.08.... he have tix for the next shows,but he didn´t come.....if you have any information please contact me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri July 4th, 2008, 16:47 GMT 

i met him last year in munster...i am the fan,thomas...i don't know anything about him now,haven't heard from him since then :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri July 4th, 2008, 19:23 GMT 

delia, you were touring with another female friend, correct? If you are who I'm thinking of you will remember me from Ostava, Austria & Italy. I asked you or your friend about Thomas several times. The last time I saw him was also in Salzburg before the show. He was dressed in a blazer and looked a lot more dressed-up than usual for some reason. He told me that he was skipping the next show and going to the beach in Italy somewhere before going on to Trento.

Thomas is an extremly nice man. I first met him in Stavanger and chatted with him often before many of the shows since we were both always in line early. I really hope that he is OK - I'm almost certain that he did not go to any of the shows in Italy because we would have seen him. He made it clear that he was going to be back by Trento.

I'm sorry I don't have any information to help. Do you know how to contact his family? If that is not possible you should notify the police where he lives (if you know where).

Please let me know what happens. You can pm (private message) me or post again here. Thomas is a great guy. I'm very worried about him.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri July 4th, 2008, 20:38 GMT 
Hi Girls,

I'm a little worried too. I sent him a mail when i came back home after Zaragoza, and he never answered.

Cath

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri July 4th, 2008, 20:43 GMT 
I have his address in Westfalen, if that helps..
cath

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat July 5th, 2008, 04:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

I met him last year in Germany... I got to the venue and no one was there. He came after me and asked me to hold his spot. I did. Then when they put the gates up, he tried to cut me both times. My friend Jay reminded him we saved his spot, and he said he didn't care because he would never see us again.

Yes Thomas is a really nice man. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat July 5th, 2008, 15:25 GMT 

Milkcow wrote:
Yes Thomas is a really nice man. :roll:

Might want to keep the sarcasm to yourself and consider what this thread is about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun July 6th, 2008, 01:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

added more on the next post

Last edited by Milkcow on Sun July 6th, 2008, 02:55 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun July 6th, 2008, 02:53 GMT 
Promethium Member

unfortunately his last words we ever heard from him were "I don't care ... x you."

It's sad when something happens to anyone. Before I found out what happened, I posted my dealings with him. He was not nice to me, but nice to all of you because you weren't a threat to go in a venue before him. If you were a threat, he might have treated you similarly. As I said, I never wished him harm, nor am I gloating that something happened. It could happen to any one of us at any time. I just responded to your comment, Sphere, when you said he was a nice guy. I had different dealings with him. If you can say he is nice, I can express my opinion too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun July 6th, 2008, 14:04 GMT 

Milkcow wrote:
If you can say he is nice, I can express my opinion too.
Perhaps it's a matter of timing? There might have been a more tactful, sensitive place for you to express it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun July 6th, 2008, 14:19 GMT 

He was very nice to me...Even said "ok" when I asked him could I squeeze in the first row next to him.& Even brought me 4 cds I was looking for in Munster.

But this thread isnt really about is he nice or not.......... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun July 6th, 2008, 14:32 GMT 
Senior Moderator

How do you know he came to harm? Where did you find information? I only see concerns of his whereabouts on this thread.

Post subject: Re: missed friend
PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 09:41 GMT 

This from yesterday's news:

"Bob-tour-friend Thomas Eckhardt was found dead in the garden of Bellariva Hotel, Italy. Maybe a victim of a hit-and-run-driver. The found body had money, ID card and all. Maybe he has been killed by a van, smashed against the gate of the hotel. Van driver escaped. We are very sad...... May he rest peacefuly, moni. from monika hedwig"

Terrible, sad news.

Condolences to his sister and other relatives.

Does anyone have more details apart from what is mentioned under yesterday's and today's news links?

Have funeral arrangements already been made? Where and when will he be laid to rest? I presume in his hometown of Torgau?

Thomas was one of Dylan's most dedicated followers and the friendliest, most giving guy you could hope to meet at a Dylan show.

This is a terrible loss.

May he rest in peace.

A. and family

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 09:48 GMT 

This is tragic news,and i send my condolences to all that knew him and all his family a very sad time indeed.

