Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu August 16th, 2018, 09:49 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri June 8th, 2018, 23:19 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 27th, 2015, 14:26 GMT
Posts: 446
NEVER ENDING TOUR VOLUME I - 1992 - 2004


I have made an "Official" release from the Never Ending Tour using the released albums from Columbia (mostly). "Stolen Roses" and "Enjoy Every Sandwich" are excluded. "Mtv Unplugged", "SupperClub", "Nara '94", "Grammys", "Rock And Roll Hall Fame", tributes, duplicated songs and duets, excluded as well.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the poet laureate of rock 'n' roll. The voice of the promise of the '60s counterculture. The guy who forced folk into bed with rock, who donned makeup in the '70s and disappeared into a haze of substance abuse, who emerged to find Jesus, and who suddenly shifted gears, releasing some of the strongest music of his career beginning" in the late '90s. Ladies and gentlemen, Bob Dylan!"

It's a killer album, it flows naturally. It makes total sense, in purpose. I like A LOT. COLUMBIA MUST RELEASE THIS.

_______________________________________________________

STANDARD EDITION (3 CD - 35 tracks!!!):

DISC ONE:

1 - "THE GIRL ON THE GREENBRIAR SHORE" (30 Jan 1992) (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)
2 - "HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED" (14 Aug 1994) (Woodstock '94)
3 - "MY BACK PAGES" (3 Aug 1996) (Live '96)
4 - "TOMBSTONE BLUES" (4 Aug 1996) (Live '96)
5 - "BALLAD OF A THIN MAN" (4 Aug 1996) (Live '96)
6 - "BLIND WILLIE MCTELL" (17 Aug 1997) (Love Sick)
7 - "COCAINE BLUES" (24 Aug 1997) (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)
8 - "ROVING GLAMBER" (17 Dec 1997) (Love Sick)
9 - "CAN'T WAIT" (20 Dec 1997) (Love Sick)
10 - "TEARS OF RAGE" (17 Jan 1998) (Not Dark Yet)
11 - "BORN IN TIME" (1 Feb 1998) (Love Sick)
12 - "MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE" (21 May 1998) (Things Have Changed)
13 - "BOOTS OF SPANISH LEATHER" (21 Jan 1998) (Not Dark Yet)

DISC TWO:

1 - "I & I" (1 Jul 1998) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
2 - "SEÑOR (TALES OF YANKEE POWER)" (6 Jul 1998) (Not Dark Yet)
3 - "MAN IN THE LONG BLACK COAT" (30 Jan 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
4 - "NEVER GONNA BE THE SAME AGAIN" (30 Jan 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
5 - "WATCHING THE RIVER FLOW" (1 Feb 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
6 - "LOVE SICK" (6 Feb 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
7 - "MILLION MILES" (19 Feb 1999) (Million Miles - Live Recordings)
8 - "TO BE ALONE WITH YOU" (22 Feb 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
9 - "DON'T THINK TWICE, IT'S ALL RIGHT" (22 Feb 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
10 - "NOT FADE AWAY" (22 Feb 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
11 - "VISIONS OF JOHANNA" (25 Feb 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
12 - "FRIEND OF THE DEVIL" (1 Mar 1999) (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)

DISC THREE:

1 - "SONG TO WOODY" (16 Mar 2000) (Things Have Changed)
2 - "HIGHLANDS" (16 Mar 2000) (The Best Of Bob Dylan volume 2)
3 - "BLOWIN' IN THE WIND" (16 Mar 2000) (The Best of Bob Dylan volume 2)
4 - "THINGS HAVE CHANGED" (15 Jun 2000) (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)
5 - "SOMEBODY TOUCH ME" (24 Sep 2000) (Bob Dylan Live 1961 - 2001)
6 - "COUNTRY PIE" (24 Sep 2000) (Bob Dylan Live 1961 - 2001)
7 - "TRYIN' TO GET TO HEAVEN" (5 Oct 2000) (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)
8 - "LONESOME DAY BLUES" (1 Feb 2002) (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)
9 - "HIGH WATER (FOR CHARLEY PATTON)" (23 Aug 2003) (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)
10 - "COLD IRONS BOUND" (11 Jun 2004) (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)

