Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed September 19th, 2018, 03:03 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun February 11th, 2018, 04:59 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 4th, 2013, 06:39 GMT
Posts: 6783
Location: in the mystic garden
^There's a strong chance one of those songs will be played...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun February 11th, 2018, 11:37 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22622
GirlsWon'tLeaveMeAlone wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Exponential Excitement!


"Ya try ta get away, they drag ya back by the heels."
- ERK, final Beacon


I would love if he played ERK, or Tempest, or Roll on John in Lisbon (yeahh! Maybe drop a few verses from Tempest, not for me, but for the ones who give out about it). Aside from that I will try to contain my excitment, there are only 39 days left to wait. :?


ERK is a powerhouse Set stalwart.
I wouldn’t count on Tempest or Roll On though.
C’mon Bob! Narrow Way, already!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon February 19th, 2018, 17:06 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun November 27th, 2005, 14:12 GMT
Posts: 1149
So looking forward to know what he's going to perform (and maybe hearing as well via video clips, 'cause I haven't been to a concert in a while-- and I ain't going nowhere except here. :wink: )

Highly unlikely, but "Life is Hard" and "Idiot Wind" would be "right on" for me, but then, life is stranger than fiction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed February 28th, 2018, 02:39 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22622
Less than a month now to see Things Have Changed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed February 28th, 2018, 16:53 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon March 8th, 2010, 17:40 GMT
Posts: 170
What I like about seeing the first show is that I really do not know what he will play.
He could change everything, he could throw in anything and until each song starts I will not have a clue. (and for some not even until he gets to the chorus).
Ask me to put money on it and I would be betting that the next song I will hear will be THC, but that little doubt is what makes it extra exciting.
And if it is the exactly the same set list as the last show that will still be a surprise.

First show of a tour is alway a winner!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed February 28th, 2018, 22:05 GMT 

Joined: Sun June 22nd, 2014, 19:26 GMT
Posts: 652
stevieblooz wrote:
What I like about seeing the first show is that I really do not know what he will play.
He could change everything, he could throw in anything and until each song starts I will not have a clue. (and for some not even until he gets to the chorus).
Ask me to put money on it and I would be betting that the next song I will hear will be THC, but that little doubt is what makes it extra exciting.
And if it is the exactly the same set list as the last show that will still be a surprise.

First show of a tour is alway a winner!


But wouldn't all this be true for every show? I agree that he chances for a shake-up *seem* to be slightly higher on a first night, but I also feel that dropping songs from the set that have appeared nightly for a long time is usually not done on the first night. That usually happens a few nights into a leg.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 1st, 2018, 02:57 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed November 29th, 2017, 04:04 GMT
Posts: 1315
Nightingale's Code wrote:
Cheers Barefoot! 50 days away!



Just 22 days to go. Yeahhh!

And there's a howling blizzard outside, and everyone is calling everybody else a liar on the news today, so the word means nothing anymore, and it was an epic journey to get home tonight, and everything is closed or cancelled for at least 2 days. We are in another 'storm lockdown'.

On the one hand I don't care what he does. 'Cos it will be MY holiday. He can stand on his head, refuse to sing, chant, belch, tell lies, fall asleep, mumble, grumble, jumble his words, show obnoxious lists of 'rock star instructions for fans' to the audience, do 'star jumps', go bare chested .....I probably still won't recognise any of the things he intends to say anyway.......

But it will be still be transcendent compared to all the sh1t I listened to coming out of the leaders of the World today. Sorry to anyone who thinks I am applying very low standards here.

But on the other hand I would be really happy to hear Tempest. The story suits the times. Hubris and disaster and what ifs. It's going to be dark in the Altice Arena that night anyway right? We won't be able to see a thing! Tempest is the perfect song for darkness.

I would be so happy to hear Blind Willie and Every Grain of Sand. I know they haven't been played for a long time, so chances are slim.

I think that those three songs stand out so much for their spiritual expression. Perfect for our times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 1st, 2018, 03:35 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 4th, 2013, 06:39 GMT
Posts: 6783
Location: in the mystic garden
^There's a chance for a Blind Willie McTell appearance, it was played just last summer!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 1st, 2018, 08:54 GMT 

Joined: Sun June 22nd, 2014, 19:26 GMT
Posts: 652
Nightingale's Code wrote:
^There's a chance for a Blind Willie McTell appearance, it was played just last summer!


Played just once at a shortened festival set last year. Last appeared in a regular indoor set in 2014 (also just once, as a leftover from the previous tour/setlist, dropped after the first gig). Last regular appearances date back to 2013. In other words: Not been played at regular shows since the introduction of the crooner stuff. I think you might need to recalculate the chances for that one?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 1st, 2018, 09:10 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 4th, 2013, 06:39 GMT
Posts: 6783
Location: in the mystic garden
8 performances since early 2014 is more than just about any other song not included as a component of The Set. I’d say that’s higher chances than most other surprise songs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 5th, 2018, 01:47 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed November 29th, 2017, 04:04 GMT
Posts: 1315
Nightingale's Code wrote:
8 performances since early 2014 is more than just about any other song not included as a component of The Set. I’d say that’s higher chances than most other surprise songs.



