Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue December 18th, 2018, 12:46 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 34  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun March 11th, 2018, 21:43 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon June 30th, 2014, 16:37 GMT
Posts: 468
wormington wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:
Oh, yeah. The mythical I'm Cold. Though I'm sure someone would have leaked that info a decade in advance. (Why are they called I'm Col btw?)

Those 2 arseholes who witnessed Bob's performance of those songs (Burnette and whatshisname) and most likely didn't think of pressing the rec button (nice one, lovelies) particularly remembered a song called (yes, you guessed it) "I'm cold", which creeped them out completely


Here is the Uncut article about the session: http://www.uncut.co.uk/features/shelter ... acks-15656

It was the seventies, so you just played music, not pass all your time recording it. Bob and Neil Young were always the exception in recording almost everything they did, rehearsals included. Like I said, we never know what is inside the vaults until they gracefully open it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 12th, 2018, 09:53 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 1240
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Please don’t call Steven Soles & T-Bone Burnett names.
Unlike you, they are respectful friends of Bob’s.

*Sigh*
My apologies to Mr. Burnett and Mr. Soles, whom I'm sure are decent folk and talented musicians. Apologies to their wives and mammas too. And to Bob Dylan. And to Mr. Barefoot and the entire ER community. And their mammas too.
Apologies if I missed anyone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 19th, 2018, 11:08 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 23409
Anr Bjotk wrote:
But is it likely BOTT sessions would reveal any tracks not already known or mentioned? I dont mean to be a party pooper, but I'm hearing a lot of what-ifs in these Bootleg Series BOTT talks.

Now, a soundboard of Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts, that I can get excited about!

Guessing there will be some sort of nuggets dropping into this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun March 25th, 2018, 02:35 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 21st, 2011, 19:55 GMT
Posts: 8150
Location: missin' The Mirror Girl
Besides Blood and SLC items. What do you believe we will get as well? What unreleased RTR items, etc.?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 27th, 2018, 10:19 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 23409
shooting_star_night wrote:
Besides Blood and SLC items. What do you believe we will get as well? What unreleased RTR items, etc.?

At this point, I hope it’s as Blood-centric as possible.
RTR can be its own separate BS Box.
Hoping for outtakes we never knew existed
& looking forward to the apparent solo versions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 27th, 2018, 10:29 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu July 10th, 2008, 15:11 GMT
Posts: 11812
Location: brighton uk
It is my understanding that an RTR/BOTT combined release is the most likely, and has been strongly hinted at much more recently than the strictly BOTT set mooted a couple of years ago. I think one reason for this is that some of the BOTT material known to exist seemed to be lost, or at least missing in action. I heard that this caused a great deal of anger, frustration, and head-scratching. I believe they have tried very hard to track down whatever was missing - if they haven't succeeded they may not want to do an 'incomplete' release based solely on that record... a shame.

Admittedly my source for this info is sometimes thought to be overzealous in their analysis of a situation, but they do seem to have some inside knowledge - I heard about the missing session(s) over a year ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 27th, 2018, 11:18 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon June 30th, 2014, 16:37 GMT
Posts: 468
slimtimslide wrote:
It is my understanding that an RTR/BOTT combined release is the most likely, and has been strongly hinted at much more recently than the strictly BOTT set mooted a couple of years ago. I think one reason for this is that some of the BOTT material known to exist seemed to be lost, or at least missing in action. I heard that this caused a great deal of anger, frustration, and head-scratching. I believe they have tried very hard to track down whatever was missing - if they haven't succeeded they may not want to do an 'incomplete' release based solely on that record... a shame.

Admittedly my source for this info is sometimes thought to be overzealous in their analysis of a situation, but they do seem to have some inside knowledge - I heard about the missing session(s) over a year ago.


If what you're saying is true, this would be a terrible loss for us all. I hope they found all the BOTT sessions in existence though, especially since they hinted at early demos with only Bob and his guitar a year or two ago.
I guess they decided to include the RTR material since it was the logical way to do it and another stand-alone RTR bootleg series would be useless from a selling point of view. Also there was the possibility of a documentary about the period (don't remember if it was Scarlet Rivera or Ronee Blakley who talked about it in a recent interview and indicated Scorsese could be at the helm).

Clinton Heylin's book (due November '18) is still focused on Blood On The Tracks only, so we don't really know the extent of the material he reviewed. According to bjorner.com there are at least more than eighty takes of the Blood On The Tracks songs (with many complete), without counting the demos and the Minnesota sessions.
Anyway, this bootleg series will probably be a giant box set in the likes of The Cutting Edge. I'll buy it no matter what they offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 27th, 2018, 12:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1617
BobDylan66 wrote:
slimtimslide wrote:
It is my understanding that an RTR/BOTT combined release is the most likely, and has been strongly hinted at much more recently than the strictly BOTT set mooted a couple of years ago. I think one reason for this is that some of the BOTT material known to exist seemed to be lost, or at least missing in action. I heard that this caused a great deal of anger, frustration, and head-scratching. I believe they have tried very hard to track down whatever was missing - if they haven't succeeded they may not want to do an 'incomplete' release based solely on that record... a shame.