_______________________________________________________

CREDITS:

BOB DYLAN: vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harp, piano. (All 35 tracks)
TONY GARNIER: bass, acoustic bass, double bass. (34 tracks)
LARRY CAMPBELL: vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, pedal steel, lap steel guitar, dobro. (30 tracks)
DAVID KEMPER: drums, percussion. (27 tracks)
BUCKY BAXTER: vocals, acoustic guitar,pedal steel, lap steel guitar. (24 tracks)
CHARLIE SEXTON: vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar. (8 tracks)
J. J. JACKSON: vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar. (4 tracks)
WINSTON WATSON: drums, percussion. (4 tracks)
GEORGE RECELI: drums, percussion. (3 tracks)
FREDDY KOELLA: electric guitar. (1 track)
TOMMY MORRONGIELLO: electric guitar. (1 track)
STU KIMBALL: electric guitar. (1 track)

Mixed by Chris Shaw.
Produced by Jack Frost.

1992 - 1 track.
1994 - 1 track.
1996 - 3 tracks.
1997 - 4 tracks.
1998 - 6 tracks.
1999 - 10 tracks.
2000 - 7 tracks.
2002 - 1 track.
2003 - 1 track.
2004 - 1 track.

There are no songs or gigs represented from 1993, 1995 and 2001 in this set.

Bob Dylan - 1 track.
The Freewhelin' Bob Dylan - 2 tracks.
The Times They Are A-Changin' - 1 track.
Another Side Of Bob Dylan - 1 track.
Highway 61 Revisited - 3 tracks.
Blonde On Blonde - 1 track.
The Basement Tapes - 1 track.
Nashville Skyline - 2 tracks.
Greatest Hits vol II - 1 track.
Street Legal - 1 track.
Infidels - 1 track.
Empire Burlesque - 1 track.
Oh Mercy - 1 track.
Under The Red Sky - 1 track.
Time Out Of Mind - 7 tracks.
The Essential Bob Dylan - 1 track.
Love & Theft - 2 tracks.
Outtakes - 1 track.
Covers - 6 tracks.

Regular albums not represented in this set:

Bringing It All Back Home
John Wesley Harding
Self Portrait
New Morning
Planet Waves
Blood On The Tracks
Desire
Slow Train Coming
Saved
Shot Of Love
Knocked Out Loaded
Down In The Groove
Good as I Been to You
World Gone Wrong

_______________________________________________________

DELUXE "BOX" EDITION:

-Standard 3 CD edition
-Never Ending Tour - The Book
-30 Min Documentary. Interviews including Jeff Rosen, Chris Shaw, Tommy Morrongiello, Charlie Sexton, Larry Campbell & Tony Garnier.
-Hardcover booklet 30 pages
-1 Bonus Mini LP

BONUS MINI LP TRACKLIST:

a side:

"Down Along The Cove" - (Bonnaroo Music Festival 2004).
"Cocaine Blues" - (Love Sick).
"Make You Feel My Love" - (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
"Love Sick" - (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs)

b side:

"Things Have Changed" - (Bob Dylan Live 1961 - 2001)
"Tears Of Rage" - (Bob Dylan.com - Masters from Online Performances)
"Boots Of Spanish Leather" - (Live '96)
"Cold Irons Bound" - (Love Sick).

-Tickets from "Boston 1994", "Portsmouth 2000", "Niagara Falls 2003".
-Posters from "Springfield 1992", "Berlin 1996", "Wembley 2000".
-Handwritten setlist from "Praga 1995", "El Rey 1997", "Red Bluff 2002".
-Memorabilia.
-High Fi FLAC Files - All 35 songs!!

_______________________________________________________

DIGITAL STANDARD EDITION:

-Same as "Standard Edition - 3 Cd's / 35 tracks".
-High Fi FLAC Files - All 35 songs!!

