Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat August 18th, 2018, 18:21 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 13:47 GMT 

majortominor wrote:
Really sad to see people bending themselves into pretzels to come up with a rationale for how this isn't really an anti-homophobic gesture on Bob's part. Even sadder to see a couple of real homophobes come out of the woodwork.

It's a gay song, i.e. a song that makes gay people and people who love gay people happy that there are gay people in the world. It's gay gay gay gay gay.

No matter what bigoted flag you post or how many quotation marks you put around the word wedding.

Well said.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 13:48 GMT 

majortominor wrote:
Really sad to see people bending themselves into pretzels to come up with a rationale for how this isn't really an anti-homophobic gesture on Bob's part. Even sadder to see a couple of real homophobes come out of the woodwork.

It's a gay song, i.e. a song that makes gay people and people who love gay people happy that there are gay people in the world. It's gay gay gay gay gay.

No matter what bigoted flag you post or how many quotation marks you put around the word wedding.

Agreed!! I've already posted the quote from the producer who said Bob was happy to do the project and suggested the song himself. This is pretty open and shut, there was no misunderstanding and was not done by some wild eyed kid in Dylan Inc, this was all Bob.

I also can't stand the old, "why aren't you tolerant of my intolerance" argument.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 14:25 GMT 

'Let him go to some other man' don't think there's too many ways to interpret it! It's a gay song for a gay wedding album. Either Bob has gone full gay (the next incarnation after the Sinatra years?) or he's supportive of those who are :wink: pity some of his fans are feeling a little insecure about it....

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 14:50 GMT 

smoke wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:

smoke, I googled the grey striped flag. Apparently, it's a "hetero pride flag." Looks kinda sad, doesn't it? :lol:

"The grey flag celebrates our lack of diversity and imagination...." :roll:

It looks sad, indeed. The only imagination it took was "Hmm... I think it would be a good idea to take my color TV and trade it in for a black and white one."

Just more paranoid intolerance from a certain group of people who choose tribal ignorance and allow themselves to be manipulated by a certain political party.
Sort of the gist of Only a Pawn in Their Game, but applicable to the LGBTQ community.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 16:05 GMT 

"The grey flag celebrates our lack of diversity and imagination...." :roll:[/quote]

It looks sad, indeed. The only imagination it took was "Hmm... I think it would be a good idea to take my color TV and trade it in for a black and white one."

Just more paranoid intolerance from a certain group of people who choose tribal ignorance and allow themselves to be manipulated by a certain political party.
Sort of the gist of Only a Pawn in Their Game, but applicable to the LGBTQ community.[/quote]

Ouch - that was not polite. Please don´t attack flags. It is immature and shows tribal ignorance (ouch back).

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 16:35 GMT 

hana wrote:
Ouch - that was not polite. Please don´t attack flags. It is immature and shows tribal ignorance (ouch back).

Please don't try and pretend that you take pride in that "flag", if you can even call it that (have never seen one not in jpeg form so it doesn't really count does it?). It's an image used to incite irritation and stir conflict, nothing more.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 18:50 GMT 

Johanna Parker googled it and I have no reason not to believe her/him. I never seen Guatemala´s flag and I feel no need to mock it. I understand and respect that if I said to people from Guatemala that their "flag´s" design lacks imagination they would have a reason to be angry and hurt. If I said that they expressed (without specifying why) paranoid intolerance toward my opinion and choose the tribal ignorance - they would be probably pissed off. Seriously - how many people here express harsch words against homosexuality compared to heterosexuality? Try to read this tread again and put t ex "french" and "italian" instead of presumed sex orientation - how does that feel?

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 19:08 GMT 

hana wrote:
Johanna Parker googled it and I have no reason not to believe her/him. I never seen Guatemala´s flag and I feel no need to mock it. I understand and respect that if I said to people from Guatemala that their "flag´s" design lacks imagination they would have a reason to be angry and hurt. If I said that they expressed (without specifying why) paranoid intolerance toward my opinion and choose the tribal ignorance - they would be probably pissed off. Seriously - how many people here express harsch words against homosexuality compared to heterosexuality? Try to read this tread again and put t ex "french" and "italian" instead of presumed sex orientation - how does that feel?

Not entirely sure what your point is.
Intolerance against others -- race, gender, sexual preference, religion, nationality -- is unacceptable.
Intolerance against intolerance? Fair game.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 19:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 19:18 GMT 
Promethium Member

majortominor wrote:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 19:22 GMT 

hana wrote:

Absolutely tedious and futile.

We are not talking about a state, we are talking about an attempt at a social movement as a front for bigotry.