Awwwhhh, you make me happy with that information. Blind Willie- 8 times since 2014. Thank you!

18 days to go. Keep calm and be......I don't know what???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 12th, 2018, 02:50 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed November 29th, 2017, 04:04 GMT
Posts: 1315
11 days now. Listening to Modern Times now in preparation......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 12th, 2018, 04:11 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 17463
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
Handsomeinthefog wrote:
stevieblooz wrote:
What I like about seeing the first show is that I really do not know what he will play.
He could change everything, he could throw in anything and until each song starts I will not have a clue. (and for some not even until he gets to the chorus).
Ask me to put money on it and I would be betting that the next song I will hear will be THC, but that little doubt is what makes it extra exciting.
And if it is the exactly the same set list as the last show that will still be a surprise.

First show of a tour is alway a winner!


But wouldn't all this be true for every show? I agree that he chances for a shake-up *seem* to be slightly higher on a first night, but I also feel that dropping songs from the set that have appeared nightly for a long time is usually not done on the first night. That usually happens a few nights into a leg.


He does often start from a comfortable place and then start making changes...but other times not. Only a couple weeks now...another spring on the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 12th, 2018, 17:56 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22622
The last great Comfort Zone:

New York, New York
Beacon Theatre
November 25, 2017


1. Things Have Changed (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
2. It Ain't Me, Babe (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
3. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on piano, Donnie on lap steel)
4. Why Try To Change Me Now (Bob center stage, Donnie on pedal steel,
Tony on standup bass)
5. Summer Days (Bob on piano, Donnie on violin, Stu on acoustic guitar)
6. Melancholy Mood (Bob on center stage, Donnie on pedal steel,
Tony on standup bass)
7. Honest With Me (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
8. Tryin' To Get To Heaven (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
9. Once Upon A Time (Bob on center stage, Donnie on pedal steel,
Tony on standup bass)
10. Pay In Blood (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
11. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
12. Soon After Midnight (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
13. Early Roman Kings (Bob on piano, Donnie on lap steel, Stu on acoustic guitar,
Tony on standup bass)
14. Full Moon And Empty Arms (Bob center stage, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)
15. Desolation Row (Bob on piano, Donnie on electric mandolin, Tony on standup bass)
16. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on piano, Donnie on electric mandolin)
17. Autumn Leaves (Bob on center stage, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)
18. Love Sick (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)

(encore)
19. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob on piano, Donnie on violin, Stu on acoustic guitar,
Tony on standup bass)
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob on piano, Donnie on lap steel)



Band Members
Bob Dylan - piano
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar, maracas
Charlie Sexton on lead guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, banjo, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel



BobLinks.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 13th, 2018, 15:29 GMT 

Joined: Tue March 13th, 2018, 15:28 GMT
Posts: 1
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Spring Kickoff Show

22 March 2018
Thursday

Lisbon, Portugal
Altice Arena

Showtime: 9:00 pm
Capacity: 20,000


This is the 1st show of the 2018 Never Ending Tour


Unless, of course, other shows are added prior to this date

Previous 2018 shows:
00 Europe Spring
----
00 Total 2018


---
Bob Dylan – Live in Lisbon 2018
A Portuguese appearance from the music icon

Festicket

22 Marzo 2018 - Lisbona, Portogallo
Legendary performer, influential songwriter and Nobel Prize winner Bob Dylan stops off in Lisbon on 22 March, with his band in tow, for another live show.

The veteran's appearance in the Portuguese capital will come almost exactly a year after the release of his 38th studio album, and more than 55 years since he started out as a musician.

Having toured intensively for decades, Bob Dylan and his band have thousands of shows under their belt, and they bring a level of live experience to the city's Altice Arena that few in the music world can match.

https://www.festicket.com/it/festivals/ ... sbon/2018/



===

PURPOSE of the 'Live Set List' threads:
This is a spot to discuss & share your thoughts, perspectives & feelings surrounding the shows...
...before, during and after...whether you attend or not.
We especially love to hear the thoughts of those going, of those there, and of folks simply reflecting on whatever was.

As many of us know, it's not only about the Set List!
Most of us don't attend every show, in person. Yet we're interested. We go when we can.
We anticipate & relate to the energy of each other's experiences.
It's fun to hear about.

We love eyes in the field and feet on the ground. No pressure, no requirements. We understand.
Feel free to share your observations meilleur taux or post your links to any related text, audio, and video.
Whether you're there or wishing you were or wondering what the latest is, please comment!
And, above all, have some fun!



