Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon September 24th, 2018, 21:25 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri April 13th, 2018, 23:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Eine lebende Legende rockt den KönigPALAST!

19 April 2018
Thursday

Krefeld, Germany
KönigPALAST

Showtime: 8:00 pm
Capacity: 8,109

This is the 20th show of the 2018 Never Ending Tour

Previous 2018 shows:
19 Europe Spring
----
19 Total 2018

---
Karten für Konzert von Bob Dylan im Krefeld

Er ist der einzige Rockstar, der mit dem Literatur-Nobelpreis ausgezeichnet wurde. Völlig zurecht, befand das US-Nachrichtenmagazin Newsweek damals und schrieb, Dylan sei für die Popmusik das, was Einstein für die Physik bedeute. Der 76-Jährige ist einer der wichtigsten Wegbereiter der Musik. Am Donnerstag, 19. April, tritt der Musiker im König-Palast auf.

Für das Konzert verlosen wir dreimal zwei Eintrittskarten unter allen, die heute zwischen 11 und 11.15 Uhr anrufen unter Telefon...

http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/kre ... -1.7504236

As web-translated:

Tickets for Concert by Bob Dylan in Krefeld

He is the only rock star awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Completely cope, said the US news magazine Newsweek back then and wrote that Dylan was for pop music what Einstein meant for physics. The 76-year-old is one of the most important pioneers of music. On Thursday, April 19, the musician performs in the King's Palace.

For the concert, we are giving away three tickets twice to all who call today between 11 and 11:15 am by phone ...

http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/kre ... -1.7504236

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 08:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

The search for the Düsseldorf Girl commences once again.
Best of luck Andy!

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 18:07 GMT 

Bob in Krefeld: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhwtP8GFFIT ... d=bobdylan

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 19:23 GMT 

tickets for Krefeld available right now at eventim – 80 minutes after the show began.
The venue must be pretty empty…

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 19:26 GMT 

It's strange. Krefeld is in a strategic position that should entice french fans as well.

slewan wrote:
tickets for Krefeld available right now at eventim – 80 minutes after the show began.

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 19:31 GMT 

rossella67 wrote:
It's strange. Krefeld is in a strategic position that should entice french fans as well.

not too surprising – Krefeld is just 25 kilometers away from Düsseldorf where Bob played last year and only a 2 hours ride away from Bielefeld where he's playing on Saturday and it's also a 2 hours ride away from Lingen (he's been there last year, too)
And don't forget: tickets aren't cheap, are they?

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 20:12 GMT 

Krefeld, Germany
KönigPALAST
April 19, 2018

1. Things Have Changed
2. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Simple Twist Of Fate
5. Duquesne Whistle
6. Melancholy Mood
7. Honest With Me
8. Tryin' To Get To Heaven
9. Come Rain Or Come Shine
10. Pay In Blood
11. Tangled Up In Blue
12. Early Roman Kings
13. Desolation Row
14. Love Sick
15. Autumn Leaves
16. Thunder On The Mountain
17. Soon After Midnight
18. Long and Wasted Years

(encore)
19. Blowin' In The Wind
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man

Thanks to Hermann Rechberger and Harald Hix for the emails.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 21:26 GMT 

slewan wrote:

I really don't get your hatred for Krefeld, but anyway. Venue not empty at all. Yes, some empty sections and seats, but overall more tickets sold than in Düsseldorf last year. Hope that answers your question.

Show was *zzzzZzzzz*.

