It is currently Mon May 20th, 2019, 00:33 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 8th, 2019, 16:17 GMT 

Including a $500 Bootleg Series bottle!

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 45800.html

PostPosted: Wed May 8th, 2019, 16:36 GMT 

Cheers !!!

PostPosted: Wed May 8th, 2019, 18:39 GMT 

Introducing the new japanese range Heaven's Sake.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2019, 02:25 GMT 

McG wrote:
Introducing the new japanese range Heaven's Sake.

Hah! Good one.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2019, 03:31 GMT 
Promethium Member

A+ for Ben.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2019, 11:11 GMT 

This phrase, "its 10 Year Old 100 Proof Tennessee Straight Bourbon, a limited two-barrel lot batch." strikes me as either too hard to believe or misleading. I cannot imagine that each bath was simply 2 barrels. As a point of comparison there is no clear definition of the phrase "small batch bourbon" but a rule of thumb is that a small batch means about 150 barrels or so.

It seems to me what this is is a blend of two barrels from the same batch (large or small). Because of that they cannot market it as a single barrels bourbon. I am certain it is not from a batch of just 2 barrels.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2019, 13:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

Henry Porter wrote:
This phrase, "its 10 Year Old 100 Proof Tennessee Straight Bourbon, a limited two-barrel lot batch." strikes me as either too hard to believe or misleading. I cannot imagine that each bath was simply 2 barrels. As a point of comparison there is no clear definition of the phrase "small batch bourbon" but a rule of thumb is that a small batch means about 150 barrels or so.

It seems to me what this is is a blend of two barrels from the same batch (large or small). Because of that they cannot market it as a single barrels bourbon. I am certain it is not from a batch of just 2 barrels.

Good point. And...how many bottles in only 2 barrels of whiskey? Not enough to supply a marketing campaign. Sounds like a scam to me.

But then again, Bob Dylan is the guy who, when asked about the pot connection to "Rainy Day Women", said "Don't you people read the bible?".

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2019, 14:06 GMT 

Another release from Bob's "I'm not there" line of products.

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2019, 14:10 GMT 

ディランパンチ
Diranpanchi

( Dylan's Punch )

$500

PostPosted: Thu May 9th, 2019, 21:40 GMT 

crazy price but getting the basic bottle out over here in Europe must be on their mind, the bottle design is gorgeous, would love one of them in my collection. Very surprised they havent tapped up the Dylan market over here.

Only need to buy it once then top it up with Jamesons.

PostPosted: Fri May 10th, 2019, 11:51 GMT 

chrome horse wrote:
Henry Porter wrote:

Good point. And...how many bottles in only 2 barrels of whiskey? Not enough to supply a marketing campaign. Sounds like a scam to me.

But then again, Bob Dylan is the guy who, when asked about the pot connection to "Rainy Day Women", said "Don't you people read the bible?".

STandard barrel hold 53 gallons. So that is 106 gallons. First year aging usually reduces by ten percent with up 2% or so each year after. Let's say it is a seven year old bourbon, just guessing, that would mean two barrels would only yield only about 84.5 gallons which means it would be a little more than 426 750ml bottles.

Given that I suspect these are blends of no more than two random casks from a larger batch. The price would be MUCH higher if there were only 426 bottles. Besides if there were sop few imagine the marketing a numbered and signed series of bottle would fetch.

PostPosted: Fri May 10th, 2019, 13:56 GMT 

I'll eat when I'm hungry, drink when....I can remortgage my house for a bottle.

PostPosted: Fri May 10th, 2019, 19:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

$500? Wow.
You’d think they’d at least include a Heaven’s Door luggage tag.

PostPosted: Fri May 10th, 2019, 20:38 GMT 

Or a key (and chain), ferhaps?

PostPosted: Sat May 11th, 2019, 14:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

When this whiskey business first came to light, I suggested Bob Dylan would have been better off jumping into the exploding pot market, as Willie Nelson and a few other celebrities have done. Maybe he felt the field was already too crowded. Also, with so much weed being grown now, for the first time ever, the price is dropping.
A women I met here, who lives in Oregon, told me she can buy good pot for $10 a quarter ounce in Oregon(where pot is legal now). I have been paying $75 a quarter for years, here in New Hampshire. But recently, I found a new connection for medical pot from Maine at $60 a quarter. And with this limited edition whiskey they are promoting, you know the profit margin is huge. Then of course, there is the other issue - alcohol is a potentially deadly, potentially addictive hard drug, which causes more death and "social wreckage" than illicit drugs combined. Pot, o the other hand,
is infinitely safer, and is "life enhancing".

PostPosted: Sat May 11th, 2019, 17:43 GMT 

chrome horse wrote:
When this whiskey business first came to light, I suggested Bob Dylan would have been better off jumping into the exploding pot market, as Willie Nelson and a few other celebrities have done. Maybe he felt the field was already too crowded. Also, with so much weed being grown now, for the first time ever, the price is dropping.
A women I met here, who lives in Oregon, told me she can buy good pot for $10 a quarter ounce in Oregon(where pot is legal now). I have been paying $75 a quarter for years, here in New Hampshire. But recently, I found a new connection for medical pot from Maine at $60 a quarter. And with this limited edition whiskey they are promoting, you know the profit margin is huge. Then of course, there is the other issue - alcohol is a potentially deadly, potentially addictive hard drug, which causes more death and "social wreckage" than illicit drugs combined. Pot, o the other hand,
is infinitely safer, and is "life enhancing".

Can just see the adverts with Bob skinning up.