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 09:52 GMT 

tribute thread, with some photos, at neverendingpool

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 09:52 GMT 
Titanium Member

I never knew Thomas, but I had been keeping an eye on this thread hoping that he was OK. I'm sorry that many of you lost a friend and my thoughts are with his family too.

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 16:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

good god that's awful. condolences to any friends or family.

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 17:41 GMT 

It makes me sick that poor Thomas was lying roting in a bush after a tragic accident while this thread was going on. May this be a terrible reminder to all that it is not worth it to hold such petty grudges against someone about such trivial things in life, otherwise you might have to live with the fact you said such things that will haunt you for a long time.

Rest gently, Thomas.

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 18:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

Nice people aren't necessarily nice to everyone, or necessarily nice all the time. I don't think anything that Milkcow said will or should haunt her.

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 18:27 GMT 

AWA wrote:
May this be a terrible reminder to all that it is not worth it to hold such petty grudges against someone about such trivial things in life, otherwise you might have to live with the fact you said such things that will haunt you for a long time.

OTOH, it's also a good reminder that doing something shitty to someone might end up also being your last interaction with them, so that's how you'll be remembered by them. He did something that wasn't at all nice and it ended up in this instance being the final impression he left. Milkcow shouldn't be expected to lie about what happened. Although it would be nice if you never had to speak ill of the dead, I think it's much more important to treat people properly when they're living. When you do the right thing you don't have to worry about leaving bad memories with those that survive you.

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 18:45 GMT 
Thomas was a very nice man. He was not a saint. Only a very nice man. And it is already much

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 20:55 GMT 

(Thomas Eckhardt, on left)

Between this thread and the (much longer) one at theneverendingpool.com, the overwhelming majority of posters (actually, almost everyone) have very positive and warm memories of their encounters with Thomas.

It is unfortunate that Milkcow's last encounter with Thomas happened to be a bit unpleasant, but there is nothing extraordinary about that, and there is certainly no reason to feel guilty. I'm sure most of us have the capacity to be a little unpleasant at least a couple of time per week, but we would still want others to think well of us, on balance, if we were to die suddenly.

What happened is, quite simply, a horrible tragedy. Neither Thomas, nor anyone here, deserved to die in such circumstances. Those of us with some grain of religious faith might say a brief prayer for Thomas and his family. Others can at least wish him a restful farewell.

PostPosted: Mon July 7th, 2008, 21:16 GMT 
Promethium Member

I think I wrote this previously but I'll say it again in case I didn't.

I too find it very disturbing to say the least that this man was found dead and mangled days later. I think it is HORRIBLE how he died, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone (nor did I do that in any post). I am especially not gloating that someone found tragedy. I don't have to like someone to feel pity for them or pray for them. Thomas was rude to my friend and me, big deal and I didn't like him, another big deal. I do however feel terrible because he died and HOW he died. None of us are exempt from the fact that it can happen to anyone.

I certainly wouldn't have posted my interactions with him on this thread if I knew he was dead. I just wouldn't have posted anything. Since I had made a post previously to finding out what happened, I find the need to explain myself. Thank you to HAL, OTH, and 4th time around.

Now can others please stop posting about my original post and stick to Thomas... this thread is not about me.

PostPosted: Tue July 8th, 2008, 00:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

These were posted by a MarkHibbing on the NEP

they are absolutely horrifying to say the least

Re:In memory of "I am the fanThomas" 1 Hour, 40 Minutes ago
Thomas Eckhardt related newspaper articles
collected in chronical order
italian/english

