Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue November 20th, 2018, 13:33 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon August 13th, 2018, 08:59 GMT 

When travelling through France recently, I suddenly remembered this:
Decades back, I saw in a record store in Paris, on the Champs Élysées, a Dylan-Box with maybe three or four vinyl discs, some kind of a compilation. The box itself was red and the kind of box like the one of the Bangla-Desh concert. But I can’t say if the lid could be removed or folded back. Neither can I say if there was a picture of Bob on the box or simply his name printed on it.
From reading the track list, there was nothing new to me (but I of course can’t tell if there was a special version of one or the other songs used).
As to the year: I strongly believe it was 1981, but even that is unclear. But it cannot have been later. I did not buy the item, as you might assume, because of the price (seemed somewhat high) and I didn’t know where to put in in my small car cramped with a full camping equipment and two more weeks to travel. This is the reason why I think it was 1981.
Of course it’s unknown to me, if this was a French release in the first place. Could have been imported from anywhere. But maybe, if 1981 is correct, could there have been a connection with Bob touring France that year? Toulouse, Colombes and Avignon, right?
Yes well, I did visited “Searching for a gem”, but I did not find anything.
Would be nice if anybody would know anything about this.

PostPosted: Mon August 13th, 2018, 12:54 GMT 

I don't know if this has anything to do with your question, but the three volumes of A Rare batch of Little White Wonder ( a somehow semi-legit releases in Italy from the mid-seventies) were released as one set in 1980. The cover ,as well as the timeframe,somehow fits your description:
https://www.jekooft.de/kaufen/details/m ... /2152/kat/

PostPosted: Mon August 13th, 2018, 14:54 GMT 

WrittenInMySoul wrote:
I don't know if this has anything to do with your question, but the three volumes of A Rare batch of Little White Wonder ( a somehow semi-legit releases in Italy from the mid-seventies) were released as one set in 1980. The cover ,as well as the timeframe,somehow fits your description:

I had that box set, I have no idea what happened to it though

PostPosted: Mon August 13th, 2018, 15:16 GMT 

WrittenInMySoul wrote:

Oh, I forgot to say that it very much looked offical, complete with original label, rather CBS than Columbia. No, it was definetly not the Rare Batch, this I own myself.

PostPosted: Tue August 14th, 2018, 20:21 GMT 

You may search here if you can find it: https://www.discogs.com/artist/59792-Bo ... e=Releases