Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat August 18th, 2018, 22:38 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:35 GMT 

Last time Sweet Marie was played live was 2007 I think.

PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

DebbieA wrote:

fairly sure it got an outing in 2010 but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:37 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
This is the nicest setlist I've seen in a long time.

It's a normal setlist apart from the inclusion of Sweet Marie.

PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:41 GMT 
Senior Moderator

It's nice for me because it's got a lot of songs I like to hear (Blind Willie, Forgetful Heart, Things Have Changed, Man in a Long Black Coat - and Sweet Marie!!!!) I'd be a happy camper if I got that setlist.

PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:42 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
DebbieA wrote:

fairly sure it got an outing in 2010 but I could be wrong.

I think you might be right, I think he may have performed it in Japan?

PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:43 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
It's nice for me because it's got a lot of songs I like to hear (Blind Willie, Forgetful Heart, Things Have Changed, Man in a Long Black Coat - and Sweet Marie!!!!) I'd be a happy camper if I got that setlist.

I wonder if Sweet Marie got a new arrangement?

PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:44 GMT 
Titanium Member

Played in Bratislava and Tallahassee in 2010.

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:02 GMT 

Ok, so I just come back.

It was huge. Really huge. Like I said it was my first show, but judging by what you can hear or see here and there, he was at the top. Luckily my and my friend were standing next to young hardcore-fans who said it was the best show they ever been to. I'm so lucky I was there, I think I'll remember it forever. The setlist was brilliant, and Bobby seemed to enjoy the hell out himself. He smiled, and laughed, and danced, and put his hand on his heart everytime the crowd showed their love for him.

Maybe ModBob really became GrandBob after all..

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:05 GMT 

(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

20thCenturyBoy wrote:
Ok, so I just come back.

It was huge. Really huge. Like I said it was my first show, but judging by what you can hear or see here and there, he was at the top. Luckily my and my friend were standing next to young hardcore-fans who said it was the best show they ever been to. I'm so lucky I was there, I think I'll remember it forever. The setlist was brilliant, and Bobby seemed to enjoy the hell out himself. He smiled, and laughed, and danced, and put his hand on his heart everytime the crowd showed their love for him.

Maybe ModBob really became GrandBob after all..

Congrats, 20th! Great that you got such an excellent show first time out. Here's to many more to come!

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:10 GMT 

20thCenturyBoy wrote:
(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)

How was Tweedle? Any action from Charlie??

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:11 GMT 
Promethium Member

:D

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:13 GMT 
Mercury Member

So happy for you, 20thCenturyBoy!

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

DebbieA wrote:
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:

I wonder if Sweet Marie got a new arrangement?

I'd bet yes without having been there in that gorgeous venue. Absolutely marvelous!

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:17 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sphere wrote:
20thCenturyBoy wrote:

I'm generally tired of Tweedle from overplay years ago, but if Charlie was allowed to go ballistic, I'm hopeful. So, to chime in with Sphere, did he?

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:18 GMT 

Sphere wrote:
20thCenturyBoy wrote:

Tweedle was really great, Bobby was enjoying it as much as us. And it was so cool 'cause we talked about it in the car, listenin' to L&T : "Oh it would be so funny if he played it" "No way !" haha.
But being my first time I can't say if Charlie did anything special.

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:29 GMT 

20thCenturyBoy wrote:
Tweedle was really great, Bobby was enjoying it as much as us. And it was so cool 'cause we talked about it in the car, listenin' to L&T : "Oh it would be so funny if he played it" "No way !" haha.
But being my first time I can't say if Charlie did anything special.

Cool!! I would be happy too. They've cut back on playing it recently.

Unfortunately, still no Mississippi yet this year. There were a lot of good versions of that last year.

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:51 GMT 
Senior Moderator

20thCenturyBoy wrote:

I'm not surprised. That's one of my favorites to see and hear Bob do live.

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 07:09 GMT 

By the way, news spread quickly, at one point some guys shouted songs names and I heard a hilarious "Roll On Jooohn !!!". :lol:

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 07:39 GMT 

[/quote]
How was Tweedle? Any action from Charlie??[/quote]

Charlie was enraged with anger at one time (LARS I think) because he had no stage sound (PA was alright). He kicked the speakerbox a few times and was yelling at Al constantly. After the song he literally threw his guitar in the hands of the assistant. His face is already reddish with all the sun he's getting, in this case his head was nealy exploding

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 07:42 GMT 

It really was one of those memorable concerts, Dylan was in great shape, clearly enjoying himself, communicating with crowd a lot... There was a lot of highlists, including Thunder on the Mountain :D

Btw Charie was mad at the and of LARS, kicked speaker in front of him with leg, yelling something, then ran to the technician, something probably went wrong with his amp. Funny to watch, thought :)

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 09:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

triumphh wrote:
Charlie was enraged with anger at one time (LARS I think) because he had no stage sound (PA was alright). He kicked the speakerbox a few times and was yelling at Al constantly. After the song he literally threw his guitar in the hands of the assistant. His face is already reddish with all the sun he's getting, in this case his head was nealy exploding

Cool. Drama. Was he able to channel his anger into some kickass solos after that?

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 09:17 GMT 
Promethium Member

20thCenturyBoy wrote:

Congrats 20thcenturyboy :wink: ,.......amazing setlist...... :D

J

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 10:42 GMT 

Just sitting in the Lyon airport on my way home.

The show was great. We came two hours before the let us in and we stood in the 1st\2nd row. Met some great people there. And the venue was really great, good sound and you could see the stage clearly. Bobby was really happy, danced alot and enjoyed performing. The highlights for me were quite alot of songs actually, but in top was Blind Willie (because I really wanted to hear it to start with) and Forgetful Heart, really beautifully done. Long Black Coat and Desolation Row was really good aswell. I was a bit surprised with Sweet Marie as the opener, but it was great. Things have changed was really great with the harmonica. I loved the piano during most songs (Rollin and Tumblin wasnt the best, though). Even though Highway and Thunder is played every show - Bob seems to enjoy playing them, he was really happy and smiled alot during these songs. And as I said - great piano, much better than the keyboard. I think Charlie should be higher in the mix and have more spotlight during the show(s). \\ Some people also yelled some songs from Tempest, but then he sang Sugar Baby.. "Some of the bootlegers \ they make pretty good stuff".

All in all - really great show, loved it. Try to catch Bob this year if you havent already!

Viktor

PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 10:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

Viktor123 wrote:
Just sitting in the Lyon airport on my way home.

The show was great. We came two hours before the let us in and we stood in the 1st\2nd row. Met some great people there. And the venue was really great, good sound and you could see the stage clearly. Bobby was really happy, danced alot and enjoyed performing. The highlights for me were quite alot of songs actually, but in top was Blind Willie (because I really wanted to hear it to start with) and Forgetful Heart, really beautifully done. Long Black Coat and Desolation Row was really good aswell. I was a bit surprised with Sweet Marie as the opener, but it was great. Things have changed was really great with the harmonica. I loved the piano during most songs (Rollin and Tumblin wasnt the best, though). Even though Highway and Thunder is played every show - Bob seems to enjoy playing them, he was really happy and smiled alot during these songs. And as I said - great piano, much better than the keyboard. I think Charlie should be higher in the mix and have more spotlight during the show(s). \\ Some people also yelled some songs from Tempest, but then he sang Sugar Baby.. "Some of the bootlegers \ they make pretty good stuff".

All in all - really great show, loved it. Try to catch Bob this year if you havent already!
Viktor

Very happy for you Viktor. Sounds like you made the right choice. Thanks for sharing your experience with us sideliners. Cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next