Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun June 24th, 2018, 15:10 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed February 21st, 2018, 20:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

Guthrie: Looks like you hit the Jackpot on Row3/Centers!
Well done.

PostPosted: Fri February 23rd, 2018, 08:29 GMT 

Now Mantova-tickets, 3rd row, center! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri February 23rd, 2018, 08:37 GMT 

Wonder when the Rome row-3-centers are coming?

PostPosted: Fri February 23rd, 2018, 11:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Gonna call you Guthree!

PostPosted: Fri February 23rd, 2018, 11:29 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Gonna call you Guthree!
:lol:

I wonder where these tickets are coming from? Maybe these are returns of some VIP-packages, that weren't sold.

PostPosted: Fri February 23rd, 2018, 11:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

Guthrie wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Gonna call you Guthree!
:lol:

I wonder where these tickets are coming from? Maybe these are returns of some VIP-packages, that weren't sold.

Most likely just late releases would be my guess. Basic business.
And if it’s all the same promoter, then they’re just repeating an overall strategy.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 00:25 GMT 
Promethium Member

The rumor mill is pretty dry, eh?

Seems like either Dylan, Inc. has done a fine job tightening down the screws...
...or no one really cares anymore? Maybe a combo?

Anyhow, looking forward to some solid news on both the Tour front and the New Record front!

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 01:37 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
The rumor mill is pretty dry, eh?

Seems like either Dylan, Inc. has done a fine job tightening down the screws...
...or no one really cares anymore? Maybe a combo?

Anyhow, looking forward to some solid news on both the Tour front and the New Record front!

I was just thinking the same thing as we've had no new shows announced after Verona or any more noises about summer. Hopefully they are just good at keeping the dates under wraps and the next few weeks will bring news.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 18:14 GMT 

I'm strongly considering going to Genoa from from Scotland (flying via Manchester), can anyone familiar with the venue or who speaks Italian please confirm that these (https://imgur.com/a/X6MtG) are decent near-front row seats? Unfortunately website not available in English and Google Translate doesn't seem to get along with it.

Also would be keen to know if the acoustics in the venue are decent, the only time I've seen Bob live was in Glasgow 2011 and it was very difficult to make out what he was singing due to poor audio. Would be gutted if it was the same this time as I'm a student and this is a lot of money to me.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 20:14 GMT 

foxy wrote:
I'm strongly considering going to Genoa from from Scotland (flying via Manchester), can anyone familiar with the venue or who speaks Italian please confirm that these (https://imgur.com/a/X6MtG) are decent near-front row seats? Unfortunately website not available in English and Google Translate doesn't seem to get along with it.

Also would be keen to know if the acoustics in the venue are decent, the only time I've seen Bob live was in Glasgow 2011 and it was very difficult to make out what he was singing due to poor audio. Would be gutted if it was the same this time as I'm a student and this is a lot of money to me.

2011, was that with Mark Knopfler?

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 20:34 GMT 

foxy wrote:

The website does have an English option as well as a 'booking based on seating' view to choose your own seat..

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 20:44 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:

That’s the one, can’t recall if it was the first or second night though. Besides the questionable acoustics I wasn’t an obsessive fan at the time so I didn’t know what to expect, having now heard bootlegs and seen footage I can now get behind him changing the delivery and styles of his songs. I’ve also grown to love a lot of his modern content, Modern Times is my favourite album out his entire discography.

Sweet Melinda wrote:
The website does have an English option as well as a 'booking based on seating' view to choose your own seat..

Sorry to be dumb, I scoured the website and I just can’t see the English option anywhere. Would be grateful if you could tell me where it is.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 20:52 GMT 

Sweet Melinda wrote:

Ah, sorry, I have it now, I wasn't looking hard enough! Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 22:05 GMT 

foxy wrote:
dvdunplugged wrote:

That’s the one, can’t recall if it was the first or second night though. Besides the questionable acoustics I wasn’t an obsessive fan at the time so I didn’t know what to expect, having now heard bootlegs and seen footage I can now get behind him changing the delivery and styles of his songs. I’ve also grown to love a lot of his modern content, Modern Times is my favourite album out his entire discography.

