26 Europe Spring
16 Australasia Summer

02 US Fall
----
44 Total 2018

---
"The beauty parlor is filled with sailors, the circus is in town"

Bob Dylan Live

Weekly Alibi Music Editor, August March, discovered Bob Dylan in 8th grade.

First he stumbled on a copy of Dylan's odd attempt at prose, Tarantula, in among the other books at the Eisenhower Middle School library. Then, his English teacher, Mr. Serafin, noticed the book on March's desk.

The next day, he brought his copies of The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan and Bringing It All Back Home to school and permanently lent them to August. By 10th grade, the future Alibi music editor was dressing like Zimmerman during his London phase, dark Ray-Bans and all.

Now you have a chance to glimpse of the the mythic magic that turned a scientific duck into a nascent hipster, cigarettes and all. Dylan will be performing his Nobel Prize-winning schtick at the Kiva Auditorium on Sunday, Oct. 7 at 8pm.

Perhaps he'll dazzle with some of the down-turned discourses from Highway 61 Revisited or rattle souls with a hearty rendition of “Hurricane.” Maybe he'll even lay out the cross for you.
You never know with dude Dylan, his approach to performance is just as mysterious as the persona he inhabits as inheritor of the boots of Whitman.

And with tickets ranging in price from $92 to $122, you may just see one of his biggest fans in the front row, busting out with a holler when the first notes of “Desolation Row” get plucked out.

https://alibi.com/events/282582/Bob-Dylan-Live.html

PostPosted: Tue October 2nd, 2018, 18:49 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
or rattle souls with a hearty rendition of “Hurricane.”

August March, you're killing me!

PostPosted: Sat October 6th, 2018, 04:52 GMT 

Would love to hear, but not expecting:
Whatcha Gonna Do?
Cross the Green Mountain

PostPosted: Sat October 6th, 2018, 11:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

cheerful wrote:
Whatcha Gonna Do?
Cross the Green Mountain

Are you August March?

PostPosted: Sat October 6th, 2018, 12:11 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
cheerful wrote:
Whatcha Gonna Do?
Cross the Green Mountain

Are you August March?

No, I’m Thomas Dunbar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat October 6th, 2018, 12:23 GMT 

Driving down from Salt Lake City today for Sunday's concert in Albuquerque. Plan on listening to the Witmark Demo songs several times.

I'm always preferred Dylan with sparse accompaniment. While I wish Stu well, I'm happy for a smaller band.

PostPosted: Sat October 6th, 2018, 13:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Agree, re: smaller band.
They’re doing just fine, based on Phoenix recording.
Looks like yer in for a treat Thomas!

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 07:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

Tonight: Bob Dylan & his Band
Bob Dylan is an American singer-songwriter, author, and artist who has been an influential figure in popular music and culture for more than five decades. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s, when he became a reluctant "voice of a generation" with songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind" and "The Times They Are a-Changin'" that became anthems for the Civil Rights Movement and anti-war movement. In 1965, he controversially abandoned his early fan-base in the American folk music revival, recording a six-minute single, "Like a Rolling Stone", which enlarged the scope of popular music. Dylan's lyrics incorporate a wide range of political, social, philosophical, and literary influences.

ABOUT THE KIVA.
The stunning Kiva Auditorium is where the “Stars” shine bright in Albuquerque, George Lopez, Eddie Vedder, Jerry Seinfeld and Norah Jones have all graced the stage in one of New Mexico’s most beloved entertainment destinations.

Located on the upper level of the West Complex, the Kiva Auditorium boasts a proscenium* stage and half-round seating for 2,300 people, making it an elegant but intimate setting for concerts, comedy shows, lectures, general sessions or graduations.

The Auditorium’s backstage area includes a spacious Green Room appointed with a kitchenette, two large chorus dressing rooms, two private dressing rooms and two conveniently-located production offices. Share the stage with the stars and book your next special event at the Kiva Auditorium!

http://www.albuquerquecc.com/kiva/

*Proscenium (from Wikipedia, so it must be true)
A proscenium (Greek: προσκήνιον) is the metaphorical vertical plane of space in a theatre, usually surrounded on the top and sides by a physical proscenium arch (whether or not truly "arched") and on the bottom by the stage floor itself, which serves as the frame into which the audience observes from a more or less unified angle the events taking place upon the stage during a theatrical performance. The concept of the fourth wall of the theatre stage space that faces the audience is essentially the same.

It can be considered as a social construct which divides the actors and their stage-world from the audience which has come to witness it. But since the curtain usually comes down just behind the proscenium arch, it has a physical reality when the curtain is down, hiding the stage from view. The same plane also includes the drop, in traditional theatres of modern times, from the stage level to the "stalls" level of the audience, which was the original meaning of the proscaenium in Roman theatres, where this mini-facade was given more architectural emphasis than is the case in modern theatres. A proscenium stage is structurally different from a thrust stage or an arena stage,

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 16:23 GMT 

If Bob plays "It Ain't Me Babe" to night, as he most likely will do, it will be his live performance # 1000 of that song. Something to remember if you're attending.
Edit: The 9th song of his, played 1000 times or more!

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 16:33 GMT 
Titanium Member

how bizarre, I was thinking of reposting, and just happened to notice he even looks a bit like our MIA researcher, be well long arm!

