Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun November 18th, 2018, 07:42 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri October 5th, 2018, 11:22 GMT 

Indeed, this morning during the tribute of Aznavour on the french television, a french pianist, André Manoukian ( which was a friend of Aznavour) said : " A week ago Aznavour told me that Dylan aksed him to write a song for him, he finished it but wasnt proud of a verse so he havnt send it to him" this is the extract ( in french ofc, for those who can understand ! )
https://www.france.tv/actualites-et-soc ... avour.html at 53.35

So we can really expect a new album coming out soon with an Aznavour song in it !

PostPosted: Fri October 5th, 2018, 11:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

The Lucky Mathphil wrote:

So we can really expect a new album coming out soon with an Aznavour song in it !

ha!

PostPosted: Fri October 5th, 2018, 12:07 GMT 

Triplicata

moab

PostPosted: Fri October 5th, 2018, 19:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

From the Shores of Tripoli. Or "Tripod," for those of us who remember the internet's early days. Or how about "Tripe-ezoid"?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 14:35 GMT 

I would love to hear that song.

Did Aznavour ever cover one of Dylans songs?

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 16:22 GMT 

WrittenInMySoul wrote:
I would love to hear that song.
word.
would love to hear dylan sing that song

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 16:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

WrittenInMySoul wrote:
Did Aznavour ever cover one of Dylans songs?

Maybe, but I could hear Bob covering "Toi et Moi" with Céline Dion. Come on, Bob -- invite Céline onstage! She needs a new beau.

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 16:59 GMT 

Attachment:
Mrs Charles et Bob-.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 20:11 GMT 

As far as I know, Aznavour never covered a bob dylan song, even if he likes him a lot, but there's more stories about Dylan talkin about Aznavour ( the fact that he said in the 80s that Aznavour was one of the best showman he ever saw... He also sang The Times We've known ( he covered it twice) ( Les bons moments in french), and he also asked to take a picture with him in 2009 ( as someone posted it here )
Aznavour is a brilliant songwriter, and kind person !
That said, I dont know much about this song... We can imagine that the song will be send to Bob Dylan now Aznavour has passed away, or maybe the project has been left behind, but I think, as Bob Dylan really liked Aznavour's work, he will probably pay a tribute one day or another... Lets hope !
Hope you understood everything, Im a young french boy ahah

PostPosted: Tue October 9th, 2018, 09:54 GMT 

As far as I know, Aznavour never covered a bob dylan song, even if he likes him a lot, but there's more stories about Dylan talkin about Aznavour ( the fact that he said in the 80s that Aznavour was one of the best showman he ever saw... He also sang The Times We've known ( he covered it twice) ( Les bons moments in french), and he also asked to take a picture with him in 2009 ( as someone posted it here )
That said, I dont know much about this song... We can imagine that the song will be send to Bob Dylan now Aznavour has passed away, or maybe the project has been left behind, but I think, as Bob Dylan really liked Aznavour's work, he will probably pay a tribute one day or another... Lets hope !

I am an old Austrian Boy. I understand You very well andI share Your hope, Lucky.

PostPosted: Tue October 9th, 2018, 13:54 GMT 

"Sings in six languages, French, English, Italian. He's written over a thousand songs. I only know about half of them." Dylan's introduction to Aznavour's "I Drink" from Theme Time Radio Hour, Episode 3, "Drinking"