_______________________________________________________

DIGITAL MAX. EDITION:

-Same as "Standard Edition - 3 Cd's / 35 tracks".
-High Fi FLAC Files - All 35 songs!!
-30 Min Documentary. Interviews including Jeff Rosen, Chris Shaw, Tommy Morrongiello, Charlie Sexton, Larry Campbell & Tony Garnier.
-Three bonus tracks:

"Cold Irons Bound" - (Love Sick). Also included on the Mini LP fron the Deluxe Box Edition.
"Love Sick" - (The Bootleg Series volume 8 - Tell Tale Signs) Also included on the Mini LP fron the Deluxe Box Edition.
"Shelter From The Storm" (Soundboard from "Bob Dylan.com Online Performances". Unavailable on any other edition!!!)

______________________________________________________________

That's all, folks. I have burn this 35 performances in three cd's. A killer album, really great!

Columbia must release this compilation.


Last edited by Matt_77 on Fri June 8th, 2018, 23:42 GMT, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri June 8th, 2018, 23:30 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 2159
Location: Ireland
Matt, great idea and very commendable choices. With so many concerts and performances featured in this era, it's inevitable that ruthless decisions have to be made. Therefore, my only quibble would be the lack of a performance from '95, a year that found him in great voice.

Anyway, thanks for your work and for sharing it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri June 8th, 2018, 23:35 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 27th, 2015, 14:26 GMT
Posts: 446
Mickvet wrote:
Matt, great idea and very commendable choices. With so many concerts and performances featured in this era, it's inevitable that ruthless decisions have to be made. Therefore, my only quibble would be the lack of a performance from '95, a year that found him in great voice.

Anyway, thanks for your work and for sharing it.


Thanks a lot!

Yes, Columbia hasn't released any "Official" performance from 1995 and that is so criminal.

This cd's sounds fantastic. "Boots Of Spanish Leather", "Visions Of Johanna" and "Friend Of The Devil" are ORGASMIC.

Love them!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 9th, 2018, 00:05 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 2159
Location: Ireland
Matt_77 wrote:
Mickvet wrote:
Matt, great idea and very commendable choices. With so many concerts and performances featured in this era, it's inevitable that ruthless decisions have to be made. Therefore, my only quibble would be the lack of a performance from '95, a year that found him in great voice.

Anyway, thanks for your work and for sharing it.


Thanks a lot!

Yes, Columbia hasn't released any "Official" performance from 1995 and that is so criminal.

This cd's sounds fantastic. "Boots Of Spanish Leather", "Visions Of Johanna" and "Friend Of The Devil" are ORGASMIC.

Love them!!


Ah, forgive me my obtuseness. I ought to have realised that this year was omitted because of your adopted criteria rather than personal taste. Imagine all they have released and nothing from that wonderful, wonderful year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 9th, 2018, 06:07 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon August 8th, 2011, 09:39 GMT
Posts: 2143
Location: Between Lincoln County Road and Armageddon
To be honest, I never really knew that so many live tracks from the Net have been released officially in one form or another. It would be good to have them all together in one release.
Matts collection looks good to me. I definetly would buy such a release. Let's hope that somebody in charge at Columbia reads this thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 9th, 2018, 09:15 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon March 16th, 2009, 10:46 GMT
Posts: 1167
Location: London
I would get this instantly. Thanks for posting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 9th, 2018, 12:11 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 2nd, 2007, 13:41 GMT
Posts: 596
Location: Lincoln County Road . . . (or Armageddon?)
I have about 75% of these in some form or another and could probably find the others,
but TIME!

If only there was a way you could share this wonderful collection...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 9th, 2018, 19:25 GMT 

Joined: Sun August 23rd, 2015, 16:46 GMT
Posts: 39
Nice looking set, but "Somebody Touch Me" is a hilarious typo. Sounds a bit... less spiritual.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 9th, 2018, 19:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat April 3rd, 2010, 17:44 GMT
Posts: 1590
gerardv wrote:
I would get this instantly. Thanks for posting.

