Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon May 20th, 2019, 15:37 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 09:47 GMT 

Looking at the Bob Links setlists since Locarno 2019 at least, I do see BITW commented as performed with harp. But listening to Locarno's recording I can't find a sound of a harp in that song. While Innsbruck had one in BITW for sure (to my real surprise, because it was a personal first for me since 2014), how about the follwing nights. Any update on that? Thank you all in advance ...

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 11:38 GMT 

I'm curious to know, too.

Another harp story: In Dusseldorf he finished Simple Twist with harmonica, really cool, but the soundguys turned off Bob's mic. You only heard him play in the first few rows but you can't hear the outro on the recording - that's a shame btw. I hope it's not that way on Blowin'.

Edit: last night "no harp": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYwpRAFzgc but Boblinks says "Bob on piano and harp".

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 15:08 GMT 

EternalCircle1 wrote:

Another harp story: In Dusseldorf he finished Simple Twist with harmonica, really cool, but the soundguys turned off Bob's mic. You only heard him play in the first few rows but you can't hear the outro on the recording

That's not quite true. I can hear it on both recordings from that show, spot and Robert71. It's better audible on the latter, unfortunately this recording is marred a little bit by someone (hopefully not the taper) who is singing/speaking the words "simple twist of fate" along with Bob's performance two or three times.

Glad you noticed the harp at all during the concert. It was a very moving moment.

PostPosted: Tue April 30th, 2019, 16:08 GMT 

Thank you for updating.
So, w‘ve got now for the live versions of Blowin’ in the Wind Führung the European Tour 2019 until now:

Würzburg: no harp
Innsbruck: harp
Augsburg: no harp
Locarno: no harp
Pamplona: ?
Barakaldo (Bilbao): ?
Gijon: ?
Santiago de Compostela: no harp

Anybody else might help and make an update for another town? So Bill Pagel‘s excellent site might get a complete input on that matter being able to correct it, where i‘s been listed wrong. Thank you and with that occasion a huge „Thank you“ to Bill and his site being a treasure for me since I became a Dylan fan in another lifetime...

PostPosted: Fri May 3rd, 2019, 21:49 GMT 

With 242 Fans here watching - is there anyone that knows? Or anyone who cares? Obviously not:-) Even more funny, because Blowin‘ has been listed for the last shows every night with harp. True? A mistake? Anyone?

PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 05:43 GMT 

Anyone know if he’s been wearing his hair up or down this tour?

PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 07:43 GMT 

dylanswife wrote:

Funny, hm? Just a polite suggestion: If you do not have anything to contribute answering my really serious question, you do not have to joke on it, and just respect it. As I respect that people get enthusiastic about the resurrrection of „Dignity“ and open threads for that. I am more than happy that Mr. Dylan plays the harp again this tour, I‘ve missed it for years as an important part of his performance. Even more surprised was I, when he - obviously rather spontaneous - played harp in the beautiful Innsbruck gig (thanks again @ Spot capturing it). And now, looking at Bill Pagel’s excellent reference page BITW since Locarno is listed „with harp“ - which at least for Locarno is a mistake. To help correcting this info, I started this thread. If you are really interested in hairdo, you might start a new one... I would respect it, but would not post there, because for me this doesn‘t matter. As to you, I guess. In other words: If this topic is not interesting for a lot of people, I‘m fine with it - and we let the wrong info as it is. More than welcome of course, if anybody has updates regarding BITW in Portugal and Spain 2019?

PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 07:52 GMT 

Hawkmoon wrote:
dylanswife wrote:

Funny, hm? Just a polite suggestion: If you do not have anything to contribute answering my really serious question, you do not have to joke on it, and just respect it. As I respect that people get enthusiastic about the resurrrection of „Dignity“ and open threads for that. I am more than happy that Mr. Dylan plays the harp again this tour, I‘ve missed it for years as an important part of his performance. Even more surprised was I, when he - obviously rather spontaneous - played harp in the beautiful Innsbruck gig (thanks again @ Spot capturing it). And now, looking at Bill Pagel’s excellent page BITW since Locarno is listed „with harp“ - which at least for Locarno is a mistake. To help correcting this info, I started this thread. If you are really interested in hairdo, you might start a new one... I would respect it, but would not post there, because for me this doesn‘t matter. As to you, I guess. In other words: If this topic is not interesting for a lot of people, I‘m fine with it - and we let the wrong info as it is. More than welcome of course, if anybody has updates regarding BITW in Portugal and Spain 2019?

I was being serious. Sometimes Bobs hair is lopsided. And sometimes Bobs lid is up. But ya know, I’m not there every night to have this intimate knowledge.

It’s the little things that keep me interested, you know. And they aren’t always deserving of their own topic.

PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 08:07 GMT 

Ok, the lid was down during the shows I‘ve artended and his hair was not lopsided. To return to this thread‘s topic:

opean Tour 2019 until now:

Innsbruck: harp

PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 10:35 GMT 

Blowin’ in the Wind in the current European Tour 2019 until today:

Innsbruck: Bob on piano and harp
Porto: ?
Sevilla: ?

PostPosted: Sat May 4th, 2019, 11:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hi Hawkmoon,
It looks like Gijon & Bilbao are
available over in rare recordings.
The others will most likely pop eventually.

PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 03:55 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Hi Hawkmoon,
It looks like Gijon & Bilbao are
available over in rare recordings.
The others will most likely pop eventually.

Yes, thank you! And: Bill Pagel’s page now has updated the versions from Spain and Portugal. Though Locarno still has the harp in BITW there...

PostPosted: Sun May 5th, 2019, 09:01 GMT 

Sevilla: no harp
Fuengirola: no harp

PostPosted: Mon May 6th, 2019, 05:01 GMT 

dylanswife wrote:

Based on the photos I've seen, I'm pretty sure the burnt sienna wig is back this year..

PostPosted: Mon May 6th, 2019, 10:24 GMT 

StHelens wrote:
Sevilla: no harp
Fuengirola: no harp

Thank you for your updates and confirmation.