Fasano, trovato cadavere di turista venerdì 04 luglio 2008 (red.) Regolamento di conti con delitto? Incidente stradale? Semplice malore? Un nuovo mistero con qualche contorno giallo sta scuotendo le notti gardesane da quando i carabinieri della compagnia di Salò, sulla sponda bresciana del Garda, hanno cominciato a indagare sul ritrovamento di un cadavere in avanzato stato di decomposizione. Il corpo è stato scoperto nel pomeriggio di giovedì da alcuni operai, impegnati nella ristrutturazione dello storico Hotel Bellariva, risalente al 1904, nella frazione di Fasano di Gardone Riviera.
I muratori stavano sistemando il giardino, quando hanno sentito un forte odore nauseabondo. Poco distante giacevano i poveri resti di un uomo, coperti dalle fronde di alcuni cespugli. Il cadavere portava un marsupio in vita nel quale gli uomini dell'Arma, subito avvisati dai responsabili del cantiere, hanno trovato il cellulare, un migliaio di euro e i documenti della vittima.
Il vasto parco dell'albergo, lasciato per anni abbandonato, confina a valle con il lago e a monte con la statale Gardesana, rispetto alla quale si trova più in basso di alcuni metri. Il corpo è stato trovato nei pressi della strada, dalla quale potrebbe essere stato buttato nel giardino dopo un'uccisione. Ma potrebbe anche essere caduto accidentalmente per un incidente stradale.
Il nome del defunto è Thomas Eckhardt. I militari si sono limitati a dire che si tratta di un cittadino tedesco di 39 anni ma che in Italia non risulta denunciata la sua scomparsa. Nato a Torgau, in Sassonia, abitava ad Halle a una trentina di chilometri da Lipsia. Sono state chieste altre informazioni alle autorità della Germania che stanno rintracciando i parenti.
Visto il deterioramento del cadavere, la morte non è stata recente. Ora la salma è stata trasferita nell'obitorio dell'ospedale di Gavardo, a disposizione delle indagini della magistratura. La prima cosa da fare sarà appurare il giorno e le cause del decesso: non sarà facile il lavoro del medico-legale, vsito lo stato in cui si trovano i poveri resti.

english translation:
Mystery Fasano, found tourist's corpse on Friday on July 04 2008 (red). Accounts rule with crime? Accident? Simple attack? A new mystery with some yellow contours is scuotendo the of Lake Garda nights at when the carabineers' of the company of Salò, on the bank of Brescia of the Garda, they have begun to investigate the finding of a corpse in advanced state of decomposition. The body has been discovered in the afternoon in Thursday at some workers' devoted to the reorganisation of the historian's Hotel's Bellariva, risalente in 1904, in the fraction of Fasano di Gardone Coast. The masons were arranging the garden, when they felt a strong nauseating smell. Not much distant there were lying the poor remains of a man, covered by the foliage of some bushes. The corpse was carrying a pouch in life in which the men of the Weapon, suddenly informed by the responsible persons of the yard, have found the cell-phone, a thousand of Euro and the documents of the victim. The wide park of the hotel, left for years deserted, borders down on the lake and above on the Of Lake Garda public one, compared to which it is more far down of some metres. The body has been found in the neighbourhoods of the road, at which it might have been thrown in the garden after a killing. But it might have fallen also casually for an accident. The name of the dead is Thomas Eckhardt. They have limited themselves to saying the soldiers that it is about a German citizen 39-year-old but that in Italy his disappearance does not turn out to be denounced. Having be born to Torgau, in Sassonia, he was living in Halle to the Trentine one of kilometres with Leipzig. Other information has been asked to the authorities of the Germany that are tracing the relatives. When the deterioration of the corpse was seen, the death does not was recent. Now the corpse has been transferred in the mortuary of the hospital of Gavardo, at disposal of the inquiries of the magistracy. The first thing to be done will be to verify the day and the causes of the death: the work of the legal - medical one will not be easy, vsito the state in whom the poor remains are.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gardone Riviera: cadavere sotto la statale era di tedesco 39enne
05 Luglio 2008, 11:08BRESCIA - E' stato identificato il cadavere trovato morto giovedi' pomeriggio a Fasano di Gardone Riviera, nel bresciano. Si chiamava Thomas Eckhardt, un cittadino tedesco di 39 anni originario della Sassonia. Decisivo e' stato il rinvenimento nella tasca dell'uomo di un documento d'identita', insieme ad un cellulare e a circa mille euro in contanti. Il corpo si trovava sotto la statale 45 bis, in mezzo alle sterpaglie e ai rovi del giardino dell'albergo Bellariva, chiuso da anni e in corso di ristrutturazione. Le ipotesi piu' battute sulla morte sono quelle del malore e dell'incidente stradale. Esclusa, per ora, la pista di una rapina finita male ma si attendono i rislutati dell'autopsia, prevista per oggi.

