Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat August 18th, 2018, 22:38 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:35 GMT 

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2012, 16:38 GMT
Posts: 540
Location: Benjamin Netanyahu's palatial home
Last time Sweet Marie was played live was 2007 I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:36 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 3rd, 2009, 15:19 GMT
Posts: 8649
Location: Desolation Row
DebbieA wrote:
Last time Sweet Marie was played live was 2007 I think.


fairly sure it got an outing in 2010 but I could be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:37 GMT 

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2012, 16:38 GMT
Posts: 540
Location: Benjamin Netanyahu's palatial home
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
This is the nicest setlist I've seen in a long time.


It's a normal setlist apart from the inclusion of Sweet Marie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:41 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 26th, 2006, 02:28 GMT
Posts: 24048
Location: I'm in Bostontown in some restaurant.
It's nice for me because it's got a lot of songs I like to hear (Blind Willie, Forgetful Heart, Things Have Changed, Man in a Long Black Coat - and Sweet Marie!!!!) I'd be a happy camper if I got that setlist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:42 GMT 

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2012, 16:38 GMT
Posts: 540
Location: Benjamin Netanyahu's palatial home
gibsona07 wrote:
DebbieA wrote:
Last time Sweet Marie was played live was 2007 I think.


fairly sure it got an outing in 2010 but I could be wrong.


I think you might be right, I think he may have performed it in Japan?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:43 GMT 

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2012, 16:38 GMT
Posts: 540
Location: Benjamin Netanyahu's palatial home
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
It's nice for me because it's got a lot of songs I like to hear (Blind Willie, Forgetful Heart, Things Have Changed, Man in a Long Black Coat - and Sweet Marie!!!!) I'd be a happy camper if I got that setlist.


I wonder if Sweet Marie got a new arrangement?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 18th, 2012, 22:44 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 3rd, 2009, 15:19 GMT
Posts: 8649
Location: Desolation Row
Played in Bratislava and Tallahassee in 2010.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:02 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu March 8th, 2012, 00:56 GMT
Posts: 120
Ok, so I just come back.

It was huge. Really huge. Like I said it was my first show, but judging by what you can hear or see here and there, he was at the top. Luckily my and my friend were standing next to young hardcore-fans who said it was the best show they ever been to. I'm so lucky I was there, I think I'll remember it forever. The setlist was brilliant, and Bobby seemed to enjoy the hell out himself. He smiled, and laughed, and danced, and put his hand on his heart everytime the crowd showed their love for him.

Maybe ModBob really became GrandBob after all..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:05 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu March 8th, 2012, 00:56 GMT
Posts: 120
(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:06 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22555
20thCenturyBoy wrote:
Ok, so I just come back.

It was huge. Really huge. Like I said it was my first show, but judging by what you can hear or see here and there, he was at the top. Luckily my and my friend were standing next to young hardcore-fans who said it was the best show they ever been to. I'm so lucky I was there, I think I'll remember it forever. The setlist was brilliant, and Bobby seemed to enjoy the hell out himself. He smiled, and laughed, and danced, and put his hand on his heart everytime the crowd showed their love for him.

Maybe ModBob really became GrandBob after all..

Congrats, 20th! Great that you got such an excellent show first time out. Here's to many more to come!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:10 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18th, 2006, 17:13 GMT
Posts: 3629
Location: 2:19
20thCenturyBoy wrote:
(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)

How was Tweedle? Any action from Charlie??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:11 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 17296
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:13 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed September 14th, 2011, 13:25 GMT
Posts: 12327
Location: Wherever I am welcome
So happy for you, 20thCenturyBoy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:14 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22555
DebbieA wrote:
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
It's nice for me because it's got a lot of songs I like to hear (Blind Willie, Forgetful Heart, Things Have Changed, Man in a Long Black Coat - and Sweet Marie!!!!) I'd be a happy camper if I got that setlist.


I wonder if Sweet Marie got a new arrangement?

I'd bet yes without having been there in that gorgeous venue. Absolutely marvelous!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:17 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22555
Sphere wrote:
20thCenturyBoy wrote:
(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)

How was Tweedle? Any action from Charlie??

I'm generally tired of Tweedle from overplay years ago, but if Charlie was allowed to go ballistic, I'm hopeful. So, to chime in with Sphere, did he?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:18 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu March 8th, 2012, 00:56 GMT
Posts: 120
Sphere wrote:
20thCenturyBoy wrote:
(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)

How was Tweedle? Any action from Charlie??


Tweedle was really great, Bobby was enjoying it as much as us. And it was so cool 'cause we talked about it in the car, listenin' to L&T : "Oh it would be so funny if he played it" "No way !" haha.
But being my first time I can't say if Charlie did anything special.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18th, 2006, 17:13 GMT
Posts: 3629
Location: 2:19
20thCenturyBoy wrote:
Tweedle was really great, Bobby was enjoying it as much as us. And it was so cool 'cause we talked about it in the car, listenin' to L&T : "Oh it would be so funny if he played it" "No way !" haha.
But being my first time I can't say if Charlie did anything special.

