Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed August 15th, 2018, 16:44 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon June 29th, 2015, 13:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

thanks mrtambourine and johnwesley61 - very cool reports!

PostPosted: Mon June 29th, 2015, 13:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

mrtambourine wrote:
You have seen this year have not made the classic posters with the date of the concert and location? :(

And there is someone who has made ​​the recording of this concert? I hope so!
Bob has made ​​some adjustments on piano in Early Roman Kings , Duquesne Whistle and Soon After Midnight really beautiful!
However in my opinion the best of the evening were Autumn Leaves, Love Sick Duquesne Whistle and Pay in blood .
In Long And Wasted Years Bob invented parts of the text looking and laughing with Tony Garnier ahahah!! Bobby was in very good shape! 8)

johnwesley61 wrote:
I was at the show, here's a very short summary:

They opened the gate at 6:45. The weather was great until around 7:15. Then it began to rain a lot and members of staff told us we had to step back from the front of the stage because it could be dangerous (thunder, electric materials, etc.). So we stepped back. I was so wet that I decided to leave the field for a while to take shelter somewhere. Then I came back to check the situation. All of the people had been told to leave the grass. So another line up. I really thought the show might be canceled if the rain didn't stop. But it stopped. The show began at 9:25 instead of 9:30. Very nice concert, Bob really into it. I was expecting everything but the set, but that was fine. Maybe he decided to play a bit longer because people had to wait under the rain?

About the band intro, it happened during the beginning of Love Sick (while the band was already playing the song).

Cheers

LAWY rap and band intro vamp, like Elvis? perfetto :lol: :lol: --'i wear a twelvvve, honeyy'

lovesickkk - Elvis Presley - Band Introduction 1975 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGtI7flQWDQ

i ain't got my rebate.

PostPosted: Tue June 30th, 2015, 23:18 GMT 

Just back from italy

It did not just rain!!!There was thunder and lightnin', the water fallin' from the sky was like standin' under a waterfall. I had got to centre stage 2nd row, where i was very happy and the clouds turned black and the deluge began. Guy comes on the stage and says we have to go back 20 metres (I think, I don't speak italy) because of 'statico' (I assume thats lightnin'), there are guys on stage looking up at the roof and shakin' their heads (you know like when you take your car for repair and you want a good quote?) and the one that usually tunes the piano is wondering what to do. People around me open umbrellas and tip them at perfect angles to make rivers that run on to my feet. So the whole crowd goes backwards and I am still row 2 centre stage. I am wearing a 'plastic mac' (like a bin-bag for non english readers (garbage bag I guess for citz of the US)) and my head is bowed to the ground for prevention of water entry. I stand still like this for half an hour (approx) while huge blobs of H2O pound my brain. Then I have a peak behind me and the rest of the crowd have already left for the shelter at the side of the football pitch. There are only about 50 of us left standing there and the security guys, who have better raincoats, now tell us we have to leave. We were grateful for the round of applause from those in the stand as we left, I was less grateful that there was no more room in the stand and I had to shelter under a tree where the rain continued to hit me head. There was streams running down and water ran over the top of my shoes, the football pitch was 6 inches deep with rain.
So we waited and then beyond the alps we spotted a blue space in the clouds and we hoped, and we wished, and we positioned ourselves so that if they decided to let us back to the stage we were ready. And then a surge... a crush... and we were back in the lake that used to be a grass field and heading for the stage. People fell, people slid, people screamed and laughed and i was back centre stage row 2 exactly the same spot. And now they said that because of statico we have to go back and we go back, not so far this time but step by step and in ten minutes we run again to the stage and there is NO MORE RAIN. And people sing out of tune while they wait and wonderful rainbows appear over the stadium seeming to hold us in their arc, and everybody is happy and the sky turns blue and we forget the rain and the wetness and we know the show will go ahead. And the piano tuner is told not to bother 'Bob will not notice' and the plastic sheets are removed and the stage is swept and the set lists arrive.

And after the show I have missed the bus back to Udine where my hotel is, and I have not seen the two guys from Slovenia who had said they would give me a lift and I ask people in the car park but they are not going to Udine, or maybe they do not want to take a wet scruffy looking long haired guy in their car (and who could blame them). So I go back to the festival and I drink some more beer and I eat some pizza and I find a quiet place to rest. I know the bus will leave at 5.50 so it is not a problem, but the bus does not leave at 5.50. 'It is Sunday' people say as if I should understand. And the bus will come at 8 'because it is sunday' so I wander back up the hill to the town and the people say 'it is sunday' the bus will come at 7.30. I go back down the hill and wait for the bus and I see the bus and it turns a corner and does not come on the road where I am waiting. And I run (I did a lot of running in San Daniele Del Friuli) and the bus is waiting round the corner. And people get on the bus and they know nothing about my day in St D and they go to the villages and they buy their shopping and I arrive at my hotel just in time for breakfast.

And between these two paragraphs I saw Bob Dylan and his band make wonderful music and I wish I could go back there now!!!!

PostPosted: Tue June 30th, 2015, 23:30 GMT 

Thanks! I enjoyed reading that! Sorry you got so wet though. I must buy myself something waterproof for Loerrach and avoid people with umbrellas.

PostPosted: Wed July 1st, 2015, 00:00 GMT 

i loved every minute :lol: ............................. it is what concert going is all about

By the way I do not own any kind of mobile phone which is (one of the reasons) why I never report set lists.... sorry to the watchers

PostPosted: Wed July 1st, 2015, 02:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

Great stuff Blooz. Yes, what concert going is all about.

PostPosted: Thu December 7th, 2017, 13:17 GMT 
Promethium Member

Just winding off the “Bob never says thanks” thread over in General.

Was this the last show Bob where introduced the band in recent years?
Not that worried about it, but still regret missing this gig.

Will post the YouTube of Love Sick band intro from other thread here in a minute.

Edit: here it is, thanks Circle!

EternalCircle1 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu December 7th, 2017, 18:27 GMT 

Yes ,it was the last time he introduced his band -I was there: Here is my video W/Band Intrduction: https://youtu.be/7lIoL5p4SKs

PostPosted: Thu December 7th, 2017, 19:53 GMT 
Promethium Member

Yeah, the 2015 Love Sicks certainly packed more power than the 2017s.
2017 is still good, just prefer the ‘15 arrangement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7