english translation:
Gardone Coast: corpse under the public era of German 39enne On July 05 2008, 11:08 BRESCIA - Has been identified the corpse found dead Thursday' afternoon to Fasano di Gardone Coast, in the of Brescia one. His name was Thomas Eckhardt 39-year-old, an original German citizen of the Sassonia. Decisive and' been the discovery in the pocket of the man of a document of identity, together with a cell-phone and about thousand Euro in cash. The body was below the public one 45 twice, in the middle of the brushwood and the blackberry bushes of the garden of the hotel Bellariva, closed for years and in reorganisation course. The hypotheses most beaten on the death are those of the attack and of the accident. Excluded, for now, the footprint from a robbery finished badly but there are waited the rislutati of the autopsy, foreseen for today
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gardone: il corpo era nel giardino dell’hotel Bellariva
Il turista tedesco trovato morto forse vittima di un «pirata»
di MARIO PARI
— GARDONE RIVIERA —
IL FORTE ODORE nauseabondo ha fatto scoprire il cadavere di un uomo che potrebbe essere stato vittima di un investimento pirata. Il corpo in avanzato...

2008-07-05
di MARIO PARI
— GARDONE RIVIERA —
IL FORTE ODORE nauseabondo ha fatto scoprire il cadavere di un uomo che potrebbe essere stato vittima di un investimento pirata. Il corpo in avanzato stato di decomposizione era nel giardino dell'Hotel Bellariva, a Fasano del Garda, frazione di Gardone Riviera.
A NOTARLO sono stati alcuni operai che stavano per pulire il giardino. Nessun dubbio sin dai minuti successivi al ritrovamento, sull'identità. L'uomo aveva in tasca il portafoglio da cui nessuno aveva preso né i documenti e tantomeno il denaro. Si tratta di Thomas Eckhardt, 39 anni, proveniente da Halle, in Germania. I carabinieri della compagnia di Salò, che si stanno occupando delle indagini non sono ancora riusciti a risalire al luogo in cui stesse trascorrendo le vacanze sul Garda il tedesco.
L'IPOTESI più verosimile è quella di un turista. Ma, pur essendo stati passati al setaccio tutti gli alberghi del lago, fino a questo momento non è stato possibile capire dove alloggiasse. A questo punto si pensa potesse disporre di un'abitazione propria in qualche località benacense. In quanto alle indagini sulla morte una pista tenuta in particolare considerazione è quella dell'investimento pirata. Lungo la strada che scorre a due metri d'altezza sopra il giardino, il 13 giugno scorso, infatti si era schiantato un furgone. Era una sera di pioggia e a provocare l'incidente erano stati, molto probabilmente il fondo stradale viscido e l'alta velocità. Il veicolo era stato poi abbandonato dal conducente. Il furgone, dopo essere uscito di strada, aveva sfondato la ringhiera che separa la carreggiata dal parco dell'albergo. Il conducente aveva fatto perdere ogni traccia.
ORA APPARE inevitabile collegare i due fatti: il ritrovamento del cadavere e l'incidente. Anche perché la morte del tedesco potrebbe risalire proprio, sulla base dei primi accertamenti sanitari, a quel periodo. Sul corpo dell'uomo non sono state trovate tracce di violenza. Ma, sotto questo aspetto si rivelerà determinante l'autopsia fissata per oggi. La ricerca della residenza gardesana di Thomas Eckhardt è resa più difficile dall'assenza, fino a questo momento, di denunce di scomparsa. Nelle prossime ore, ci potrebbero essere novità.

english translation:
Gardone: the body was in the garden of the hotel Bellariva The German tourist found dead perhaps victim of a "pirate" of EQUAL MARIO — GARDONE COAST — THE STRONG nauseating SMELL has made discovering the corpse of a man who might have been a victim of a pirate investment. The body in put forward...

