Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat August 18th, 2018, 00:48 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 08:36 GMT 

WE ARE STILL IN SHOCK HERE! I can't believe this has happened to MY son. I want to thank all of the well wisher & congrats postings. I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer some of the posts. Very overwhelming, this just doesn't feel real. My son starts school tomorrow & couldn't fall asleep, neither can I obviously (because I am posting SO late). I never thought too deep into why Bob signed that harmonica for my son until someone posted it. What if it did have something to do with the Buddy Holly experience Bob had as a young man? Very strange to think about when it's YOUR son. I will say this to EVERYONE (including Bob), my son & I will NEVER EVER sell that harmonica. It is priceless to us. I would love to put it on LONG TERM loan to a museum where ALL Bob fans could enjoy it! My father was VERY ill for months before he passed away & it was very difficult to watch him suffer. My father's harmonica's are our connection to him. They were his prized possesions. I just know my father has been smiling down on us since Monday, I feel it. Thanks again to all kind words for my son & I.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 09:34 GMT 
Mercury Member

Yes, it is a fabulous story..... just a very short time back I posted that we were going to have to wait a long time to hear of a better first concert story than Dr. TLT told of meeting and getting an autograph after the show..... but I was wrong..... it only took a couple of days......... Really all rather amazing............. and wonderful..... 8) I saw more of the story and pics over on boblinks.com...... Bob, Charlie and Tony.... all in one day..... good job young Dylan.... and to Mom, but be sure to make him a scrapbook of the whole adventure..... someday when he is famous and writing his own version of Chronicles he will need his notes to get it all down right.... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 09:59 GMT 

Your son is very lucky to have such a supportive, cool mum, dogtear!

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 10:07 GMT 

OH MY GOD!!!! OH MY GOD!!!! I was just messing around with my cell phone & I was checking the video I took that night for the first time JUST NOW. It just slipped my mind that I did it. I recorded with my phone twice right at the end of the show & I have a 39 second video of the first time they lined up in "shows over formation". Ther screen starts out black because I had my phone behind my purse when I started the video. You can hear my son & I very nervously talking trying to figure out what to do for twenty seconds then all of a sudden a beautiful crisp shot appears of the whole band in formation for the final 19 seconds!!!!! OH MY GOD! I had no idea! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HELP!!!!!!!!!! I'm shaking!!!!!!!!! The second video is 20 seconds of Bob at the keyboard doing Blowin' In The Wind. The picture quality is excellent but the sound is not really good. OMG! Everyone is going to want to see this! This just keeps getting harder & harder to believe! Be patient I don't have a clue how to get it into my computer. Where should I put it online when I figure it out? Youtube?

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 10:16 GMT 

That´s cool! I´m sure a lot of people would like to see it! Thanks for your commitment!

I really think youtube is the easiest way. Maybe I wouldn´t necessarily use the words "Bob Dylan" in the title, so that it won´t be removed too fast (which sometimes happens).

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 10:26 GMT 
Titanium Member

Post it! If the quality is as good as the signing photograph, it's worth a look! Let us know when you did it.
BTW, I work in classical music at Oxford University and we had a listen and the Tchaikovsky is mighty fine!!!!

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 11:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

I suggest trying to get this onto DylanVideo. Any concert clips of Bob get removed from youtube within a few hours by Web Sherriff. You'd go through the trouble of uploading this for nothing.
http://www.dylanvideo.com/

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 11:21 GMT 

slewan wrote:
oh, my god - Bob's growing old: just like other stars he plays the same songs every show and signs fans' stuff…

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 11:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

He's been known to give out signed harmonicas to sick kids. It's not often that these kinds of hospital visits become publicly known like this one in Belfast in 2004, but I understand they happen quite regularly. I think he's a good person and it didn't only start the other day - nor does it have anything to do with old age!