Let the chatter begin!

I wish I will be there :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 15th, 2018, 22:23 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu September 17th, 2015, 01:28 GMT
Posts: 793
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
The last great Comfort Zone:

New York, New York
Beacon Theatre
November 25, 2017


1. Things Have Changed (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
2. It Ain't Me, Babe (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
3. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on piano, Donnie on lap steel)
4. Why Try To Change Me Now (Bob center stage, Donnie on pedal steel,
Tony on standup bass)
5. Summer Days (Bob on piano, Donnie on violin, Stu on acoustic guitar)
6. Melancholy Mood (Bob on center stage, Donnie on pedal steel,
Tony on standup bass)
7. Honest With Me (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
8. Tryin' To Get To Heaven (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
9. Once Upon A Time (Bob on center stage, Donnie on pedal steel,
Tony on standup bass)
10. Pay In Blood (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
11. Tangled Up In Blue (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)
12. Soon After Midnight (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel, Stu on acoustic guitar)
13. Early Roman Kings (Bob on piano, Donnie on lap steel, Stu on acoustic guitar,
Tony on standup bass)
14. Full Moon And Empty Arms (Bob center stage, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)
15. Desolation Row (Bob on piano, Donnie on electric mandolin, Tony on standup bass)
16. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on piano, Donnie on electric mandolin)
17. Autumn Leaves (Bob on center stage, Donnie on pedal steel, Tony on standup bass)
18. Love Sick (Bob on piano, Donnie on pedal steel)

(encore)
19. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob on piano, Donnie on violin, Stu on acoustic guitar,
Tony on standup bass)
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob on piano, Donnie on lap steel)



Band Members
Bob Dylan - piano
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Stu Kimball - rhythm guitar, maracas
Charlie Sexton on lead guitar
Donnie Herron - violin, banjo, electric mandolin, pedal steel, lap steel



BobLinks.com

That's a pretty cool set list, looking back on it.

Makes me want to go back and re-listen — '17 was a good year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu March 15th, 2018, 23:00 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri April 14th, 2006, 18:43 GMT
Posts: 5572
oh man, I think the clock is slow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri March 16th, 2018, 00:04 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed November 29th, 2017, 04:04 GMT
Posts: 1315
bobschool wrote:
oh man, I think the clock is slow


:lol: :lol:

Seven nights to go now. Seems to be an interminable wait. I have been doing some homework though. Listened today to the last night of the Beacon theatre show of last November. That was a tasty one. And listening to Tempest, Modern times and some Gospel era songs as I go along. Seven nights.....yeah....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri March 16th, 2018, 00:21 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 4th, 2013, 06:39 GMT
Posts: 6783
Location: in the mystic garden
Time passes slowly...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat March 17th, 2018, 09:20 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22622
bobschool wrote:
oh man, I think the clock is slow

Ha ha!
Daylight’s getting longer though!
Won’t be long now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 19th, 2018, 03:48 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri April 14th, 2006, 18:43 GMT
Posts: 5572
:lol: GirlsWon'tLeaveMeAlone and Still Go Barefoot


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 19th, 2018, 09:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed August 25th, 2010, 19:06 GMT
Posts: 1806
Last time he played in Lisbon:

Pavilhão do Atlântico
Parque das Nações
Lisbon, Portugal
7 April 1999

1. Roving Gambler (trad.)
2. Mr. Tambourine Man
3. Masters Of War
4. Girl From The North Country
5. Tangled Up In Blue
6. Tryin' To Get To Heaven

7. Maggie's Farm
8. Lay Lady Lay
9. Blind Willie McTell
10. Just Like A Woman
11. Can't Wait
12. Like A Rolling Stone

13. Love Sick
14. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
15. Blowin' In The Wind
16. Highway 61 Revisited

Surprised that this has, so far, been his only show in Lisbon. The performance here of Tryin' to get to Heaven (a live debut), done acoustically, is quite frankly definitive. Find it here courtesy of a Thousand Highways.blogspot (http://thousandhighways.blogspot.co.uk/ ... -1999.html)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon March 19th, 2018, 20:06 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun January 22nd, 2017, 21:15 GMT
Posts: 1347
Location: on a bridge
I'm excited and I'm not even going to these gigs !! :lol:

moab


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 20th, 2018, 17:00 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 5th, 2012, 18:52 GMT
Posts: 5526
Location: In a hole in the ground there lived a....
I think this will be the set list for Lisbon. Looking forward to having some concerts to talk about.

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
The last great Comfort Zone:

New York, New York
Beacon Theatre
November 25, 2017


BobLinks.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue March 20th, 2018, 17:34 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2007, 20:48 GMT
Posts: 9806
Location: Norway
8) :D

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180322T21&p0=133&msg=Bob+Dylan+and+His+Band+2018&font=hand


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group