Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat November 17th, 2018, 07:21 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri August 23rd, 2013, 14:00 GMT 
Titanium Member

i think they are preparing a sociological essay with a variety of theories on me and experiments, dylanolgical me. :roll:
the download is easy, you go to utorrent and download, its a small file takes 5 min once that is done you go to the renaldo torrent, and click the box that says download torrent.
since its a video itll take longer to fully download but once its done all you gotta do is go to the dowloads file open up the file and watch. :shock: i think harry dean stanton is on that. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat August 24th, 2013, 00:53 GMT 

i watched the second half on youtube, it struck me as a really sad movie- maybe i should watch the first half sometime, or watch the second half again... i thought it was interesting, but sad

PostPosted: Sat August 24th, 2013, 01:19 GMT 
Titanium Member

having The Hawk as Bob was masterful casting. :o

PostPosted: Sat August 24th, 2013, 01:38 GMT 

i noticed a lot of things i guess, but i really noticed the violin, it was really great in those songs

PostPosted: Sun August 25th, 2013, 21:46 GMT 

IT WORKED! :shock: :D Image

I just want to let the world know that I did download the torrent thingy and the movie file and managed to actually watch it! Well I have not watched it entirely yet, but it is feasible and worked more than once. :lol:

thanks, Goombay!

PostPosted: Sun August 25th, 2013, 22:23 GMT 
Titanium Member

you should download VLC its free and plays all types of files. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun August 25th, 2013, 22:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

bottle of bread wrote:
Conspiracy theory -

Perhaps the reason why R&C has not seen proper distribution on DVD
is because Sara blocked it after their divorce.
Maybe she didn't like how she was portrayed or how she acted in it.
In a very cryptic way, it's the visual depiction of a marriage unraveling.

Discuss. :wink:

I don't think so, unless she also blocked Eat The Document and Hard Rain. I do wonder if this new copy leaked out because they were preparing it for a possible release, it's certainly odd for such a good version to turn up after all these years.

I enjoy it everytime I watch it, but I never manage it in one sitting, and I'm never in much of a hurry to watch it again. It's a very difficult film.

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
You need to know "Les Enfants du Paradis/Children Of Paradise" in order to fully understand what "Renaldo And Clara" is all about.

R&C makes that look like the latest popcorn thriller.

PostPosted: Sun August 25th, 2013, 22:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

Renaldo and Clara was broadcast on tv a couple of times back in the day. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon August 26th, 2013, 00:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

I don't believe there's any legal embargo on screening "Renaldo & Clara." Once a film has had a legal release, it's hard to yank it back. It's also hard to see why she would even care. As people here have noted, it has screened within the past year coincidental to a show of his artwork in Europe - wasn't that showing in Milan? In the 1990s, I saw it screened in D.C., where the screening was advertised in The Washington Post. I imagine there is no major theatrical or official dvd release because Dylan doesn't feel like being lambasted on a large scale again. Why would he bring a repeat of that on himself? It's difficult to see "R&C" the same way it's hard to see "Eat The Document." He owns the rights to both and is basically suppressing them himself because they were branded artistic failures (or probably, in the case of "Eat the Document", embarrassing).

PostPosted: Mon August 26th, 2013, 00:48 GMT 
Titanium Member

:roll:

im sure it will be part of a box set sometime. its not the type of movie that will break box office records, but its perfect for a box set, with commentary by the peeps in it.

the sountrack by itself, with material such as Jesus Met the Woman at the Well will a boon for the Bob connesieur.

PostPosted: Sun March 22nd, 2015, 06:59 GMT 

Hi everyone, looks like I'm very late here. Is there any chance someone could upload the JTT good quality version of this again? Been hoping to see the movie in better quality for years and years.

Thanks very much, appreciate it a lot. :)

PostPosted: Fri April 24th, 2015, 05:15 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Every Mind-Polluting Word interview collection PDF. It used to be around here.

Thanks! Never knew this existed :D

PostPosted: Fri April 24th, 2015, 09:37 GMT 

jc33 wrote:
Hi everyone, looks like I'm very late here. Is there any chance someone could upload the JTT good quality version of this again? Been hoping to see the movie in better quality for years and years.

Thanks very much, appreciate it a lot. :)

http://tangledupintorrents.com/details.php?id=4039

PostPosted: Fri April 24th, 2015, 16:30 GMT 

The Only Version I've ever seen is the 3 Hours and 44 Minutes version...

What's in the 4 Hour Cut that's missing in the 3:44?

Has this been detailed/broken down somewhere?

PostPosted: Fri April 24th, 2015, 18:24 GMT 

Illy Dylan wrote:
The Only Version I've ever seen is the 3 Hours and 44 Minutes version...

What's in the 4 Hour Cut that's missing in the 3:44?

Has this been detailed/broken down somewhere?

It would be my guess they are one and the same - just people rounding up to nearest hour. Could be wrong though, my interest in Renaldo and Clara is extremely minimal. Tried to get through it once, but it just has no redeeming qualities as film. No story, awful cinematography, frequently unintelligible but always meaningless dialogue. I wouldn't even call it 'pretentious' as others have, it's basically just 4 long hours of people screwing around with a video camera as though they've just discovered the thing.