I'm heterosexual by the way, so you may wish to reconsider whether my comments are "harsh against heterosexuals". The whole concept of heterosexual pride is cooked up purely to stir trouble and attract intolerance. Gay pride arose due to persecution against LGBT groups. Perhaps one day when such persecution no longer exists there will be no need for gay pride, but until then it's entirely fair that such a concept should be required for the advancement of equality.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:00 GMT 

I'm heterosexual. I don't need any flag to claim for respect for my sexual orientation. I have never been oppresed or mocked for being heterosexual. I also have the right to be married. Homosexuals cannot say the same. If I have to choose a flag, without any doubt I choose the gay flag. Because the gay flag is not against me, it is in favour of their rights. Bravo Bob.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:04 GMT 

Waaaaaaaa why won't people respect my right to hate? I spend time shaming other peoples' lifestyles then complain when they do it to me. Waaaaaa I even made a fake flag to elicit sympathy and compare it to a real flag from a real country. Cry me a river.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

People should be aware that being heterosexual is still an excellent lifestyle, seriously.
So why can’t that be celebrated too?
btw please try to lighten up and stop the intolerant attitudes.
peace :)

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:12 GMT 

Alouette wrote:
People should be aware that being heterosexual is still an excellent lifestyle, seriously.
btw please try to lighten up and stop the intolerant, hate speech.

You know what? I am no great fan of biblical Bob but "Man of Peace" seems deeply relevant to your conceited post. As far as I am concerned you've already done the damage and shown yourself to be homophobic in your other posts.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

It is sad that impulsive name calling has replaced any attempt at thoughtful civil discussion
Peace.

Homophobe
Heterophobe
Racist
Islamaphobe
Christianaphobe
Antisemite
Misogynist
Chauvinist
Loony lefty
Right wing
White supremist
Bigot

What did I miss?

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:22 GMT 

Alouette wrote:
It is sad that impulsive name calling has replaced any attempt at thoughtful civil discussion
Peace.

Homophobe
Heterophobe
Racist
Islamaphobe
Christianaphobe
Antisemite
Misogynist
Chauvinist
Loony lefty
Right wing
White supremist
Bigot

What did I miss?

Hypocrite.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

Excellent thank you
I forgot- fool

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:27 GMT 
Promethium Member

Senyor Timbaler wrote:
I also have the right to be married. Homosexuals cannot say the same.

Thank goodness and reason, in many countries of the world, we do have that right now. I know it's not everywhere, but it's getting better.
Thanks for your post.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:27 GMT 

Alouette wrote:
btw please try to lighten up and stop the intolerant attitudes.

I don't celebrate being heterosexual for the same reason I don't celebrate being white or being male. Because in all of these three cases, I'm part of the (historically) powerful group, not of the one being oppressed. Instead, I empathise with the ones who haven't been so lucky, with the LGBT, with non-whites and with women. Is this reasoning really so hard to grasp?

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:34 GMT 

summerteeth wrote:
hana wrote:

Not entirely sure what your point is.
Intolerance against others -- race, gender, sexual preference, religion, nationality -- is unacceptable.
Intolerance against intolerance? Fair game.

My point is that I don´t like words "paranoid intolerance, tribal ignorance and manipulated minds" being used about people you don´t know. Nobody said it about you. In which way is a grey flag intolerant against you that it triggers such a reaction? How far will you go to humiliate it or eliminate it in your revenge intolerance?

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:39 GMT 

Alouette wrote:
Excellent thank you
I forgot- fool

Foolish and homophobic aren't strong enough words to describe what happened to my friend recently. He was assaulted in the street, verbally and physically abused coming home from a bar, all for holding hands with his boyfriend in public. He still hasn't felt comfortable enough to come out to his Catholic parents and he now can no longer even feel comfortable being himself out in the open. This is in a society too where gay marriage is legal and by law equality is upheld.

There is still much progress to be done.

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:50 GMT 

foxy wrote:
hana wrote:

Absolutely tedious and futile.

We are not talking about a state, we are talking about an attempt at a social movement as a front for bigotry.

I'm heterosexual by the way, so you may wish to reconsider whether my comments are "harsh against heterosexuals". The whole concept of heterosexual pride is cooked up purely to stir trouble and attract intolerance. Gay pride arose due to persecution against LGBT groups. Perhaps one day when such persecution no longer exists there will be no need for gay pride, but until then it's entirely fair that such a concept should be required for the advancement of equality.

I really don´t think that Bob Dylan´s song will be played in Saudi Arabien, even it would be most needed there. But talking about Europé - can you tell me please in which way homosexuals are persecuted? Talking about equality - in which way are homosexuals in Europé less equal or more discriminated compared to t ex older non-attractive single moms - in the society or on the sexual marketplace?

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 20:53 GMT 

foxy wrote:
Alouette wrote:
Excellent thank you
I forgot- fool

Foolish and homophobic aren't strong enough words to describe what happened to my friend recently. He was assaulted in the street, verbally and physically abused coming home from a bar, all for holding hands with his boyfriend in public. He still hasn't felt comfortable enough to come out to his Catholic parents and he now can no longer even feel comfortable being himself out in the open. This is in a society too where gay marriage is legal and by law equality is upheld.

There is still much progress to be done.

That's terrible but very sadly not uncommon. Hope your friend will be OK

PostPosted: Sat April 7th, 2018, 21:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Moron
Hypocrite
Fool
Homophobe
Heterophobe
Transphobic
Claustrophobic
Xenophobic
Racist
Islamaphobe
Christianaphobe
Antisemite
Misogynist
Chauvinist
Loony lefty
Right wing
White supremist
Bigot
Hippie
Red neck
Commie
Extremist
Fundamentalist

What else?

Last edited by Alouette on Sat April 7th, 2018, 21:14 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next