Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue August 21st, 2018, 06:02 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2018, 10:14 GMT 

Introducing Bob Dylan and The Band: The Ultimate Music Guide

Our latest addition to the Uncut family focusses on Bob and his legendary cohorts

50 years ago, The Band released their debut album, Music From Big Pink. To celebrate this momentous anniversary, we’re delighted to unveil our latest Ultimate Music Guide – dedicated to the The Band and their storied some-time collaborator, Bob Dylan. As John Robinson, our one-shots editor, says, “From the speedy and controversial thrills of their 1966 UK tour to the tranquil idylls of Woodstock, into the 1970s and beyond, this is the definitive story of one of music’s greatest partnerships.”

The issue – on sale from Thursday, though you can pre-order it here – is full of classic archive interviews from the Melody Maker and NME as well as brand new reviews of The Band’s catalogue and the collaborative albums recorded with Dylan. It begins with Allan Jones on Dylan’s Bootleg Series Volume 4 – the Royal Albert Hall concert of “Judas!” fame – and includes splendid reviews from Stephen Troussé on Music From Big Pink, Jon Dale on The Basement Tapes and plenty more.

Read more at https://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/introducin ... epM5Hm8.99

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2018, 12:32 GMT 

I bought this at the weekend. Tried to say no but kept picking it up, putting it down. Nice looking mag with interviews and album reviews. Question raised already over on Hoffmans was are the reviews for Planet Waves and Basement Tapes exactly the same as in the existing Dylan Ultimate music guide? Answer is no, they are new reviews and some of the song star ratings are different to the last Dylan edition. The 2 mentioned reviews are 3 pages now rather than 2.

Haven't read it all yet but I did inspire me to dig out the cd of Stage Fright, Moondog Matinee is next.

Only downside is the (in UK,) £8.99 price tag but I have a whole pile of these and they are great to keep and refer back to.

When I get to the end I'm sure it'll make me decide which way to turn next, either finally read the paperback of Barney Hoskyns Across the great divide or buy the Robbie autobiography.