Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 17th, 2018, 07:06 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed November 14th, 2018, 00:28 GMT 

Joined: Wed July 19th, 2006, 04:24 GMT
Posts: 1421
Location: USA
George Bade, one of the crew members who travels with Bob, has some great shots from the tour posted on his Instagram account
https://instagram.com/neogeo1964?utm_so ... mfef3tzolt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 14th, 2018, 06:38 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon August 8th, 2011, 09:39 GMT
Posts: 2301
Location: Between Lincoln County Road and Armageddon
Thanks for this link! I hope we get to see more of these pictures.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 14th, 2018, 10:22 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 23395
Guessing that George may not be working for Bob much longer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 14th, 2018, 14:17 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 17747
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 14th, 2018, 14:40 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu February 10th, 2005, 11:19 GMT
Posts: 287
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Guessing that George may not be working for Bob much longer.


Charlie shared one of these pictures on his instagram account. This makes him a partner in crime... :) :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 14th, 2018, 16:05 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu April 19th, 2012, 11:32 GMT
Posts: 206
It shows the dubble standards of the venue´s security. How comes he was allowed to take pictures of the audiences in the venue where it was (presumably) prohibited to take pictures? Funny that one can take pictures of people who bought tickets but not of people who are on stage. (presumably).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu November 15th, 2018, 06:46 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon August 8th, 2011, 09:39 GMT
Posts: 2301
Location: Between Lincoln County Road and Armageddon
I don't think that this is a question of double standards.
Most likely George got permission from the powers that be. The venue's security people just follow the orders they receive from those same powers.
I guess there is some sort of agreement which pictures george can take, which pictures can be shared with the public etc.
We, the ordinary ticket holders, don't tstand on the same level as George Bade or other backstage people (or the musicians).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu November 15th, 2018, 08:12 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu April 19th, 2012, 11:32 GMT
Posts: 206
You mean like people in the audiences don´t have copyrights to their own faces, they can be photographed and published, while people on stage can sell their faces for money? Who are those "Powers that be?" Who gave them power to decide who can be photographed and who cannot? It doesn´t look democratic to me. Perhaps the Powers that be can invent a rule that people in row 7 can be allowed to take pictures for a higher price of the ticket, if Power is linked to Money. I think it is a question of double standards. People are not equal in this situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri November 16th, 2018, 17:25 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 25th, 2009, 02:38 GMT
Posts: 333
Location: Champlin, MN
hana wrote:
You mean like people in the audiences don´t have copyrights to their own faces, they can be photographed and published, while people on stage can sell their faces for money? Who are those "Powers that be?" Who gave them power to decide who can be photographed and who cannot? It doesn´t look democratic to me. Perhaps the Powers that be can invent a rule that people in row 7 can be allowed to take pictures for a higher price of the ticket, if Power is linked to Money. I think it is a question of double standards. People are not equal in this situation.


Read the fine print when you buy a ticket.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat November 17th, 2018, 04:53 GMT 

Joined: Wed July 19th, 2006, 04:24 GMT
Posts: 1421
Location: USA
Amazing how quickly some of these threads digress...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat November 17th, 2018, 12:14 GMT 

Joined: Mon May 11th, 2009, 17:29 GMT
Posts: 61
hana wrote:
It shows the dubble standards of the venue´s security. How comes he was allowed to take pictures of the audiences in the venue where it was (presumably) prohibited to take pictures? Funny that one can take pictures of people who bought tickets but not of people who are on stage. (presumably).


Who said he was "allowed" to do it? He just decided to do it.

Are you also angry at tapers who don't adhere to the "no taping" rule?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat November 17th, 2018, 17:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu April 19th, 2012, 11:32 GMT
Posts: 206
Dan33185 wrote:
hana wrote:
You mean like people in the audiences don´t have copyrights to their own faces, they can be photographed and published, while people on stage can sell their faces for money? Who are those "Powers that be?" Who gave them power to decide who can be photographed and who cannot? It doesn´t look democratic to me. Perhaps the Powers that be can invent a rule that people in row 7 can be allowed to take pictures for a higher price of the ticket, if Power is linked to Money. I think it is a question of double standards. People are not equal in this situation.


Read the fine print when you buy a ticket.


To put it straight: you are right, I am wrong. I am sorry, I am sad.
Saying that, I am still in a phase of denial after the shock. Yes, there are some statements about owners on the tickets, but I doubt it applies to me. If I am invited to a house I don´t become an owner of that house. If I am invited to a concert I don´t become owner of the ticket. The owner of the ticket and the holder of the ticket can be different people.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat November 17th, 2018, 17:49 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu April 19th, 2012, 11:32 GMT
Posts: 206
finbar wrote:
hana wrote:
It shows the dubble standards of the venue´s security. How comes he was allowed to take pictures of the audiences in the venue where it was (presumably) prohibited to take pictures? Funny that one can take pictures of people who bought tickets but not of people who are on stage. (presumably).


Who said he was "allowed" to do it? He just decided to do it.

Are you also angry at tapers who don't adhere to the "no taping" rule?


He was not stopped, at least. I am not angry at him (I am not on his picture so I don´t care). I am angry at the dubble standards of the venue´s security and the people who create rules for other people and then they don´t follow these rules themselves.

No, I am not angry at tapers, as I consider them to be a part of the audiences. They break rules and it is a job for the venue´s security to be angry at them, not a job of mine. And as I saw - at this side - security can do their job well. Generally I think that a stage is built so that the ordinary people can see what´s going on up there, not so that the people up there could look down at the ordinary people - and I mean it both literally and metaphorically.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group