Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun December 9th, 2018, 23:31 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun September 23rd, 2018, 01:30 GMT 

Curious what your thoughts are if you have tickets for the shows this fall. Are you going on setlist blackout, not following any reviews or news?

If I went to shows this summer not knowing I'd hear Masterpiece and Gotta Serve Somebody, let alone the new arrangement of Don't Think Twice, I'd probably be in heaven by now.

And of course I also like to hear from the cynical, worn-out fans who still manage to drag themselves to shows. Your dedication is commendable! Drink deep.

xo

PostPosted: Sun September 23rd, 2018, 16:12 GMT 

I didn't get tickets this fall, but wanted to due to the given performances since the fall 2017 tour. Ultimately the reason I didn't get tickets is the prices have risen so dam much (especially since Nobel), and I have a 3yo daughter and no family or trust worthy friends that I'd have watch her. ... At this point I'm also coming to the realization that the next time I see him will most likely be my last.

I started listening to Bob in my mid to late teens ... around 96 area, and have seen him like 30 times. Back in the late 90's on through 2007-09 area going to a Bob show for me was about seeing a great show unlike any other and also a vacation type destination. Playing in somewhat obscure places like Cooperstown or Fishkill NY, Augusta Maine etc for me became a reason to visit those places and have it centered around an event (his concert). ... That was before having family, mortgage, careers and all the other stuff people before me created making up what we call, regular life. ... Maybe even more importantly, it was also a time where tickets were around $30 a piece, so setting up a vacation type deal around a Bob show also allowed room to do all the other things a vacation trip entails.

All in all for myself, I'd still see Bob yearly if location, time & finances allowed it to be possible. I find him to be a dynamic performer and the circus type atmosphere provided at his shows is flat out fascinating to me. ... Always a wide variety of people & emotions... it's like nothing else I can even think of. ... Bob's one of a kind and so are his concerts.
.... Man, I really miss going. Haven't seen one since 2013 which is by far the longest stretch since I first went in '97.

PostPosted: Mon September 24th, 2018, 11:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

twomules wrote:
And of course I also like to hear from the cynical, worn-out fans who still manage to drag themselves to shows. Your dedication is commendable!

Cynical?
Worn-out?
Drag?
Dedication?
What about simply just doing what one likes to do?

PostPosted: Mon September 24th, 2018, 12:58 GMT 

Well, people not following any reviews or news would most likely not be seeing this question on this site. ... Whatever though. ... It's always confused me through the years .... The people that go & usually walk out due to being shocked by the sound. It's all like - It takes two fuggin' seconds to type "Bob Dylan" & then the given year on YouTube at some point during the time of deciding to purchase the tickets and attend the show. ... Seems like these people still attend and still leave (don't even clap .. I've always called those people - the angry non-clappers). ... Part of the circus type fun for me. .... But, if one is wishing to hear from those folks they ain't hERe. That's for sure. ... They're out there though .... In seemingly never ending numbers as well.

PostPosted: Tue September 25th, 2018, 16:16 GMT 

I stopped checking the setlists on tours I have tickets to when the static sets started. My favorite part of the pre-2013 shows was trying to figure out what song they were playing as quickly as I could. I loved the suspense of what song was coming next.

Not checking the sets is the only way to try to recreate that, although usually it's only a couple of songs that I wasn't expecting.