Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat December 15th, 2018, 00:34 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun December 21st, 2008, 04:39 GMT 

I did. I was at some big party and there he was sitting in some folding chair holding a guitar and pointing at me. I came over to him and I said "you looked at me". He raised his eyebrows and smiled at me. It seems I touched his hair too and he didn't mind. ha. Then I woke up.

PostPosted: Sun December 21st, 2008, 05:49 GMT 

I'd be surprised if there's anyone on the forum who hasn't had at least one dream abotu Dylan. I've had dozens over the years. Quite often it's the same dream: Dylan is playing a small, informal gig for around a dozen or so people. I am one of those people.

PostPosted: Sun December 21st, 2008, 05:52 GMT 
Mercury Member

Played guitar with him at a public gig with him and Willie Nelson. We played in a big parking lot for free while everyone was in their cars. But that's it. I played really bad though... and he was kinda dissapointed in me.

PostPosted: Sun December 21st, 2008, 09:09 GMT 

Actually had one the other night! Don't remember the details, just that he and some tall woman (I'm rarely in my own dreams) were talking and doing stuff on a beach with a run-down old apartment building on it. I think hamster catching was involved.

PostPosted: Sun December 21st, 2008, 13:02 GMT 

Last week. I dreamt I was playing basketball with him. Then upon meeting him at a later date, he did not remember me.....

PostPosted: Sun December 21st, 2008, 14:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

Strangest one was a dream in which I was James Bond in a remake of "Dr. No." Dylan played CIA agent Felix Leiter (played by Jack Lord in the original movie), Claudette was in the Ursula Andress part and Albert Grossman played Dr. No.

There was a musical sequence in which Felix sand "Sooner Or Later" and I killed Bobby Neuwirth in a bar fight.

Later we all ate humus and broiled conch at an island restaurant. Claudette kept saying "Hey, Felix... my eyes are up here bud."

What do you make of this? Traditional Jungian dream theory suggests that it all means I harbor a secret desire to be a professional cliff diver, but I'm not buying it.

PostPosted: Mon January 5th, 2015, 15:23 GMT 

music_girl wrote:
I did. I was at some big party and there he was sitting in some folding chair holding a guitar and pointing at me. I came over to him and I said "you looked at me". He raised his eyebrows and smiled at me. It seems I touched his hair too and he didn't mind. ha. Then I woke up.

I like that one, because It could go somewhere. :)

rimbaud wrote:
I'd be surprised if there's anyone on the forum who hasn't had at least one dream abotu Dylan. I've had dozens over the years. Quite often it's the same dream: Dylan is playing a small, informal gig for around a dozen or so people. I am one of those people.

Wouldn't that have been interesting if you turned out to be the lucky Swedish fan from the Philadelphia Concert For One?? Maybe you are him!

I had a good one the night before last:

He was working in a stained glass gallery, but he was making items from leather which he had painted, and everyone was buying his creations. He was wearing a metal mask thing like the welding ones, so no one knew who he was. They just liked his leather items. I found a leather skirt on a rack that had his initials on the inside hem, stylized, like a secret, and he said it wasn't for sale, but when I bought a stained glass charm, he wrapped the skirt for me and put it in the bag too, with a wink. A very nice Dream!

PostPosted: Tue January 6th, 2015, 18:58 GMT 
Titanium Member

I dreamt once that I was sleeping with all 3 women from Bananarama, at the same time!!!!

PostPosted: Tue January 6th, 2015, 20:36 GMT 
Mercury Member

Bananarama dramas in your pyjamas! Though as we all know some Bananas were replaced and there were in fact 5 Banarama ladies in total, making for yet more potential pyjama drama... keep us posted, I'm feeling all funny inside :shock:

PostPosted: Wed January 7th, 2015, 01:22 GMT 
Titanium Member

I've had 2 that I recall, and as best as my memory serves they went something like this.

1. I ran into him at a Gas Station somewhere, and told him what a fan I was and that I had all of his albums and all that, and he said "Thanks" and gave me a demo tape of some new stuff he had been working on in the studio saying "This is what we've been working on, we got other copies and I was just listening to it in the car to see how it sounded, but here you can have it".

The dream ended as I put the tape in and started playing it and I couldn't wait to hear it.

I remember when I woke up I was totally bummed that I didn't actually have that tape to play :lol:

2. It was a dream of just random craziness happening, and Bob came floating by on a river raft like Huckleberry Finn singing a song I'd never heard called "Who's Bleeding Now" or something like that, and I remembered the song sounded marvelous. The dream ended as I kept trying to listen to the song and he kept just floating further and further away from me down the river off into the distance. I just waved at him as he floated by, but I heard him play almost the whole song as he was passing by.

PostPosted: Wed January 7th, 2015, 08:28 GMT 
Titanium Member

The most prominent one in my mind was about three months ago or so, and it consisted of Bob playing some kind of outdoor festival in my hometown and it was on a stage outside of one of the bars here (can only hold about 100 people) and the only people there were drunk people that weren't really paying attention and I remember being so confused as to why everybody was treating him as if he was only some kind of local talent. I remember he played a solo acoustic version of Robert Johnson's "Stop Breaking Down" and then I woke up just as he finished and I started to clap.