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 12:18 GMT 
Titanium Member

man i'm so jealous of your boy!

i remember the way i felt when bob looked at me for about 30 seconds, stared right into my eyes, at my second ever show...i felt special all the way home. i can't imagine how excited you both would have been at getting that harmonica signed.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 14:03 GMT 

This is a fantastic story that reminds me of the way I got my autograph in 1994.
These things happen, especially when he feels people are not being obsessive about getting something signed.
Your son must be the happiest person in the world now.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 14:09 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Young Dylan must be so thrilled - and to have Bob's signature on one of his grandfather's harmonicas! How nice is that?! I'm not sure if I'm happier for the young fan or his mom.

I knew all this time that Bob was an old softy. :mrgreen:

Last edited by BostonAreaBobFan on Thu August 4th, 2011, 17:44 GMT, edited 2 times in total.
Merged 2 threads into one topic.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 14:21 GMT 

So jealous! I do, however, have the pleasure of being able to say I performed an Everly Brothers song on the Ryman stage a few years ago.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 14:23 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Very cool! I really want to go to the Ryman for a show.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 14:39 GMT 
Mercury Member

Bet he's overjoyed - now he'll make a packet on ebay.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 14:45 GMT 

Bennyboy wrote:

would you?

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 15:34 GMT 
Mercury Member

Anythingyouplease wrote:
Bennyboy wrote:

would you?

For sure. And then spend the money on drugs and prostitutes.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 16:48 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
He's been known to give out signed harmonicas to sick kids. It's not often that these kinds of hospital visits become publicly known like this one in Belfast in 2004, but I understand they happen quite regularly. I think he's a good person and it didn't only start the other day - nor does it have anything to do with old age!

I was not aware he did this, but I'm glad he does.

Nice story about the harmonica too. Not sure why he had signed it though, went of ModBob stage character.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 17:04 GMT 

Yeah baby! What a story!

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 17:07 GMT 
Titanium Member

XZYOE wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:

I was not aware he did this, but I'm glad he does.

Nice story about the harmonica too. Not sure why he had signed it though, went of ModBob stage character.

Its a really nice thing for him to do. I love the way he still doesn't take his hat off, even in a hospital! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 17:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

dogtear72 wrote:
WE ARE STILL IN SHOCK HERE! I can't believe this has happened to MY son. I want to thank all of the well wisher & congrats postings. I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer some of the posts. Very overwhelming, this just doesn't feel real. My son starts school tomorrow & couldn't fall asleep, neither can I obviously (because I am posting SO late). I never thought too deep into why Bob signed that harmonica for my son until someone posted it. What if it did have something to do with the Buddy Holly experience Bob had as a young man? Very strange to think about when it's YOUR son. I will say this to EVERYONE (including Bob), my son & I will NEVER EVER sell that harmonica. It is priceless to us. I would love to put it on LONG TERM loan to a museum where ALL Bob fans could enjoy it! My father was VERY ill for months before he passed away & it was very difficult to watch him suffer. My father's harmonica's are our connection to him. They were his prized possesions. I just know my father has been smiling down on us since Monday, I feel it. Thanks again to all kind words for my son & I.

Well, I don't want to be a party pooper, but those harmonicas were waaaaaaay more important before Bob signed one anyway. I'm sorry your dad suffered.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 18:09 GMT 

Milkcow wrote:

Well, I don't want to be a party pooper, but those harmonicas were waaaaaaay more important before Bob signed one anyway. I'm sorry your dad suffered.

I can't help but wonder how you judge the relative importance of harmonicas? do I have to wait for your book to find out or might you grace us with your insights here?

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 18:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

We've already discussed in a pm that deductive reasoning isn't your strong point. Please don't make me embarrass you by pointing out the obvious.

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 18:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

Milkcow wrote:
dogtear72 wrote:

maybe to better understand this I should write even before Bob signed one???

All the stuff highlighted in burgundy is for Jman since he doesn't understand content too well nor can he deductively reason why I would ever make such a comment.... Here it is baby... spelled out for ya!

PostPosted: Thu August 4th, 2011, 20:40 GMT 

Great story, it's neat how you put all the energy into making it happen, and everything aligned just right for you, and all the timing coalesced perfectly...Hold onto that harp!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next