2008-07-05 of EQUAL MARIO — GARDONE COAST — THE STRONG nauseating SMELL has made discovering the corpse of a man who might have been a victim of a pirate investment. The body in advanced state of decomposition was in the garden of the Hotel Bellariva, to Fasano of the Garda, fraction of Gardone Riviera. TO NOTICE IT it has been some workers who were about to clean the garden. No doubt up to the minutes following to the finding, on the identity. The man had in pocket the wallet from any whom it had taken the documents and tantomeno the money. It is about Thomas Eckhardt, 39 years, coming from Halle, in Germany. The carabineers of the company of Salò, that are responsible for the inquiries do not still managed to go back to the place when in whom ourselves the German was passing the holidays on the Garda. The likeliest HYPOTHESIS is that one of a tourist. But, when nevertheless all the hotels of the lake had been passed to the sieve, up to this moment it does not was possible to understand where it was staying. At this point it is thought that it should have an own habitation in some resorts benacense. In as for the inquiries on the death a footprint held particularly consideration is that one of the pirate investment. Long the road that runs to two metres of height over the garden, last June 13, in fact a van had broken. It was an evening of rain and to cause the accident they had been, very probably the viscid road fund and the high velocity. The vehicle had been left then by the driver. The van, after having been gone out of road, had broken down the balustrade that separates the carriageway from the park of the hotel. The driver had made losing each trace. NOW IT SEEMS inevitable to connect two facts: the finding of the corpse and the accident. Also because the death of the German might go up again really, based on the first sanitary verifications, to that period. On the body of the man there have no been found violence traces. But, from this point of view the autopsy fixed for today will prove to be determinant. The research of the of Lake Garda residence of Thomas Eckhardt is made more difficult by the absence, up to this moment, of declarations of disappearance. In next hours, there might be novelties.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fasano: il turista è stato investito domenica 06 luglio 2008
(red.) Thomas Eckhardt, il tedesco 39enne di Hanne trovato cadavere a Fasano nel parco dell’hotel Bellariva potrebbe essere deceduto a causa di un incidente stradale: investito e lasciato agonizzare senza soccorsi fino alla morte tra i rovi del giardino abbandonato.
A questa ricostruzione sembra portare l’opinione del medico legale dopo l’autopsia eseguita sabato all’ospedale di Gavardo. Nessuna ferita da arma da fuoco o da taglio (compatibile con un omicidio) è stata rinvenuta sul corpo, ma solo fratture al costato e al bacino e pesanti contusioni al volto, tutte compatibili con un forte colpo subito per l’urto di un autoveicolo.
L’Interpol ha inoltre informato che la denuncia della scomparsa di Eckhardt era stata presentata dai familiari il 24 giugno, mentre l’uomo - che si trovava in vacanza sul Garda da solo - non aveva più dato sue notizie dal 13 giugno.
Proprio quella sera, nello stesso posto, verso le 22 un furgone diretto verso Salò di proprietà di un impresario italiano (ma guidato da un muratore rumeno abitante a Toscolano) era uscito di strada sulla Gardesana, schiantandosi contro la ringhiera che delimita il giardino dell’Hotel Bellariva.
All’arrivo dei soccorritori non c’era più nessuno e il guidatore era fuggito, ma era stato poi rintracciato dai carabinieri grazie al numero di targa.
Ora c’è un’ipotesi di omicidio colposo e omissione di soccorso nei confronti dell’immigrato romeno, che ha dichiarato di non essersi accorto di aver investito un uomo, visto che pioveva e c’era buio. La ricostruzione di ciò che avvenne quella tragica sera è affidata ai militari, coordinati dal pm Alberto Rossi.

english translation:
Fasano: the tourist has been invested on Sunday on July 06 2008 (red). Thomas Eckhardt, the German 39enne of Hanne found corpse to Fasano in the park of the hotel Bellariva (you read news), might have died because of an accident: invested and let be dying without help up to the death between the blackberry bushes of the deserted garden. It seems to lead to this rebuilding the opinion of the legal doctor after the autopsy carried out Saturday to the hospital of Gavardo. No wound at fire-arm or at cut (compatible with a homicide) has been discovered on the body, but alone fractures to the chest and to the basin and heavy contusions to the face, all compatible ones with a strong blow undergone for the push of a motor-vehicle. The Interpol has informed besides that the declaration of the disappearance of Eckhardt had been presented by the relatives on June 24, while the man - that was in holiday on the Garda singly - had not given himself his notices June 13. Really that evening, in the same place, towards 22 a van run line Salted of property of an Italian entrepreneur (but guided at a Rumenian mason's lived in Toscolano's) it had gone out of road on the Of Lake Garda one, breaking against the balustrade that delimits the garden of the Hotel Bellariva. On arrival of the helpers there it was not more any and the driver was avoided, but it had been traced then by the carabineers thanks to the number of plaque. Now there is a hypothesis of culpable homicide and help omission towards the Rumanian immigrant, whom he has declared of not being noticed of a man to have invested, since it was raining and there it was dark. The rebuilding of this that happened that tragic evening is entrusted to the soldiers co-ordinated by the pm Albert Rossi.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PostPosted: Tue July 8th, 2008, 03:32 GMT 

a simple tribute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjLB-9iPj98