Fantastic selection and I echo the quote above. Once again it makes me hopeful that someone from Columbia keeps tabs on these topics and gets the message that we are long overdue a live set from the nineties onward. Nice to see that you included a couple of tracks from Bob Dylan Live 1961 - 2001. I have that set and hopefully Columbia have soundboard quality tapes of both the shows so hopefully they could add a couple more. However, I have to say that the tracks included on the Crystal Cat sets from both shows are of the same, if not better, quality than those thus far officially released!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon June 11th, 2018, 15:20 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon July 3rd, 2006, 15:39 GMT
Posts: 393
Location: Up the ladder to the roof
I just compiled this playlist myself - and you're right, it's great! Definitely should be released officially. Thanks for sharing.

(FYI, all the ones from BobDylan.com - and a lot more that were once posted there - can be found on the two great From the Vaults boots: https://expectingrain.com/discussions/v ... =9&t=93217 )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 17th, 2018, 18:46 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 27th, 2015, 14:26 GMT
Posts: 446
Mickvet wrote:

Ah, forgive me my obtuseness. I ought to have realised that this year was omitted because of your adopted criteria rather than personal taste. Imagine all they have released and nothing from that wonderful, wonderful year.


Yeah. Especially, Prague and that rockin' rolling stonish version of Crash On The Leeve from Monterey!!!

WrittenInMySoul wrote:
To be honest, I never really knew that so many live tracks from the Net have been released officially in one form or another. It would be good to have them all together in one release.
Matts collection looks good to me. I definetly would buy such a release. Let's hope that somebody in charge at Columbia reads this thread.


I agree. Stirling 2001 would be an amazing release with crystal clear sound, video, etc.

gerardv wrote:
I would get this instantly. Thanks for posting.


It would be amazing but I don't know if it's gonna happen sometime....

summerteeth wrote:
I have about 75% of these in some form or another and could probably find the others,
but TIME!

If only there was a way you could share this wonderful collection...


Haha!! The songs from the "Love Sick single" were so hard to find!

TJYoung wrote:
Nice looking set, but "Somebody Touch Me" is a hilarious typo. Sounds a bit... less spiritual.


Haha, it's a shame that they released that song and no "To Ramona" from that gig.

dvdunplugged wrote:
gerardv wrote:
I would get this instantly. Thanks for posting.

Fantastic selection and I echo the quote above. Once again it makes me hopeful that someone from Columbia keeps tabs on these topics and gets the message that we are long overdue a live set from the nineties onward. Nice to see that you included a couple of tracks from Bob Dylan Live 1961 - 2001. I have that set and hopefully Columbia have soundboard quality tapes of both the shows so hopefully they could add a couple more. However, I have to say that the tracks included on the Crystal Cat sets from both shows are of the same, if not better, quality than those thus far officially released!


Thanks for your reply. But I think they hardly have soundboards recordings... I don't believe that Columbia were taping all the almost 3000 shows...

the3penguins wrote:
I just compiled this playlist myself - and you're right, it's great! Definitely should be released officially. Thanks for sharing.

(FYI, all the ones from BobDylan.com - and a lot more that were once posted there - can be found on the two great From the Vaults boots: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=93217 )


You see?? It flows really well.

Something make me thing that Columbia have been release this songs out of orden, literally.............

..... but who knows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 17th, 2018, 20:11 GMT 

Joined: Thu June 16th, 2005, 05:20 GMT
Posts: 44
Excellent song selection-------the only addition I can think of off the top of my head is one of the incredible performances of "Drifter's Escape" from the mid 90s.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue June 19th, 2018, 18:55 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 27th, 2015, 14:26 GMT
Posts: 446
Keith wrote:
Excellent song selection-------the only addition I can think of off the top of my head is one of the incredible performances of "Drifter's Escape" from the mid 90s.


Yeah. Or that hardrockin' version from Stirling Castle 2001.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu June 21st, 2018, 16:35 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 25th, 2008, 03:29 GMT
Posts: 179
Location: Weirton, WV, USA
Matt_77 wrote:

Yes, Columbia hasn't released any "Official" performance from 1995 and that is so criminal.



