It is currently Sun October 21st, 2018, 12:01 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Passwords
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2018, 15:58 GMT 

Does anyone have St. Augustine?

Post subject: Re: Passwords
PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2018, 18:07 GMT 

Hi!
Does anyone happen to have the Dylan pre-codes for: Chattanooga and Huntsville ?
PreSale is Thursday .. Tomorrow ?
Any help is deeply appreciated!

Thank You,
Bruce

PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2018, 18:36 GMT 

St. Augustine presale password, anyone? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2018, 19:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

Where do these passwords even come from?

PostPosted: Wed August 8th, 2018, 23:58 GMT 

Did you try tangled?

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 13:39 GMT 

November 4 / North Charleston Performing Arts Center

Presale Offer

Thursday 10am - 10pm

Password: DYLAN18

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 15:04 GMT 

Password for Charleston, SC presale that started just an hour ago:

DYLAN18

All caps.

Enjoy!

~ L.F.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 16:17 GMT 

Macon code is SHELTER

Warning: I spent over an hour getting error messages from Ticketmaster, not because of the code, it was accepted, but because I apparently was using the wrong device. Here is the wrong device(s) I was using:
2017 Macbook
2017 Samsung Android phone
Random Windows PC desktop at work

Here is the story:
- At first, I couldn't proceed because I didn't have the presale code (nothing about the information told me that I needed one).
- Spent 10 minutes or so tracking that down (was not easy, most sites wanted me to pay to get it).
- Got the code, but kept receiving error message that TM couldn't process my purchase on the device I was using. Recommended using another device.
- Logged in to my phone. Alternating errors: either timed out or indicated no tickets available and to try again later.
- Nevertheless, kept trying both devices over and over. Nothing.
- Eventually tried the desktop. Nothing.
- Back to the laptop, logging out of Ticketmaster, logging back in, clearing my cookies and browsing history, over and over.
- I could see the tickets, request them, would get a spinning circle that said they were verifying my request, but it always came back in error.
- I tried this for well over 45 minutes.
- Tried calling the automated line, excruciatingly slow, horrible prompts, but it worked.
- Except, the seats were terrible, so I started the process over. Again, more terrible seats. Forget that!
- Went back to my laptop (all the while refreshing my phone). Nothing.
- Kept getting a message that I couldn't make the purchase on the device I was using (which is stupid, because I tried everything but an iPad or an iPhone. Nothing.
- It's now after 11:00 and even though I can see tickets, I am doubting that any are still available.
- I thought of one last thing: Instead of using Chrome, I tried using Safari (which I never use).
- It took some time -- pasting the original link, logging in to TM, entering the code.
- Everything looked the same, but this time it seems I'm seeing different tickets available, including two in the first row of the balcony, straight on.
- I clicked on them and attempted to purchase, fully expecting the same error message. But no! This time, SOMETHING!
- 5 minutes later, I had the best tickets in the auditorium! Section 201, Seats 3 and 4. In my opinion, the only better tickets would have been Seats 1 and 2, but who am I to quibble!

Last edited by summerteeth on Thu August 9th, 2018, 16:41 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 16:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

Man, what a hassle and a time sink.
Sympathies.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 16:39 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Man, what a hassle and a time sink.
Sympathies.

Thanks.
I forgot to mention that all the while, I was tending to my professional responsibilities.
Poorly, I might add.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 17:04 GMT 

Any presale code for Phoenix?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 18:28 GMT 

summerteeth wrote:
Warning: I spent over an hour getting error messages from Ticketmaster, not because of the code, it was accepted, but because I apparently was using the wrong device. Here is the wrong device(s) I was using:
2017 Macbook.....

summerteeth,

My story is almost exactly the same as yours.

Got through the MOMENT tickets went on sale for Charleston.

Chose the "Best Available" option, which was the most expensive "regular" seats (not the b.s. Eagles-esque fake VIP Packages in the first 4 rows), and it automatically selected 2 seats in Row Q!?

I'm like, how did 21 ROWS sell out completely in TWO SECONDS?

So, I chose to discard those seats and try to pick my own from the seating chart, which is what I wanted to so in the first place.

It took about 5 seconds to realize it would not allow me to view a detailed chart, so I immediately hit "Find Best Available Tickets" at the same price point.

That's when I got the message about there being a problem with my "device."

Tried over and over for 20 minutes at every price point (including the VIP things just to see if they would pop up on my laptop), tried rebooting, tried refreshing, tried logging out and in again, and eventually came to the conclusion that there were only a small number of seats included in the presale, scattered throughout the venue, and those had been snatched up immediately by automated bots.

On a lark, I sent a private email directly to the person who runs the box office at the venue and explained my situation and asked if she could look at the backend of her Ticketmaster interface and tell me if all the presale seats were already sold out, and if so, if I waited until tomorrow morning when the regular public sale started that I would be able to select my own choice of seats from whatever was left.