Admittedly my source for this info is sometimes thought to be overzealous in their analysis of a situation, but they do seem to have some inside knowledge - I heard about the missing session(s) over a year ago.


If what you're saying is true, this would be a terrible loss for us all. I hope they found all the BOTT sessions in existence though, especially since they hinted at early demos with only Bob and his guitar a year or two ago.
I guess they decided to include the RTR material since it was the logical way to do it and another stand-alone RTR bootleg series would be useless from a selling point of view. Also there was the possibility of a documentary about the period (don't remember if it was Scarlet Rivera or Ronee Blakley who talked about it in a recent interview and indicated Scorsese could be at the helm).

Clinton Heylin's book (due November '18) is still focused on Blood On The Tracks only, so we don't really know the extent of the material he reviewed. According to bjorner.com there are at least more than eighty takes of the Blood On The Tracks songs (with many complete), without counting the demos and the Minnesota sessions.
Anyway, this bootleg series will probably be a giant box set in the likes of The Cutting Edge. I'll buy it no matter what they offer.


New Heylin book? Any more info on that?

Eighty BOTT takes... Does smell like another Cutting Edge fiasco/win (depending on your level of completism (sic)). I might wanna hear it once or twice, but pay, what, probably $600 (if the priced continue to raise) to hear the 14 takes they didnt like, not so sure.
(I was sure I wanted to hear the 14 takes they didnt like for the 66 stuff, but now that I have it, I'm on the fence).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 27th, 2018, 14:09 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon June 30th, 2014, 16:37 GMT
Posts: 468
Don't remember where, but I think it was an amazon link for a book about the bootleg series volume 14 on Blood On The Tracks for November 4th 2018. But I might have mistaken it for BS 13.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 27th, 2018, 14:39 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1617
BobDylan66 wrote:
Don't remember where, but I think it was an amazon link for a book about the bootleg series volume 14 on Blood On The Tracks for November 4th 2018. But I might have mistaken it for BS 13.


Hmm... no 4th nov 2018 anything. Trouble in Mind nov 28 2017...Was it .com or .co.uk?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed March 28th, 2018, 05:46 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 10th, 2009, 06:51 GMT
Posts: 2103
Well, Clinton's usual publishers (Route) do not have anything new and upcoming from him on their site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed March 28th, 2018, 06:45 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2007, 20:48 GMT
Posts: 10076
Location: Norway
Didn't someone say in an interview the RTR/BOTT bootleg was finished and ready to go at any time?
It just got kicked back because of the Gospel boot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2018, 05:50 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon August 8th, 2011, 09:39 GMT
Posts: 2304
Location: Between Lincoln County Road and Armageddon
SirDogg wrote:
Didn't someone say in an interview the RTR/BOTT bootleg was finished and ready to go at any time?
It just got kicked back because of the Gospel boot.


That's interesting. What could have been the reasoning for such a move? I mean, if the BOTT collection was ready to be released, why did the Gospel project suddenly get priority?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2018, 05:53 GMT 

Joined: Tue January 6th, 2015, 15:03 GMT
Posts: 667
Just think. One of these releases will be the last one, and there won't be any more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2018, 06:51 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 2287
Location: Ireland
WrittenInMySoul wrote:
SirDogg wrote:
Didn't someone say in an interview the RTR/BOTT bootleg was finished and ready to go at any time?
It just got kicked back because of the Gospel boot.


That's interesting. What could have been the reasoning for such a move? I mean, if the BOTT collection was ready to be released, why did the Gospel project suddenly get priority?


Personal intervention by Dylan?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2018, 13:31 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon March 16th, 2009, 10:46 GMT
Posts: 1309
Location: London
mjmooney wrote:
Just think. One of these releases will be the last one, and there won't be any more.

I think bootleg releases may well continue for the next 12 or more years.
Just think of the NET for instance.. There seems to be enough both on the
side of supply and demand.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri March 30th, 2018, 22:49 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 23409
WrittenInMySoul wrote:
SirDogg wrote:
Didn't someone say in an interview the RTR/BOTT bootleg was finished and ready to go at any time?
It just got kicked back because of the Gospel boot.


That's interesting. What could have been the reasoning for such a move? I mean, if the BOTT collection was ready to be released, why did the Gospel project suddenly get priority?


Actually, the Blood Box was ready before the Basement Tapes, which took priority to be released simultaneously with the New Basement Tapes project (which didn’t really pan out the way they hoped).

BOTT has been re-shelved & re-prioritized for years. Note the month & date of this Rolling Stone article:

Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series Eyeing 'Blood on the Tracks' Next
A documentary about the Rolling Thunder Revue is also in the works


By Andy Greene - January 23, 2014
The deluxe edition of Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration won't hit stores until March 4th, but Dylan's team is already thinking about their next archival release. "We don't know exactly what the next Bootleg Series is going to be," says a source close to the Dylan camp. "There's a couple of things on our minds, but the natural next one is Blood on the Tracks."