One track has been released--his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performance of All Along the Watchtower, which is on the 1996 CD "The Concert For The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu June 21st, 2018, 19:06 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 25th, 2009, 02:38 GMT
Posts: 296
Location: Champlin, MN
Matt_77 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. But I think they hardly have soundboards recordings... I don't believe that Columbia were taping all the almost 3000 shows...


you never know

Quote:
Visitors will also be able to access audio from all of his recorded concerts during the past five decades. Many of them were taped by the Dylan camp – including every show on the Never Ending Tour – but the archive has also turned to fans for audience recordings to fill in the gaps. "Things always weirdly pop up," says chief curator Michael Chaiken. "We just got the complete recording of the 1961 Carnegie Chapter Hall from the engineer. He did two sets, but half of it has ever been out there. We have the first generation original tape. And I think from 1966 on they have almost all the shows in one way or another, whether they are soundboard or audience recordings."


https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/bob-dylans-tulsa-archive-an-exclusive-inside-look-w489787


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu June 21st, 2018, 19:47 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 2005
I hope they lock you up and throw away the key like those Mexican murderists.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri June 22nd, 2018, 22:38 GMT 

Joined: Thu May 26th, 2016, 13:51 GMT
Posts: 111
Location: Near some Japanese mountain range
Wow, very nice! I need to put this together for myself.

Too bad there's not enough material for a Vol II. Has anything post-2004 been officially released, besides a few online performances that dripped out after the Bonnaroo tracks (like Forgetful Heart from Summerfest 2009)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri June 29th, 2018, 21:57 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 27th, 2015, 14:26 GMT
Posts: 446
WiseJake237 wrote:
Has anything post-2004 been officially released, besides a few online performances that dripped out after the Bonnaroo tracks (like Forgetful Heart from Summerfest 2009)?


Nope. Some people said at Hoffman's that the concert in Hamburg in 2013 (october 19) was recorded.

Also, professional cameras at the Royal Albert Hall same year.

Professional recordings (audio & video) from Indio, California exist as well.

Pabo wrote:

One track has been released--his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performance of All Along the Watchtower, which is on the 1996 CD "The Concert For The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."


Yeah, but it's not included here.

Dan33185 wrote:
you never know

Quote:
Visitors will also be able to access audio from all of his recorded concerts during the past five decades. Many of them were taped by the Dylan camp – including every show on the Never Ending Tour – but the archive has also turned to fans for audience recordings to fill in the gaps. "Things always weirdly pop up," says chief curator Michael Chaiken. "We just got the complete recording of the 1961 Carnegie Chapter Hall from the engineer. He did two sets, but half of it has ever been out there. We have the first generation original tape. And I think from 1966 on they have almost all the shows in one way or another, whether they are soundboard or audience recordings."


https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/bob-dylans-tulsa-archive-an-exclusive-inside-look-w489787


Yeah but I don't believe them....

Why the "Lonesome Day Blues" from 2002 is an audience recording??!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 30th, 2018, 13:40 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon July 31st, 2006, 09:13 GMT
Posts: 2274
Location: out on Decatur Hill
Matt_77 wrote:
Nope. Some people said at Hoffman's that the concert in Hamburg in 2013 (october 19) was recorded.

Also, professional cameras at the Royal Albert Hall same year.


Royal Albert Hall 2013: I was there, no cameras.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat June 30th, 2018, 18:50 GMT 

Joined: Tue August 9th, 2011, 13:46 GMT
Posts: 22
Location: South Loop
Matt_77 wrote: "Yeah. Especially, Prague ['95]."

Yes. Prague '95 deserves the deluxe treatment. I'd seen four excellent shows in '94 and was still thrilled when I heard these. Tremendous.

Would also like an official version of something like the Golden Vanity ('88-'92) collection. Stellar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 9th, 2018, 22:22 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 27th, 2015, 14:26 GMT
Posts: 446
"Oh Babe, Ain't No Lie" from the Stirling show was also released.

I'm wondering how it sounds.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group