PostPosted: Fri April 24th, 2015, 23:03 GMT 

This thread title contains one of the most egregious uses of multi-exclamatory punctuation in the history of mankind.

PostPosted: Fri April 24th, 2015, 23:51 GMT 

Shalom & Erev tov...

It was 14 colour reels, 35 mm, 232 minutes (= 3 hours, 52 minutes). It was never exactly 240 minutes, and most descriptions 'round off' the time. The first 25 seconds of the reels-to-tape version for broadcast on European television have 'bad tracking'.

STEPHAN PICKERING / Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

PostPosted: Fri April 24th, 2015, 23:57 GMT 

i would really like to see this.
tangled up in torrents doesnt work for me. if someone could upload it somewhere else, i would really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat April 25th, 2015, 01:46 GMT 

camilla's house wrote:
i would really like to see this.
tangled up in torrents doesnt work for me. if someone could upload it somewhere else, i would really appreciate it.

It's on Dylantube if you're feeling masochistic. Not high quality though.

PostPosted: Fri July 3rd, 2015, 00:17 GMT 

I saw Renaldo & Clara four times at the Cinerama Theater on University Blvd in east San Diego, not far from San Diego State University when it opened in 1978. It was the four-hour version. It was one of a couple hundred theaters Dylan had four-walled through his distributor. Four-walled, that means he rented the theater. There were perhaps thirty people in attendance opening night, including my wife and I. The other nights, less. The last two screenings I went by myself. Truth is, I found Bob Neuwirth and David Blue really obnoxious. They take a viewer out of the spell Dylan is trying to weave us into. Of course, the concert footage was so exciting I wanted more of it, but I didn't start to "get" the film until the second night. The third night I loved it.

I'd seen Marcel Carne's Children of Paradise (France, 1945) by that time, but I didn't make the connection. It never occurred to me. Dylan gave a couple of interviews that year which I read, and pasted into a scrapbook I was keeping at the time, but he never mentioned Children of Paradise being an influence, that I can remember. Where does this information come from? My thanks to My Echo, My Shadow And Me for pointing out this very important fact. Of course, I can see the influence now. Now that I've been prompted I'll watch both films again.

I never saw the shortened "concert" version but I have it here. I understand it has more concert footage than the four-hour version. I'm going to watch that, too.

PostPosted: Fri July 3rd, 2015, 01:03 GMT 

Richard--W wrote:
I

I'd seen Marcel Carne's Children of Paradise (France, 1945) by that time, but I didn't make the connection. It never occurred to me. Dylan gave a couple of interviews that year which I read, and pasted into a scrapbook I was keeping at the time, but he never mentioned Children of Paradise being an influence, that I can remember. Where does this information come from? My thanks to My Echo, My Shadow And Me for pointing out this very important fact. Of course, I can see the influence now. Now that I've been prompted I'll watch both films again.

I never saw the shortened "concert" version but I have it here. I understand it has more concert footage than the four-hour version. I'm going to watch that, too.

Shalom & Boker tov...in Chapter 6 ('The seferotics of Renaldo & Clara') of my monograph-in-progress, I examine the film scene-by-scene, and of course, discuss the work of Marcel Carne...but it should be pointed to you that Bob/Shabtai talked of Les Enfants du Paradis at some length with Reb Allen Ginsberg, and, less so, with Sam Shepard. He first saw the film at the urging of Reb Norman Raeben in early 1974. The shorter print of Renaldo & Clara has the exact same footage that appeared in the original, masterful version.
Kol tuv/be well...Stephan
~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Fri July 3rd, 2015, 12:58 GMT 

This helpful scene-by-scene description of R&C was posted in rec.music.dylan a while ago -- http://www.litkicks.com/Films/RenaldoAndClara.html

PostPosted: Fri July 3rd, 2015, 16:07 GMT 

Shalom & Boker tov...show-and-tell does not serve source-critical analyses of Bob/Shabtai's poetics. While laudable, Marc Stein (1993) is incomplete and inaccurate, as are parts of Jonas Dergoth (1982, 1985). Sid Griffith (2010) is passably usable. Reb Allen Ginsberg was, in fact, going to attempt a virtually minute-by-minute synopsis, but, lacking encouragement, just stopped working on it.

PostPosted: Fri July 3rd, 2015, 16:29 GMT 

stephanpickering wrote:
Shalom & Boker tov...show-and-tell does not serve source-critical analyses of Bob/Shabtai's poetics. While laudable, Marc Stein (1993) is incomplete and inaccurate, as are parts of Jonas Dergoth (1982, 1985). Sid Griffith (2010) is passably usable. Reb Allen Ginsberg was, in fact, going to attempt a virtually minute-by-minute synopsis, but, lacking encouragement, just stopped working on it.

Or you could just watch and enjoy it.

PostPosted: Fri July 3rd, 2015, 19:46 GMT 

Les enfants du paradis/Children Of Paradise title screen (1945) and Rolling Thunder Revue logotype (1975). The font used for the Rolling Thunder Revue logotype is almost identical to the Children Of Paradise font(s).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next