Read the rest of the article here:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news ... t-20140123


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat March 31st, 2018, 00:32 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri February 10th, 2006, 12:23 GMT
Posts: 2459
There was a Blood on the tracks outake released ages ago for some reason Ive got "Meet me in the morning" in my head which actually said it was from Bootleg series 11 and then the idea was postponed because Basement Tapes was released. I think Basement Tapes was released ahead of Blood on the tracks at the time was because you had T Bones New Basement Tapes project .. the band he put together with Taylor Goldsmith, Rhiannon Giddens, and Elvis Costello which saw unrecorded Basement Tape songs put to music and a documentary of the project. I can see the sense of Basement Tapes being released the same time as this bands project.

As well as delaying Blood though, it seems it delayed Bobs own music though because love it or hate it Bobs own shadows in the night was nearly a year old before it actually got released.

I believe the Meet me in the morning was a b side of a record day store release


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat March 31st, 2018, 00:40 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 23409
Yes, yes & yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat March 31st, 2018, 07:47 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 2287
Location: Ireland
Desolation Row wrote:
There was a Blood on the tracks outake released ages ago for some reason Ive got "Meet me in the morning" in my head which actually said it was from Bootleg series 11 and then the idea was postponed because Basement Tapes was released. I think Basement Tapes was released ahead of Blood on the tracks at the time was because you had T Bones New Basement Tapes project .. the band he put together with Taylor Goldsmith, Rhiannon Giddens, and Elvis Costello which saw unrecorded Basement Tape songs put to music and a documentary of the project. I can see the sense of Basement Tapes being released the same time as this bands project.

As well as delaying Blood though, it seems it delayed Bobs own music though because love it or hate it Bobs own shadows in the night was nearly a year old before it actually got released.

I believe the Meet me in the morning was a b side of a record day store release


Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I hear a story at the time about Garth Hudson having some financial difficulties, which would have been alleviated by his share in the royalties of the Basements release?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat March 31st, 2018, 07:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri February 10th, 2006, 12:23 GMT
Posts: 2459
To be honest Im not sure... whatever the reason the Blood on the tracks Bootleg was ready to go three volumes ago, maybe the film was delayed or even the Scorese film was a more recent idea than we think and they decided to delay this so it came out with his film abut the Rolling Thunder Revue?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed April 18th, 2018, 00:31 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 23409
Mickvet wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I hear a story at the time about Garth Hudson having some financial difficulties, which would have been alleviated by his share in the royalties of the Basements release?

Is there a link to that story Mick?
Very cool, if true.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed April 18th, 2018, 19:31 GMT 

Joined: Wed May 18th, 2011, 19:28 GMT
Posts: 954
Any news yet on what's on the B-side of the Masters of War 7"? Could provide a clue to what's in store.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 06:42 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat April 3rd, 2010, 17:44 GMT
Posts: 1712
20yearsofschooling wrote:
Any news yet on what's on the B-side of the Masters of War 7"? Could provide a clue to what's in store.

If you're on about the RSD release there is absolutely no info on a possible B-side, I'm thinking maybe it's just a single sided release? Going back to the subject matter I don't know what's caused people to think that BS 14 will feature stuff from the Rolling Thunder Review? Surely that was covered already in depth by The Bootleg Series Vol 8 which was sub-titled 'The Rolling Thunder Review'. I know it's not the best collection they could have released but I wouldn't have thought they would have released more of the same. If BS14 is to be based around Blood On The Tracks then I would have personally have thought that outtakes, the recordings that make up the New York Sessions and some recordings of the tour he did in 1974 with The Band would fit better - anything from and including Planet Waves to the completion of the released album of Blood On The Tracks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 07:51 GMT 

Joined: Thu January 25th, 2018, 08:03 GMT
Posts: 235
Location: Japan
dvdunplugged wrote:
20yearsofschooling wrote:
Any news yet on what's on the B-side of the Masters of War 7"? Could provide a clue to what's in store.

If you're on about the RSD release there is absolutely no info on a possible B-side, I'm thinking maybe it's just a single sided release? Going back to the subject matter I don't know what's caused people to think that BS 14 will feature stuff from the Rolling Thunder Review? Surely that was covered already in depth by The Bootleg Series Vol 8 which was sub-titled 'The Rolling Thunder Review'. I know it's not the best collection they could have released but I wouldn't have thought they would have released more of the same. If BS14 is to be based around Blood On The Tracks then I would have personally have thought that outtakes, the recordings that make up the New York Sessions and some recordings of the tour he did in 1974 with The Band would fit better - anything from and including Planet Waves to the completion of the released album of Blood On The Tracks.



In a way right, but there's nothing to stop them doing a RTR dump like Live 1966. A set of all the live material they have for a reasonable price.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 34  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group