Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri August 17th, 2018, 11:38 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon July 30th, 2018, 06:01 GMT 

Perhaps this has been covered before...

But I was admiring the cover of the Clash's Combat Rock yesterday... and the nice choice of placing the band in the lower third... with some nice "space" above them.

Well, I'd never really *looked* at the "space" before.

I knew they were on train tracks. Sure. But lots of albums have train tracks.

But *these* tracks are framed in a *very* familiar way. I looked up at my my wall -- to a Drawn Blank Tracks Tracks. "NO WAY", I thought. "DID HE...?!"

Maybe it's a coincidence... But we know he paints from photos. And we know he knew Joe Strummer -- even played London Calling once in '03...

Who knows?!

But it sure made *me* smile.

PostPosted: Wed August 1st, 2018, 14:55 GMT 

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. Someone (perhaps Scott) could certainly correct me, but I think that the general view is that the Drawn Blank images were not produced from photos, movie stills, etc. That being said, I am not sure if anyone has tried to pinpoint where exactly the Train Tracks image appears in the real world. I remember someone attempting a connection with Motel Pool to an actual motel pool at one point.

Does anyone else know about efforts to match Drawn Blank images with actual locations, similar to what we have with the Beaten Path matching to locations, photos, and movie frames?....grave