The other one was only about two weeks ago and it took place at the Dylan concert in Chicago that I went to (first night) and somebody yelled "WALK THE LINE!!" at the beginning of the encore, and the band actually played it! Dylan seemed pissed (because the band seemed to play it without Bob knowing they were going to) and didn't sing, so Tony stepped up to the mic for the vocals and Dylan just sort of plodded along on the piano. After that, they rushed into Humming Bird, and the woman sitting in front of me looked back and said "What a throwback!"

PostPosted: Thu January 8th, 2015, 16:44 GMT 
Titanium Member

nice ones, Nightingale!

I just had one recently that involved driving with a fan who was going to see him for the first time.
She enjoyed the show, but said next time she really wanted to see him 'live'
perplexed, I thought that's what we had just done, and on behalf of Bob, I felt sorry she was disappointed.
my compulsions to make some logic out of the situation in the dream allowed me to conclude that she meant 'outside' when she said 'live.' maybe she knew there was an inside and an outside setlist.

in other news, that makes like 4 out of 4 for having a Dylan concert take place in a dream without having actually heard or witnessed any music taking place.

PostPosted: Thu July 28th, 2016, 17:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

It's been well over a year but I finally had another Dylan dream last night.

Bob was touring the US this fall before Octoberfest and I went to the first concert, which was in some outdoor venue. For some reason there were only about 70-80 people there, so we were all pretty much right there at the front of the stage. The first song they did was Rainy Day Women, and I quickly got on ER to report that the setlist was finally changing and I was surprised to find that dozens of people had reported the first song to be Watching The River Flow. I was confused that I could mix up those two songs, and the song ended and Bob walked over to Tony and they started talking about something and they never stopped. They talked for about twenty minutes without ever telling the audience what was going on and the rest of the band came up and huddled around to join in. It wasn't serious talk, it was like they were just passing the time (Charlie would say something and Tony would start laughing and it was really casual looking). The crowd was getting restless and somebody in the audience pulled out his guitar and started playing his own songs, and the whole crowd turned around to watch him, and it must have pissed Bob off because when we turned back around he was gone, as was his band, equipment, everything. Just a blank stage.

PostPosted: Thu July 28th, 2016, 17:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

I dream about Bob occasionally. One time I dreamed he was the grandfather in the movie adaptation of the young adult novel The War with Grandpa. I don't know if you've read it but it's about a child who fights with his grandfather after the old man takes over his territory at home. I haven't read it since I was a kid, but there it was in a dream.

Another was, I was out to dinner after a Bob show with my grandmother and he made the moves on her and they got married in a Golden Girls fashion.

PostPosted: Thu July 28th, 2016, 18:09 GMT 

Have to say, one of the most disturbing, vivid dreams I ever had featured him:

He was playing a vast show in a city square which was filled with statues of various figures, as well as Graeco-Roman type columns. The sky was like sepia-toned, brownish, overcast.

Anyway, he was playing his songs, but they sounded really weird, with all the wrong lyrics: I remember specifically Mississippi not sounding right. He was performing in that hoodie, with it closed around his face.

He suddenly pulled out a gun and started massacring people with a hail of bullets - I remember vividly the sound of the shots being fired - I hid behind one of the statues and was getting hit by the bullets, but they were sorted of scraping past me, kind of stinging me but I wasn't dying, unlike the others around me.

I can't remember much more - but it was the feeling of impending doom before the massacre that was the issue: I felt something was wrong, but couldn't figure out what.

Really damn weird.

PostPosted: Thu July 28th, 2016, 18:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

:idea:

I think you fear asking Bob for an autograph, only to be rudely declined.

The extreme nature of your dream, is a manifestation of the hurt you would undoubtedly feel.

PostPosted: Thu July 28th, 2016, 20:06 GMT 

I had this one a while ago.

It was like we were going to school together but I was young and he was the old man he is today. We were sitting down in the school desks and we had a jam session and sang Quinn the Eskimo.

Changed my life.

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 06:53 GMT 

They say you should always follow your dreams, so I await the day soon when I will fly around in my cyborg suit fighting zombies by day and performing killer rock shows and making sweet love to Scarlet Johannson by night.

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 07:17 GMT 

There was me and Dylan sitting at a bar and Bobby says, "Jeez, Johnny man- I wish I could write songs as

good as yours"! And I say, "in your dreams, Bobby" .

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 12:22 GMT 

Dream on......

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 12:30 GMT 

Well I was joking...

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 16:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

I have a recurring dream of having tickets for a show, it could be a Dylan gig, but I can't find the theater.

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 16:58 GMT 

I once had one of a new album from him, with him in the cover in a black & white photo and it was titled "The title's always been untitled" :roll: It should be around 1998 or 1999.

More recently I remember having dreamt being at a gig where there was some problem and he stopped to come back by surprise catching everyone distracted and away, but managed to be really close to the stage.

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 21:30 GMT 

slimtimslide wrote:
Bananarama dramas in your pyjamas! Though as we all know some Bananas were replaced and there were in fact 5 Banarama ladies in total, making for yet more potential pyjama drama... keep us posted, I'm feeling all funny inside :shock:

Had Bananarama dreams back in the eighties. Obviously after all this time I can't remember the details, but i sort of recall the general theme .

Last edited by cohenadmirer on Fri July 29th, 2016, 21:38 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri July 29th, 2016, 21:34 GMT 

I'm working on having regular lucid dreams of being at imaginary Dylan concerts with stunning performances and setlists.
Not achieved it yet , but i can have very 'musical' dreams so maybe i am getting closer.