Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun September 23rd, 2018, 14:05 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Dylanchords.info
PostPosted: Sun March 4th, 2018, 17:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

eyolf wrote:
Update: I've re-established dylanchords.com as a mirror of the mirror at dylanchords.info. Those who can't use the .info address should be able to use .com
Please let me know if there is any problems with the new/old address.

Thanks for all you do eyolf. You basically taught me how to play guitar.

PostPosted: Sun March 4th, 2018, 18:57 GMT 

Thanks eyolf for looking into the problem. The new mirror at .com works just fine here. Living in the "last century" with the current version of dylanchords has never been a bad experience for this user, but your anticipated upgrade to v.2.0 sounds like it'll be a dream-place come true for both you and us. Thank you for your dedication and hard work. Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon March 5th, 2018, 01:39 GMT 

You're a damn saint Eyolf, it's working perfectly now! Thank you so much for everything you do.

PostPosted: Tue March 13th, 2018, 04:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

The regular Dylanchords.com is working for me now! Thanks for the fix!

PostPosted: Sun April 1st, 2018, 00:52 GMT 

eyolf wrote:
Update: I've re-established dylanchords.com as a mirror of the mirror at dylanchords.info. Those who can't use the .info address should be able to use .com
Please let me know if there is any problems with the new/old address.

Eyolf, just want to say thank you very much for all the hard work you have done with Dylanchords. I have learnt guitar in no small part through using your website as reference, I am extremely grateful to you.

Winter Lude wrote:

I own the big, classic, Dylan song book that covers 1966-1975. Just about all the chords in that book are in the wrong key or just plain wrong.

I own The Little Black Songbook. It’s very accurate for the most part, I think largely because they probably ripped off more than a few of the songs from Dylanchords. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon April 2nd, 2018, 03:32 GMT 

foxy wrote:
I own The Little Black Songbook. It’s very accurate for the most part, I think largely because they probably ripped off more than a few of the songs from Dylanchords. :wink:

At some point I decided to leave a number of idiosyncracies/errors/typos etc. in the textual output, just to be able to track the textual genealogy of the site. I never got to a workable level of consistency, but I have tracked down a number of rip-offs on that account.

PostPosted: Mon April 2nd, 2018, 04:24 GMT 

eyolf wrote:
foxy wrote:

At some point I decided to leave a number of idiosyncracies/errors/typos etc. in the textual output, just to be able to track the textual genealogy of the site. I never got to a workable level of consistency, but I have tracked down a number of rip-offs on that account.

I haven’t been playing guitar for long (9 months) so I am still not great at playing by ear.

One potential rip off that comes to mind was Roll on John. I was using the Little Black Songbook which suggests G C and D, started strumming along as I played the record, and could tell straight away it was completely off key. Checked your website and saw it’s G C and D Capo Fret 1. I can’t see where they would have got those chords from omitting the capo unless they had just ripped them off the web without paying enough attention.

PostPosted: Mon April 2nd, 2018, 18:14 GMT 

Just wanted to add my 2¢ worth of thanks to eyolf, who doesn't get thanked often enough. I have been using Dylanchords religiously for years.

As someone else said, it practically taught me how to play the guitar. I once did a full concert of Blood on the Tracks concert for friends, using entirely the Dylanchords transcriptions (in Open D/E no less). Been working on some of the more recent jazzier songs - When the Deal, Po Boy, etc - more recently.

PostPosted: Mon June 11th, 2018, 18:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

Dylanchords doesn't seem to be working for me. Is anybody else having problems with it today?

PostPosted: Mon June 11th, 2018, 18:58 GMT 

the3penguins wrote:
Just wanted to add my 2¢ worth of thanks to eyolf, who doesn't get thanked often enough. I have been using Dylanchords religiously for years.

As someone else said, it practically taught me how to play the guitar. I once did a full concert of Blood on the Tracks concert for friends, using entirely the Dylanchords transcriptions (in Open D/E no less). Been working on some of the more recent jazzier songs - When the Deal, Po Boy, etc - more recently.

I agree.

I'd be a better guitarist if this archive was available to me when I started (in 1979). Hearing something you love and then following precise instructions to play it yourself is very rewarding and that's what keeps people playing. I had the opposite. Everything I played was wrong and sounded bad, so I wouldn't try again - (thanks to the Dylan music books available at the time)

PostPosted: Mon June 11th, 2018, 19:25 GMT 

Nightingale's Code wrote:
Dylanchords doesn't seem to be working for me. Is anybody else having problems with it today?

That's right - the dylanchords.com address is down these days. I don't have the time to fix it until next week. In the meantime, try dylanchords.info, or thehttp://dylaniki.org/

PostPosted: Mon June 11th, 2018, 20:00 GMT 
Titanium Member

eyolf wrote:
Nightingale's Code wrote:

That's right - the dylanchords.com address is down these days. I don't have the time to fix it until next week. In the meantime, try dylanchords.info, or thehttp://dylaniki.org/

Thanks for the info and for the great site!

PostPosted: Sun August 12th, 2018, 20:56 GMT 

Dylanchords at dylanchords.com is operational once again. Thanks, Eyolf.
http://dylanchords.com/

PostPosted: Mon August 13th, 2018, 02:54 GMT 

Thank you!!! :D

PostPosted: Mon August 13th, 2018, 13:41 GMT 

Any chance Eyolf will add tabs for Fallen Angels or Triplicate? I'd love to see Tabs for Polka Dots and Moonbeams and P.S. I Love You