Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun May 26th, 2019, 11:52 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun February 17th, 2019, 20:30 GMT 

Good evening,

I’ve found myself in a position where I need to liquidate some assets and regretfully, my Bob Dylan print needs to go. As this has had pride of place on my office wall since 2008 it’s important to know that it will go to another home that cherishes it as much as it has been here. Which is why I’m posting the message here.

'Train Tracks' is a signed and framed limited edition, medium-sized giclee on paper of 295. This is the 'Green' edition, produced June 2008, which has been sold out for a number of years and is highly sought after.

========
Guide Price (http://www.castlegalleries.com/art/trai ... edium-2008):
- May 2017 £25,350
- August 2016: £20,350
========

Giclee On Paper
Image Size: 56cm x 76cm (22in x 30in) approx
Framed Size 88cm x 111cm (34.6in x 43.7in) approx
Edition size 295
Edition 289/295
Signed by Bob Dylan on front of print and on certificate of authenticity

The artwork is currently in Newcastle upon Tyne, but international shipping can be arranged.

All offers will be considered

Having some technical issues adding images right now but will upload some shortly

PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2019, 10:13 GMT 

Images as promised

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed February 20th, 2019, 20:10 GMT 

I'm sorry to hear that you need to get rid of the Dylan image. You are definitely right that the Train Tracks image (from the various years) has been the most popular. I just looked to see what valuations I had; I have the March 2016 pdf., and it shows the 20,350 framed, as your August 2016 valuation states. Given that some of the other medium format images from that release were at 7850 in March 2016 (perhaps a bit higher today), it is clear that Train Tracks has justified a more rapid increase in valuation over the years. Do you recall if the Train Tracks image was more expensive at the time of initial release? I'm guessing the medium images were around 2500 framed at that time, but I could be wrong.

It is also interesting to see that your particular piece (2008) has been given a much higher valuation than other Train Tracks images, even the medium images from 2012 and the large image from 2013. I know that the 2008 piece is a few years older, but it seems that Castle has increased its valuation more rapidly than even other Train Tracks images.

I haven't looked on ebay yet, but I'm guessing that you have the print listed there as well. I have always been told that ebay is the place to begin with these sorts of transactions, even if the ultimate purchase is made more privately between parties. You may also want to see what some of the galleries around England would give you for the print; I mentioned it to my contact at Castle (it looks like their website says that this image is currently in stock), but there are other galleries through the years that have worked with Dylan's art.

For me personally, I cannot afford to pay the huge valuation increase for this particular image. I always worried that I had missed the boat with Train Tracks, as I did not start collecting Dylan's art until after most of the Train Tracks images had been released. Fortunately, I was able to purchase the 2018 Train Tracks portfolio, and I absolutely love having those four works.

Please let us know how your effort to sell the image turns out; I remember an auction of about 20 prints a few years ago, and the Train Tracks image from the collection easily brought in the highest bids, so I would be interested to hear how the process works for you. Wishing you the best....grave

PostPosted: Thu February 21st, 2019, 21:34 GMT 

Thanks grave!

It's hard for me to understand exactly why this particular version of Train Tracks was valued so much higher, I thought maybe some of you more hardcore fans might have insights.

The piece is available on eBay with a reserve price but serious offers from real fans here would be considered, irrespective of that eBay reserve price.

PostPosted: Fri February 22nd, 2019, 12:41 GMT 

I always liked Traintracks and like grave, I missed the boat as well and would liked to have purchased one back in 2008. It was not to be, I invested in moab 2016 and still recovering from it financially but enjoying it all the same.

moab