Cool!! I would be happy too. They've cut back on playing it recently.

Unfortunately, still no Mississippi yet this year. There were a lot of good versions of that last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 00:51 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 26th, 2006, 02:28 GMT
Posts: 24048
Location: I'm in Bostontown in some restaurant.
20thCenturyBoy wrote:
(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)


I'm not surprised. That's one of my favorites to see and hear Bob do live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 07:09 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu March 8th, 2012, 00:56 GMT
Posts: 120
By the way, news spread quickly, at one point some guys shouted songs names and I heard a hilarious "Roll On Jooohn !!!". :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 07:39 GMT 

Joined: Mon June 21st, 2010, 19:28 GMT
Posts: 174
[/quote]
How was Tweedle? Any action from Charlie??[/quote]


Charlie was enraged with anger at one time (LARS I think) because he had no stage sound (PA was alright). He kicked the speakerbox a few times and was yelling at Al constantly. After the song he literally threw his guitar in the hands of the assistant. His face is already reddish with all the sun he's getting, in this case his head was nealy exploding


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 07:42 GMT 

Joined: Sun March 2nd, 2008, 19:29 GMT
Posts: 242
It really was one of those memorable concerts, Dylan was in great shape, clearly enjoying himself, communicating with crowd a lot... There was a lot of highlists, including Thunder on the Mountain :D

Btw Charie was mad at the and of LARS, kicked speaker in front of him with leg, yelling something, then ran to the technician, something probably went wrong with his amp. Funny to watch, thought :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 09:06 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22555
triumphh wrote:
Charlie was enraged with anger at one time (LARS I think) because he had no stage sound (PA was alright). He kicked the speakerbox a few times and was yelling at Al constantly. After the song he literally threw his guitar in the hands of the assistant. His face is already reddish with all the sun he's getting, in this case his head was nealy exploding

Cool. Drama. Was he able to channel his anger into some kickass solos after that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 09:17 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun January 4th, 2009, 08:02 GMT
Posts: 16198
Location: South of the mountains of Madrid.
20thCenturyBoy wrote:
(I'm surprised to say that Forgetful Heart may have been the best song of all, tha way they played it was really magnificient)


Congrats 20thcenturyboy :wink: ,.......amazing setlist...... :D

J


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 10:42 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon November 1st, 2010, 14:20 GMT
Posts: 3723
Location: Stockholm
Just sitting in the Lyon airport on my way home.

The show was great. We came two hours before the let us in and we stood in the 1st\2nd row. Met some great people there. And the venue was really great, good sound and you could see the stage clearly. Bobby was really happy, danced alot and enjoyed performing. The highlights for me were quite alot of songs actually, but in top was Blind Willie (because I really wanted to hear it to start with) and Forgetful Heart, really beautifully done. Long Black Coat and Desolation Row was really good aswell. I was a bit surprised with Sweet Marie as the opener, but it was great. Things have changed was really great with the harmonica. I loved the piano during most songs (Rollin and Tumblin wasnt the best, though). Even though Highway and Thunder is played every show - Bob seems to enjoy playing them, he was really happy and smiled alot during these songs. And as I said - great piano, much better than the keyboard. I think Charlie should be higher in the mix and have more spotlight during the show(s). \\ Some people also yelled some songs from Tempest, but then he sang Sugar Baby.. "Some of the bootlegers \ they make pretty good stuff".

All in all - really great show, loved it. Try to catch Bob this year if you havent already!



Viktor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 19th, 2012, 10:49 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22555
Viktor123 wrote:
Just sitting in the Lyon airport on my way home.

The show was great. We came two hours before the let us in and we stood in the 1st\2nd row. Met some great people there. And the venue was really great, good sound and you could see the stage clearly. Bobby was really happy, danced alot and enjoyed performing. The highlights for me were quite alot of songs actually, but in top was Blind Willie (because I really wanted to hear it to start with) and Forgetful Heart, really beautifully done. Long Black Coat and Desolation Row was really good aswell. I was a bit surprised with Sweet Marie as the opener, but it was great. Things have changed was really great with the harmonica. I loved the piano during most songs (Rollin and Tumblin wasnt the best, though). Even though Highway and Thunder is played every show - Bob seems to enjoy playing them, he was really happy and smiled alot during these songs. And as I said - great piano, much better than the keyboard. I think Charlie should be higher in the mix and have more spotlight during the show(s). \\ Some people also yelled some songs from Tempest, but then he sang Sugar Baby.. "Some of the bootlegers \ they make pretty good stuff".

All in all - really great show, loved it. Try to catch Bob this year if you havent already!
Viktor

Very happy for you Viktor. Sounds like you made the right choice. Thanks for sharing your experience with us sideliners. Cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jack Donohue 93


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group