About 40 minutes later she responded politely, told me that she could not replicate my issue on her computer and that it likely had NOTHING to do with my own device, but rather that Ticketmaster's servers had simply been overwhelmed with the volume of traffic as soon as the tickets went on sale, and that I should try again soon, because a lot of people like myself get frustrated when that happens and give up trying to buy seats - which then in turn frees up server room and allows things to progress as they should.

She then told me that Dylan's people SPECIFICALLY asked for the ability for folks to select seats manually from a chart be disabled, and that only the computer algorithms be used to choose the "Best Available" seats for everyone instead. So, even if I waited till tomorrow, I still would not be able to select my own choice of seats!?

I immediately went back to the ticket purchase page, and everything worked instantly and smoothly.

The first set of seats it brought up were in the 7th row, 6 seats in from the far right wall of the venue, on Bob's side.

Now, I'd rather not stare at the side of his face (even in a spotlight so clear), but I was afraid if I passed on those seats I would not wind up with anything closer or better, so I nabbed them.

I have no idea why Bob's people would ask for manual seating selection to be disabled, but if that's true, perhaps it is because since word is getting out that he is not doing a lot of center stage stuff anymore, they fear if they give people a choice, many might opt to simply not even buy a ticket if they think he won't be facing them...

~ L.F.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 18:38 GMT 

Lonesomefetter wrote:
summerteeth wrote:
2017 Macbook.....

summerteeth,

My story is almost exactly the same as yours.

Got through the MOMENT tickets went on sale for Charleston.

Chose the "Best Available" option, which was the most expensive "regular" seats (not the b.s. Eagles-esque fake VIP Packages in the first 4 rows), and it automatically selected 2 seats in Row Q!?

I'm like, how did 21 ROWS sell out completely in TWO SECONDS?

So, I chose to discard those seats and try to pick my own from the seating chart, which is what I wanted to so in the first place.

It took about 5 seconds to realize it would not allow me to view a detailed chart, so I immediately hit "Find Best Available Tickets" at the same price point.

That's when I got the message about there being a problem with my "device."

Tried over and over for 20 minutes at every price point (including the VIP things just to see if they would pop up on my laptop), tried rebooting, tried refreshing, tried logging out and in again, and eventually came to the conclusion that there were only a small number of seats included in the presale, scattered throughout the venue, and those had been snatched up immediately by automated bots.

On a lark, I sent a private email directly to the person who runs the box office at the venue and explained my situation and asked if she could look at the backend of her Ticketmaster interface and tell me if all the presale seats were already sold out, and if so, if I waited until tomorrow morning when the regular public sale started that I would be able to select my own choice of seats from whatever was left.

About 40 minutes later she responded politely, told me that she could not replicate my issue on her computer and that it likely had NOTHING to do with my own device, but rather that Ticketmaster's servers had simply been overwhelmed with the volume of traffic as soon as the tickets went on sale, and that I should try again soon, because a lot of people like myself get frustrated when that happens and give up trying to buy seats - which then in turn frees up server room and allows things to progress as they should.

She then told me that Dylan's people SPECIFICALLY asked for the ability for folks to select seats manually from a chart be disabled, and that only the computer algorithms be used to choose the "Best Available" seats for everyone instead. So, even if I waited till tomorrow, I still would not be able to select my own choice of seats!?

I immediately went back to the ticket purchase page, and everything worked instantly and smoothly.

The first set of seats it brought up were in the 7th row, 6 seats in from the far right wall of the venue, on Bob's side.

Now, I'd rather not stare at the side of his face (even in a spotlight so clear), but I was afraid if I passed on those seats I would not wind up with anything closer or better, so I nabbed them.

I have no idea why Bob's people would ask for manual seating selection to be disabled, but if that's true, perhaps it is because since word is getting out that he is not doing a lot of center stage stuff anymore, they fear if they give people a choice, many might opt to simply not even buy a ticket if they think he won't be facing them...

~ L.F.

That's interesting because when I finally was able to get through, I selected those very seats in the first row of the balcony, and my order was processed.

That server overload thing sounds dubious to me. I mean, this is Ticketmaster -- it's what they do!
I'm sure that there is far greater demand when Beyonce goes on sale. What do they do then?

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 18:43 GMT 

summerteeth wrote:
That's interesting because when I finally was able to get through, I selected those very seats in the first row of the balcony, and my order was processed.

That server overload thing sounds dubious to me. I mean, this is Ticketmaster -- it's what they do!
I'm sure that there is far greater demand when Beyonce goes on sale. What do they do then?

Good points all around.

No Eye Deer.

I'd be curious to know how many of the U.S. venues are allowing specific seat selection and how many are not, for whatever reason...

~ L.F.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 18:51 GMT 

Friends,
I concur with what I've read .. NIGHTMARE!
Was on ten minutes early, never let me get in.. Totally backed up, got the device BS, the works.
tried a couple hrs.. took an hr off went back and got in fine. VIP first row, center right. two seats to the left from where we sat one day short of two years ago in Huntsville. Thanks to God.

Anyone know code for Chattanooga TN please ?