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 21:53 GMT 

slewan wrote:

As far as I could see it wasn't empty at all.
For me the venue seemed nearly sold out, perhaps a few of the worst seats were still available. In front of me, behind me, besides me - no free seats.
The atmosphere in the arena was quite good, people were content, some enthusiastic.
Bob's voice was sometimes a little bit restrained, but when necessery powerful, perhaps sometimes a little bit coverd by the instruments, but this might have been more a problem of the sound in the venue than a problem of the mix.
My highlight was DESOLATION ROW (this time -thanks God- no scale up and down singing, no piano plonking).
The performances of SIMPLE TWIST. BLOWIN' IN THE WIND, THIN MAN, SOON AFTER MIDNIGHT convinced me too.
DON'T THINK TWICE is always good, if he performs the song excellent or only ordinary good.
LOVE SICK, LONG AND WASTED YEARS are great songs, I liked them again, but Bob and band played them more precise and more powerful in the last years.
HONEST, THUNDER and TANGLED were not my favorites this time.
The audience liked the "Sinatras" (for me they were ok too, although I prefer his own material or covers of other singer/songwriters). When they played the encores many stood thrilled in front of the stage.
I don't remember more, perhaps a tape of this show will help me to judge better.
All in all a good show. The sound could have been better sometimes.
As some others reported from other places: It was a little bit astonishing, that Bob and band needed some time, before they harmonized.

Although the show lacked of innvoation and although the setlist was nothing less than a surprise, it was as always in the last years: It was good to have been there.
(That doesn't mean that Bob shouldn't change the show concept as soon as possible.)

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 22:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thanks Hope, Fog, Bill, Herman...and of course, Harald!

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 23:12 GMT 

HopE wrote:
HONEST, THUNDER and TANGLED were not my favorites this time.
The audience liked the "Sinatras" (for me they were ok too, although I prefer his own material or covers of other singer/songwriters).

Dylan's singing was very strong throughout the show, the band as tight as ever. I thought Honest, Thunder and Tangled were some of the highlights of the show, because they were like new songs, completely rearranged. Dylan's vocals on the standards Melancholy Mood, Come Rain Or Come Shine and Autumn Leaves were exceptional. I love all five of the records of standards, so it is always great to hear the songs in concert and they always receive the care they deserve.

The hall looked like it was almost sold out.

PostPosted: Thu April 19th, 2018, 23:45 GMT 

It's been a great show! Song and dance man...but wait....Dylan's still the song man but the dance man is someone else...Tony Garnier! What fun it was to watch him play today (yesterday). He stepped out of his corner and stood in front of the drums (center stage) during most of the songs. So here a few thoughts:

For the first time Things Have Changed was not a good opener, I don't like the new arrangement. But with Don't Think Twice a great show began! Great singing and great piano playing from Bob (exceptions for the piano Things Have Changed and Love Sick).

Why did nobody mention the amazing new version of Simple Twist of Fate before? Or was it just me. Great playing by Charlie (who was not on spot all the time) and new lyrics. Something like "put your hand in mine" in the second or third verse.

Fun moment during the intro of Melancholy Mood. Bob went center stage and grabbed one of the two mics that were close to Stu and he went to the back but the crowd cheered, so he stepped forward to the center stage mic, "faked" singing and sang the whole song into the first mic but with his hands on the center stage mic. He sang all center stage songs that way.

There was a discussion between Tony, Bob and Charlie before Come Rain or Come Shine and Tony told Stu and George and Stu looked really angry and had to change guitars again. Guess this slot is a wild card...Another discussion before Love Sick.

Highlights: Simple Twist of Fate, Desolation Row, Thunder and an amazing Long and Wasted Years

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2018, 06:48 GMT 

EternalCircle1 wrote:
Highlights: Simple Twist of Fate, Desolation Row, Thunder and an amazing Long and Wasted Years

Highlights and low points are Forever changing but personally I've never been present at a Dylan concert and endured a below par Long and Wasted Years, it's always been a highlight for me!

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2018, 09:09 GMT 

i really enjoyed this one. the sound sucked though. you couldn't hear the cymbals at all from where i stood/sat (row 44) and the upright bass was a bit buried. still, i enjoyed this show a lot more than i thought it would. maybe i'll go see him again if the opportunity arises and tickets aren't too expensive. i don't think i'd pay above 50-70 for it, but the show as a whole was a really nice experience, even if Dylan definitely has had a lot of rough moments, as par for the course.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2018, 12:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

Love the ‘at-the-show’ observations Echo, Circle & Gwonam.
Hope, Fog, and everyone else!