How would you feel if he dished out a load of stuff from the 'Sinatra' albums, a long way to go if you were unlucky to get landed with a load of that. I more or less decided to give this tour a miss as I get a bit fed up with some of that Old Black Magic, but then I'm biased against them. It's also a lot of money to fork out on travel, hotels, meals, etc if you can't really afford it.

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2018, 22:27 GMT 

dvdunplugged wrote:
How would you feel if he dished out a load of stuff from the 'Sinatra' albums, a long way to go if you were unlucky to get landed with a load of that. I more or less decided to give this tour a miss as I get a bit fed up with some of that Old Black Magic, but then I'm biased against them. It's also a lot of money to fork out on travel, hotels, meals, etc if you can't really afford it.

I've actually gone ahead and bought a front row ticket (no point traveling that far for a crap seat), I know it's a huge gamble but I am absolutely desperate to see him and it's been at the back of my mind since the new dates were announced. Can get flights and accommodation relatively cheap anyway. I wouldn't be bothered if there's several covers if his heart's in it, I just hope he's not having one of those nights where he clearly wants to be anywhere but on stage but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I've always been a casual fan but I only got massively into Dylan last May when I was going through a rough patch, by which point I'd unfortunately missed all the UK dates. Since then have listened to all the studio, live and official bootleg albums (even have a soft spot for several that were critically panned like Under the Red Sky) and have learnt around seventy of his songs on guitar. I know I'll get over it if it's a bad gig but I will also hugely regret it if I never get the chance to see him again.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 00:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

Enjoy Foxy!
Great post. You gotta do it.
Fun trip, regardless.
I doubt you’ll be disappointed!

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 00:33 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Enjoy Foxy!
Fun trip, regardless.

Thanks very much, can’t wait. Genoa looks amazing too, wouldn’t have even occurred to me to go there before so should be pretty exciting.

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 08:02 GMT 

Good for you Foxy, hope you enjoy. I toyed with the idea of going to Zurich, Vienna, Salzburg or Verona but made excuses not to do any of them. I think the four Dylan gigs I did last April / May were a bit of an overload for the same old set so I decided to leave it until next time he plays here again, hopefully! I'll probably regret not turning up somewhere though!

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 10:07 GMT 

Hello I am new here inside this prom,so I wondering how I can downloading the shows from the tour 2018 so fare and now soon more shows are coming up in the new tour. Can I please downloading from you?:). Cheers from Sture:).

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 18:58 GMT 
Titanium Member

foxy wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Enjoy Foxy!
Fun trip, regardless.

Thanks very much, can’t wait. Genoa looks amazing too, wouldn’t have even occurred to me to go there before so should be pretty exciting.

Woohoo! A Fifer! I made a good solid few thousand posts on this site from Fife. Sadly I'm now the other side of the Forth. :(

PostPosted: Wed March 7th, 2018, 19:33 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:

Woohoo! A Fifer! I made a good solid few thousand posts on this site from Fife. Sadly I'm now the other side of the Forth. :(

Ah nice, are you in Edinburgh? I'm there all the time as I commute for university. Been learning guitar and planning to hit a few pubs there for open mic nights in the not too distant future, not confident enough to sing my own songs in public yet so I hope that the pubgoers like Bob Dylan covers. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu March 8th, 2018, 05:58 GMT 

Any thoughts on where he'll head to after this tour? More in Europe/UK? I know I'm hoping in vain, but I'm heading to the UK for a couple of weeks for a family holiday in late May/early June. Please, Bob!

PostPosted: Sun March 11th, 2018, 08:25 GMT 

Fingers (and toes) crossed for a stop over in Australia!

PostPosted: Thu March 15th, 2018, 15:41 GMT 

Ok so rumours says Fuji rock festival in japan in july...

PostPosted: Thu March 15th, 2018, 16:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

http://fujirock-eng.com/lineup.html

Quote:
First performance since being awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature to be Fuji Rock!

40 years since his 1st tour of Japan and shows at the Budokan, Bob Dylan’s historic 101st performance in Japan will be in Naeba this summer!
This long-awaited visit to Fuji Rock, performing on the stage where we have all one day hoped to see him, is sure to be a “can’t miss” one-time-only historic evening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next