Thanks!
Bruce

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2018, 20:10 GMT 

ruth eckerd hall is 'eclub'

has anyone had any luck with the cheaper will call tickets for the first 10 rows?

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2018, 02:46 GMT 

I refuse to beat my head in over presales and Ticketmaster hell which in the past has taken years off my life. And I'm talking only Bob shows, I don't go to a lot of concerts. I've been caught a little light in the wallet by the short notice for two Arizona shows so I'm going to do what I did in Denver - save up and pay out the wazoo for good scalped seats. Luckily the flight and hotel costs I can skip. I don't care if I pay more. The seat I got in Denver was better than any Ticketmaster ever coughed out of their crappy algorithm and seeing Bob is worth it to me. The only instance I ever got a good seat through some "best seat available" crap shoot was at AVA, but they have their own system. It was an even better seat than the Denver show, the best I've ever had, but the angle and set up of the stage was just lucky I think. I know not everyone wants to pay exorbitant rates, or reward scalpers, but I'm dealing in reality and not being able to travel to other shows as I'd like to. Other? Well all of them.

I don't know why in the world they keep doing these.

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2018, 03:03 GMT 
Titanium Member

I don't know, nobody told me where these passwords even come from. Guess I'm not hip.

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2018, 03:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sweetheart68 wrote:
I refuse to beat my head in over presales and Ticketmaster hell...

Yeah, I gave up on that decades ago. There's always someone with a ticket available.

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2018, 03:36 GMT 

I'm not sure where they get the passwords now, but BD.com used to have them. I poked around a little but couldn't find one. I'm not hip either.

Ironically the Ticketmaster page loading icon doesn't look like an hourglass, it looks like a razor blade. I half expected a wrist to pop up.

I also noticed their little note that presales aren't for preferential seats. Wtf? This must be some game where they get us in a lather so we'll jump on them and in the heat of the moment make financial decisions a cooler head might decline. Maybe if some malicious intent is behind this that's why BD.com doesn't list passwords anymore, they don't even use the term "presale." Seems they would put them on there plain if they thought it was a good idea.

On a side note, i noticed in my poke tickets after the front block at the Tucson show are $48 if you're on a budget. I haven't been to a show at the TCC but it's a much better venue for travelers. Smack in downtown, not 30 miles inside the reservation. There's a zillion restaurants and hotels. And downtown has had a little resurgence, it's better than it used to be. There's even a streetcar.

I could say much the same about the Comerica though. Except for the streetcar. Both are indoors with some air-conditioning. Don't bring a coat, temps will still be in the high 90's/100+ range even that late in the fall.

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2018, 03:58 GMT 

For presales (less so for regular sales), I found that I have to continue trying for at least a half hour. This morning, the best seats at regular price I bought for Charlotte (5th row, off to Bob's side, regular price) came up 25 minutes into the presale. I bought it then pulled up 4th row off right in front of my seat at regular price. The tickets are not all released at once during presales, I'm suspecting. And of course some people throw tickets back, their credit cards are rejected (can it work that quickly?), etc. But I'm suspecting that even for presales they're not all released at once. My tickets have been pulled up either immediately as they go on sale or 20-25 minutes into the sale, and I doubt that's because someone's card was rejected.

I've never pulled up a great ticket more than 30 minutes into a presale or regular sale. But also, I need to throw away tickets hoping that something better will come up: should I settle for 15th row when I want to sit within the first 10?

It's a mess, yes, but I'm 3000 miles from Charlotte and can't buy tickets any other way.

I don't wanna splurge for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row packages, which appear to begin at $300 and get as high as ~$600. I remember in 2011, I did the presales and got front row at "regular" price several times. It's just gotten more difficult and more expensive.

But I'm glad the presales are around. There are shows I'm looking to get tickets for tomorrow, and the one that's not Ticketmaster is the only one I have decent hopes for.

I'm sorry to hear this situation of folks being locked out. I've only been locked out when I'm outside the US or if I've tried refreshing too much. If I'm on TM for an hour looking for tickets for multiple shows, I risk getting blocked for a day or two, no matter if I've spent money.

At any rate, that's my experience. Unsolicited!

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2018, 04:05 GMT 

Is vividseats a valid ticket website?

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2018, 11:25 GMT 

CJohnson300 wrote:
Is vividseats a valid ticket website?

Well, it's as legitimate as any other reseller. You always run the risk that the person who listed the tickets is dishonest. Well, that and ticket prices often double what they would have been at the time of sale.

PostPosted: Thu August 16th, 2018, 20:17 GMT 

Does anyone have presale passwords for Tickemaster for the sale tomorrow August 17, for the Nov 17 show at Atlantic City? just in case, I understand it may not be the way to go anymore.

PostPosted: Thu August 16th, 2018, 20:53 GMT 

restless wrote:
Does anyone have presale passwords for Tickemaster for the sale tomorrow August 17, for the Nov 17 show at Atlantic City? just in case, I understand it may not be the way to go anymore.

It's actually going on now. Password: DYLANB

Section 212-214 look promising considering the way Bob is facing, I've never been to this venue so YMMV.