So glad you and so many others were able to attend!
The variety of opinions adds to the vibrancy of the insights.

Where we observe from, what’s going on around us,
the pre-show happenings, our mood, our attitude at the time,
what we had for dinner, inhaled, drank, ingested or otherwise,
all uniquely influence our perception, thoughts and experience for each show.

This Europe Tour looks solid.
Great to find a show or three along the way!
Happy for y’all.

...and DVD, what you said regarding L&W, yes.

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2018, 15:37 GMT 

Thanks for the reports guys!

PostPosted: Fri April 20th, 2018, 15:54 GMT 

EternalCircle1 wrote:

There was a discussion between Tony, Bob and Charlie before Come Rain or Come Shine and Tony told Stu and George and Stu looked really angry and had to change guitars again. Guess this slot is a wild card...Another discussion before Love Sick.

Same thing happened in Leipzig and I read about it before earlier on the tour. Why don't they just put Come Rain... on their setlist in the first place then?!

PostPosted: Sat April 21st, 2018, 03:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

Or, better yet, take it off.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2018, 10:16 GMT 

Do any bootlegs of this show have surfaced yet?

I didn't like the fact that quite a lot people seemed not to know that the show will start on time at 8 pm and that there was no announcement on that matter. So during the first four or five songs it was very turbulent because of folks bringing in beer and bratwurst and searching their seats.

The show itself was good. Interesting new version of songs, some noisy rock'n'roll style, not too many boring Sinatra stuff. I especially liked Desolation Row and Thunder on the mountain.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2018, 10:55 GMT 

LarsR wrote:
Do any bootlegs of this show have surfaced yet?

I didn't like the fact that quite a lot people seemed not to know that the show will start on time at 8 pm and that there was no announcement on that matter. So during the first four or five songs it was very turbulent because of folks bringing in beer and bratwurst and searching their seats.

The show itself was good. Interesting new version of songs, some noisy rock'n'roll style, not too many boring Sinatra stuff. I especially liked Desolation Row and Thunder on the mountain.

There was a train accident on the route from Mönchengladbach to Krefeld at around 18:30 which stopped trains for quite a while. So for those coming from that direction it was nearly impossible to be at the venue on time.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2018, 15:39 GMT 

h.egbert wrote:
There was a train accident on the route from Mönchengladbach to Krefeld around 18:30 which stopped trains for quite a while. So for those coming from that direction it was nearly impossible to be at the venue on time.

What do you want to say:
A potential taper sat in that train and didn't arrive in time?
So we have to face the fact, that the Krefeld show wasn't taped?
In this case Krefeld's DESOLATION ROW has the chance to grow more and more and will be be the best DESOLATION ROW of this leg in my memory!

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2018, 20:22 GMT 

I only wanted to clarify why a lot of people arrived real late at the venue.
If I were a taper, which I‘m not, I would not rely on the Deutsche Bahn service. That no tape emerged worries me a bit. No Neu-Ulm tape either. The only known Bielefeld tape is incomplete and Baden-Baden did not emerge yet. Nürnberg is missing still.

Hey, that‘s großer Mist.

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2018, 21:46 GMT 

h.egbert wrote:
Hey, that‘s großer Mist.

That can you say loud...

PostPosted: Thu April 26th, 2018, 22:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

thinman2 wrote:
h.egbert wrote:
Hey, that‘s großer Mist.

That can you say loud...

Yeah, tell it & think it & speak it & breathe it!
( Maybe not breathe it )

PostPosted: Sun May 6th, 2018, 20:44 GMT 

Recording finally surfaces. WIll be exciting for me to see if that tape is as bad as I remember the show to be (and if I still think after listening that Bielefed was much better in every aspect).