There are storms on the ocean
Storms out on the mountain too
Storms on the ocean
Oh Lord
You know I have no friend without you

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 02:29 GMT 

Thank you Drake, Skelters and NotDarkYet,

You have made me laugh! There is now definitely more than a Summer Wind, it's gettin pretty gusty outside my house. I am all cosy sitting up really late watching a BBC 4 Elvis Tribute, then a Liam Clancy documentary, The Yellow Bittern. And eating Reisen sweets. Oh God, heaven...

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 15:33 GMT 

notdarkyet wrote:
and also the rewritten version of "GONNA CHANGE MY WAY OF THINKING"

There are storms on the ocean
Storms on the ocean
Oh Lord
You know I have no friend without you

and there is another "storm" reference from Dylan's MusiCares Person of the Year 2015 award speech, quoting the beautiful gospel song "Stand By Me" from 1905, written by Charles Albert Tindley

When the storms of life are raging stand by me
When the storms of life are raging stand by me
When the world is tossing me like a ship upon the sea
Thou who rules the wind and water stand by me

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 17:54 GMT 

GirlsWon'tLeaveMeAlone wrote:
The met office here has just announced that Storm Dylan will be small, fast and pack quite a punch......sounds familiar? (Well maybe not the small bit)

My Aunt in Dublin said the same thing from storm central in dublin last night! Have you been reading my mail? :lol:
She is warm and feeling bludy spoilt rotten-since there's only a wee bit of damage to a gate in her garden.
The Storms were on the Ocean , a break , but still picking up speed -came round again and is banging Scotland hard about now. At least in my mind :lol: Can you confirm this? Obviously I could be reporting fake news; since I only read it fast 8) Today was my last day of work for 3 weeks, but have been busy with a paper. The storms hit where I'm at too last night , but today is very warm ; so even though I've been working on a paper; I still went on a run.
The Super Moon will be breathtaking tonight . Well for me, if my paper proceeds quite easily. Anyway i feel a new kind of leniency towards the writing. Feeling guilty leaving domesticity on the back-burner but I don't think anyone notices anyway even when it looks like Storm Dylan has smashed through with piled up dishes, empty bottles and unopened letters dirtying up the flat :lol: Anyway it's Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 19:14 GMT 

I came face to face with Storm Dylan yesterday walking to my local pub. Dylan popped in for one and then was on his way somewhere else.

moab

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 20:14 GMT 

brooklyn damsel wrote:
The Storms were on the Ocean , a break , but still picking up speed -came round again and is banging Scotland hard about now. At least in my mind :lol:
The Super Moon will be breathtaking tonight .

Storm Dylan not affecting Scotland now, looking at the current news. We had little damage in Ireland. A few trees down, several thousand houses without power, really heavy rain though causing some flooding especially in Limerick.

Today a Limerick council official announced that because of flooding after Storm Dylan,with high tides tonight also, they have decided to postpone the New Years fireworks celebration til St PATRICK'S DAY!!! That means in effect Limerick will be celebrating New Years Eve and St Patrick's Day together this year....that will be absolute carnage and will be all Storm Dylan's fault.

At least Storm Dylan did't cause too much damage and he left behind the most beautiful skies here today. Apologies for the picture quality but here is a photo taken at 4.25pm today, on a beach in Co. Louth, looking north. Cooley mountains on the left and the Mourne mountains on the right. Stunning impressionist sky...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 22:04 GMT 

Today a Limerick council official announced that because of flooding after Storm Dylan,with high tides tonight also, they have decided to postpone the New Years fireworks celebration til St PATRICK'S DAY!!! That means in effect Limerick will be celebrating New Years Eve and St Patrick's Day together this year....that will be absolute carnage and will be all Storm Dylan's fault.

At least Storm Dylan did't cause too much damage and he left behind the most beautiful skies here today. Apologies for the picture quality but here is a photo taken at 4.25pm today, on a beach in Co. Louth, looking north. Cooley mountains on the left and the Mourne mountains on the right. Stunning impressionist sky...

Wow pretty -thanks !

