Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon October 22nd, 2018, 01:51 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue September 11th, 2018, 19:15 GMT 
Titanium Member

You be the publisher! If you could add five songs, of any length, to the single-CD edition of the 2007 compilation, which ones would you choose, whether or not they were included on the full three-CD set?

Pretend it's eleven years ago -- okay, maybe not to the day, but at least to the season (the comp dropped in October). MT had come out a full year before. Any previously released material is fair game, including "Tell Ol' Bill," "Huck's Tune" and "Cross the Green Mountain," but remember: This was pre-TTS

I'll start:
1. It Ain't Me Babe
2. You Ain't Going Nowhere (BT sessions, though I would settle for Happy Traum)
3. Gotta Serve Somebody
4. Jokerman
5. I Want You

For those of us who don't know the release of which I am speaking, full track list below:

1. Blowin
2. The Times Out of Mind Have A-Changed
3. Subterranean
4. Tambo
5. Maggie
6. LARS
7. Positively 4th
8. Just like a Woman
9. Rainy day Bells
10. AATW
11. Lay Lady
12. Knockin
13. Tangled
14. Hurricane Florence
15. Make You Feel My Love
16. Things Have Changed
17. Someday Baby
18. Forever Young
19. Most likely You'll Go Your Way (Mark Ronson)

Had anyone else missed seeing the 22-track digital version that has a live cut of "Blowin,'" plus two songs from tOOM, whenever it dropped?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue September 11th, 2018, 19:28 GMT 
Titanium Member

Rainy Day Bells? Is that a slick mashup of RDW and Ring Them Bells? Gotta hear it! And Hurricane Florence? Who knew Bob was still writing topical songs about hurricanes in 2018! The Times Out Of Mind Have A-Changed? We must really have different versions of this release!

I would add these songs to the single disc (and I think the inclusion of Someday Baby on the official 1-Disc release is a joke):

Dirge
Idiot Wind
Isis
SeƱor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
Where Are You Tonight (Journey Through Dark Heat)

The fact that none of these five songs are even on the 51 track 3-Disc version is a travesty.

PostPosted: Tue September 11th, 2018, 19:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

Nightingale's Code wrote:
I think the inclusion of Someday Baby on the official 1-Disc release is a joke

Right there with ya, nightingale. And thank you for abiding by the rules of the game by not removing anything, jokes included. The comp appears to have the Cutting Edge material as its locus. Including the Ronson remix dud --nothing against the artist, I just don't recall hearing it back-to-back with "Uptown Funk" at the last public event I attended -- and Rainy Day Bells, if we wish to include that under this umbrella, "thin, wild mercury" runs through eight of the 19 tracks.

I entreat you, nightingale: Check out Neil Sedaka's oeuvre, not only to get my joke, but to explore the piano balladry of other artists, because it would appear to be your thing! (Dirge, Isis)