Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri September 21st, 2018, 21:13 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 07:43 GMT 

delacey wrote:
I seem to recall Clinton Heylin saying at a Dylan convention a few years ago that not only was Blackbushe professionally recorded, but he has heard it, and it's one of Dylan's finest live performances...!

Seems a bit of waste to keep it in the vaults if this is indeed the case.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 09:05 GMT 

delacey wrote:
I seem to recall Clinton Heylin saying at a Dylan convention a few years ago that not only was Blackbushe professionally recorded, but he has heard it, and it's one of Dylan's finest live performances...!

The bootleg is easy to get, its probably been posted on here and its definitely on sugermegs

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 09:07 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
We've discussed E.C. in some depth but I was wondering if anyone remembers the performances by Joan Armatrading or Graham Parker? Graham Parker was the artist of the moment really, I remember he had an album out called Heat Treatment but I sadly missed his performance at the show. I think I was in the artists services are using my 'Dinner Voucher' at the time.
My memory is that I enjoyed all the acts, including the forgotten men of the day, prog band Lake (nothing to do with Greg Lake, btw) and reggae band Merger. But tbh, all I could really think about was "I'M GOING TO SEE DYLAN!!!!" :)

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 09:13 GMT 

the_hurricane wrote:
The bootleg is easy to get, its probably been posted on here and its definitely on sugermegs

Yup, and I've got a copy, but I'm sure it's not 'Soundboard'.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 09:49 GMT 

An offical 40th Anniversary deluxe release would surely be welcomed!

PostPosted: Thu March 8th, 2018, 02:30 GMT 

I've been trying to post photos of the Blackbushe concert but the system keeps saying "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." I keep forgetting it's impossible to post images here.

PostPosted: Thu March 8th, 2018, 06:13 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
delacey wrote:

Seems a bit of waste to keep it in the vaults if this is indeed the case.

Oh come on! The world needs to hear this gig is soundboard quality...
It'd probably pass out if that was announces as the next Bootleg series. Such a great gig (though it's probably even better in criso quality). Is it in the infamous vaults? Or just lost?

PostPosted: Thu March 8th, 2018, 10:13 GMT 

I'm in full agreement Anr, if the Soundboard of Blackbushe really does exist then it should be rush released on the Bootleg Series in July to tie in with the 40th anniversary of the event, as someone else here already suggested. Columbia should have all those in the art department working overtime as from now. (But realistically I guess all there will be is a tie died version of Dylan and The Dead to discuss!)

PostPosted: Fri March 9th, 2018, 08:40 GMT 

Rare amateur footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAbUpxoa9Mo

PostPosted: Sat March 10th, 2018, 07:04 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
I'm in full agreement Anr, if the Soundboard of Blackbushe really does exist then it should be rush released on the Bootleg Series in July to tie in with the 40th anniversary of the event, as someone else here already suggested. Columbia should have all those in the art department working overtime as from now. (But realistically I guess all there will be is a tie died version of Dylan and The Dead to discuss!)

Bootleg Series 14 - Blonde On Blackbushe

Bob's most kinky release yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 3rd, 2018, 10:17 GMT 

Has anyone here actually bought this book? Not that pricey, but hard to decipher the quality of the work. Not sure if only was printed, or only one remaining...

https://www.bobdylanisis.com/product/picnic-blackbushe-deluxe-photo-book/

PostPosted: Thu May 3rd, 2018, 19:21 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:

I Was there with my friends, my first proper concert just before my 17th birthday!! .It was not a particuarly nice memory.
I remember getting there the night before started to que to get into the inner ring at about 4am !! absolute nightmare
people vomiting over each other in the que etc horrible. Then the 3 mile army march to Fleet Station afterwards nearly passing out through sheer exhaustion.
As for the Concert itself Dylan was a distant figure.As you can imagine the sound (despite the size of the sound system) wasnt brilliant.Bootleg recordings have confirmed my suspicions at the time that the Earls Court shows were superior particuarly Bobs vocal performance.All in all Blackbush was a Massive event but not a outstanding show in my opinion.
It would be great if the bootleg series focused on Earls Court or one of the European shows but not Blackbush

PostPosted: Thu May 3rd, 2018, 22:15 GMT 

delacey wrote:

Let's hope it's not one of the tapes that was erased:

Dylan's 1978 world tour has also been much-maligned, largely because the Live At Budokan album captured a very early show before the band really gelled. "There was so much going on with that big band that Bob didn't always need to give off that much energy," says the source. "But they kept doing the show and it got better and better. Unfortunately, somebody erased most of the tapes. It's very frustrating. We had soundboards of all of them. We do have a couple now, though."

rollingstone.com, January 23, 2014

PostPosted: Sun May 6th, 2018, 02:05 GMT 

Foggy wrote:

Thanks for that, never seen it before.

PostPosted: Sun July 15th, 2018, 06:01 GMT 

It was 40 years ago today...