Don't worry, no one can really blame Storm Dylan for the carnage of ST Patricks day :shock: . I'm sure you've been there before. The last time I went was last year with my brother and roommate together. It can't get any worse. For me NYE is a whole nother level , that can't be mistaken for SPD though. I genuinely love that holiday because there's usually a fun concert , although tonight my stomach is experiencing jabbing pains , so I will stay in (hope it feels worse than it actually is :? ). In contrast, I'll never go back downtown for SPD , not in NYC nor dublin, because it's just a big mess and the traffic is horrible especially irritating if you have to work or drive through the parades.
owww my stomach... so happy ny everyone! I must go to bed now!!!xo

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 22:09 GMT 

Happy New Year to you too Brooklyn Damsel. :D

PostPosted: Mon January 1st, 2018, 10:04 GMT 

I take it Storm Dylan has come and gone. I'm sure there are unlucky people who can say otherwise, but around my parts, at least, it wasn't much of a storm. The answer wasn't even blowin' in it.

PostPosted: Mon January 1st, 2018, 16:58 GMT 

man on a bridge wrote:
I came face to face with Storm Dylan yesterday walking to my local pub. Dylan popped in for one and then was on his way somewhere else.

moab

Last seen heading for Denmark.......

http://imghst.co/97/JoqyCGWXi=.JPG
http://popspotsnyc.com/pip_bob_dylan_kronborg/index.html

PostPosted: Mon January 1st, 2018, 18:11 GMT 

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Duque Ellington wrote:
man on a bridge wrote:

moab

Last seen heading for Denmark.......

http://imghst.co/97/JoqyCGWXi=.JPG
http://popspotsnyc.com/pip_bob_dylan_kronborg/index.html

PostPosted: Tue January 2nd, 2018, 14:22 GMT 

And so to conclude....

Storm Dylan seems to now have dissipated somewhere over Scandanavia. I am not aware of much damage from the storm. Except this unusual story about fish getting electrocuted by Storm Dylan off Cornwall.

https://www.google.ie/amp/metro.co.uk/2 ... 92294/amp/

So apart from the fish, Storm Dylan has been a good storm. Just like the man himself....

PostPosted: Tue January 2nd, 2018, 19:48 GMT 

Storm Eleanor is now on it's way !!! :shock:

Batten the hatches !!

moab

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 15:13 GMT 

:shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 18:45 GMT 

man on a bridge wrote:

Batten the hatches !!

moab

On Merseyside, we never notice the difference.

It's blowing a gale here 365 days a year.

PostPosted: Wed January 3rd, 2018, 20:40 GMT 

man on a bridge wrote:

Batten the hatches !!

moab

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue.
http://imghst.co/70/!LqGGsZs&G.JPG

Next up - Fionn.
http://imghst.co/86/2)~1L&e7Uz.PNG

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 20:07 GMT 

Storm Larry ?.....shut that door !!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 22:12 GMT 

man on a bridge wrote:
Storm Larry ?.....shut that door !!! :lol:

:lol:

As long as Slack Alice and postman Pop-it-in-Pete aren't left outside the door, especially if it's blowing Everard.

PostPosted: Fri January 5th, 2018, 15:44 GMT 

Storm Hamlet!

https://filmache.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/900_hamlet_blu-raysubs.jpg Larry Olivier

PostPosted: Fri January 5th, 2018, 22:22 GMT 

Duque Ellington wrote:

I've heard of being close to someone who's days are clearly numbered, but this puts a different spin on it!

PostPosted: Sat January 6th, 2018, 10:30 GMT 

Storm Dylan and Storm Eleanor have broken my fence.. Everything is broken !! :lol:

moab

PostPosted: Sat January 6th, 2018, 22:43 GMT 

Those Oscars are ten a penny. Even Hamlet got one!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o3FEUTiVQpA/Tgde9JEldII/AAAAAAAAMQ8/2qa8wMs97y4/s1600/1949_iconic_picture_actor_olivier.jp

PostPosted: Sun January 7th, 2018, 21:02 GMT 

After the Oscar comes the famous letdown anyway.

PostPosted: Sun January 7th, 2018, 22:14 GMT 

Bob deserves an Oscar for a lot, but my favorite is for how switches to street talk in his songs...a bit extreme sometimes,yes, but easy easier to understand than Shakespeare it seems.

PostPosted: Sun January 7th, 2018, 22:21 GMT 

brooklyn damsel wrote:
Bob deserves an Oscar for a lot, but my favorite is for how switches to street talk in his songs...a bit extreme sometimes,yes, but easy easier to understand than Shakespeare it seems.

In his time, Shakespeare was a popular artist. He played to the common people, not to the elites. These people may have been mostly illiterate, but their everyday, oral linguistic comprehension was patently far superior than what is common nowadays. It's not that Shakespeare is difficult to understand but that we are less capable of it in our supposedly progressed times.