Giorgio de Chirico

bobschool wrote:
thank you so much for the lyrics, envy your Grand Tour with the band

Cordoba - "I'm a Fool to Want You" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLzNANgan7E
beautiful visual evidence of what's been said about the weightless sound this band makes

-------------

Stu - Ishin-denshin researcher - dangerous when weaponized

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishin-denshin

"Ishin-denshin (以心伝心) is a Japanese idiom which denotes a form of interpersonal communication through unspoken mutual understanding. This four-character compound (or yojijukugo) literally translates as "what the mind thinks, the heart transmits".

Sometimes translated into English as "telepathy" or "sympathy", ishin-denshin is also commonly rendered as "heart-to-heart communication" or "tacit understanding".

Although silent understanding is generally recognized as a universal human phenomenon, the term ishin-denshin is often used to convey a style of nonverbal communication between two people that is felt by some Japanese to be characteristic of Japanese culture.[3][4][5][6] Whereas the Japanese concept of haragei denotes a deliberate form of nonverbal communication, ishin-denshin refers to a passive form of shared understanding. Ishin-denshin is traditionally perceived by the Japanese as sincere, silent communication via the heart or belly (i.e. symbolically from the inside, uchi), as distinct from overt communication via the face and mouth (the outside, soto), which is seen as being more susceptible to insincerities.

The introduction of this concept to Japan (via China) is related to the traditions of Zen Buddhism, where the term ishin-denshin refers to direct mind transmission. Zen Buddhism tradition, in turn, draws the concept of ishin-denshin from the first Dharma transmission between Gautama Buddha and Mahākāśyapa in the Flower Sermon.

Ishin-denshin, or non-verbal communication, continues to influence aspects of contemporary Japanese culture and ethics,[10] ranging from business practices[11] to end-of-life care."

"Love Song" - Giorgio de Chirico

Quote:
All across the military, there’s interest in translating thoughts into computer code, and vice versa. Darpa-funded researchers have taught monkeys how to control robotic limbs with their thoughts. Defense contractor Northrop Grumman is building binoculars that tap the unconscious mind. Honeywell has built a system that monitors pre-conscious nueral firings, to help pick out targets in satellite imagery. The JASONs, the Pentagon’s premiere scientific advisory board, has warned of the dangers of enemies implanted with brain-computer interfaces. And the Defense Intelligence Agency just released a report, saying the military needs to spend more on neuroscience – up to and including "mak[ing] the enemy obey our commands" http://www.wired.com/2008/08/army-funds-synt/"

-------------

George -- World Turtle - bio by William Carlos Williams

"The Turtle" - William Carlos Williams http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-turtle-2/

-------------

Tony - Jaguar Man

The Country Soul Revue, "Testifying" – George Soule - "Jaguar Man" - The Country Soul Revue, "Testifying" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFOvY48_OhI

-------------

Charlie - the mellifluous Charles de Batz de Castelmore (D'Artagnan)

-------------

Donnie

-------------

Bob - son of the West Wind

Quote:
Pothos, the Greek god of passion

In Greek mythology, Pothos is known as a deity, who personified the erotic yearning for something beyond our capabilities. The name Pothos means desire and the ancient artists depicted Pothos as a man without a beard.

Pothos was the son of Eros and Aphrodite, or according to another myth, the son of Zefyros and Iris. His brothers were Imeros and Anteros.

Pothos wanted to become one of the attendant “love deities” of Venus, but could not achieve that, so in the minds of people Pothos was synonymous to the unfulfilled desire.

http://www.greekmyths-greekmythology.co ... s-of-love/

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 19:24 GMT 

sunset wrote:
If Bob plays "It Ain't Me Babe" to night, as he most likely will do, it will be his live performance # 1000 of that song. Something to remember if you're attending.
Edit: The 9th song of his, played 1000 times or more!

As Jay-Z once said:
If you're having set list problems I feel bad for you, babe
I got nine hundred ninety-nine problems but it ain't me babe, it ain't me you're looking for, babe

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 19:44 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
Sun 7 Albuquerque
Attending: shooting_star_night, BrandNewCoatOfPaint., cheerful

Have a great time everyone!

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 20:47 GMT 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 1=394&ah=2

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 20:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

^Love the new avatar Cameron!

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 21:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

Good. This one is in Mountain Time.

PostPosted: Sun October 7th, 2018, 22:45 GMT 

Nightingale's Code wrote:
^Love the new avatar Cameron!

Thanks NC!, Thought it was time for a change :D

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:02 GMT 

Seating started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

^Thanks for the pic! Very small venue, my favorite way to see Bob.

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:29 GMT 

Is that Stu's amp I see set up next to the drum kit, stage right?

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:31 GMT 

His guitars should be over there too.....but I can't see squat from the pic...

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:46 GMT 

Hope everyone gets a fantastic show tonight!

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:49 GMT 

Could be Stu's amp. If so I'm glad, others maybe don't.

Ramón

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:55 GMT 

I love Stu......

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 01:56 GMT 
Promethium Member

I love how there’s no official news and
how it all just organically happens.

Looking forward to Stu’s News-dle.

PostPosted: Mon October 8th, 2018, 02:12 GMT 

Scarletbegonias wrote:
Could be Stu's amp. If so I'm glad, others maybe don't.

Ramón

Yes I completely agree, I think he has been maligned for having a "basic" style but I think this band needs a rhythm guitarist doing that to hold the sound together while Bob, Charlie and Donnie noodle around over the top.