Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu August 16th, 2018, 17:49 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed December 19th, 2012, 18:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

Ozzy Osbourne, simultaneously reenacting the Don't Look Back interviews and explaining the phenomena of the Never Ending Tour all in one painful interview. Best deadpan in history.

PostPosted: Wed December 19th, 2012, 19:52 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I love Ozzy. They used to interview him all the time on a local radio show in my area. He's funny without even knowing it - the best type of funny there is IMO.

PostPosted: Wed December 19th, 2012, 20:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

So far every NET show I've played has at least one very special song/performance on it. Generally more than one. I haven't listened to nearly as many as a lot of you others. But I have my Bob bootleg Hall of Fame to categorize which ones are the best. So far the Taipei, Taiwan show from April 3, 2011 is the only one that didn't make it into the HOF, but it even had at least one particularly magical performance when he played Forgetful Heart. The real standouts for me so far are Prague, Czech Republic from March 11, 1995 and Fairfax, Virginia from Nov. 22, 2002. The Portsmouth, England show from Sept. 24, 2000 is also in my HOF. I would've listened to many more in their entirety by now, but I tend to get sucked into the one's I Love and have a hard time letting go and moving on to the next show. I think today, I'm gonna listen to the D.C. show from Nov. 15, 2001, followed by another listen to the show I attended this year in Grand Prarie.

PostPosted: Wed December 19th, 2012, 22:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
I love Ozzy. They used to interview him all the time on a local radio show in my area. He's funny without even knowing it - the best type of funny there is IMO.

yikes, i forgot to post the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C179JIFoUkg

PostPosted: Thu December 20th, 2012, 02:57 GMT 
Promethium Member

rolling_thunder wrote:
So far every NET show I've played has at least one very special song/performance on it. Generally more than one.

I've found that to be true though when he was playing the circus organ every nioght they were harder to find.

PostPosted: Thu December 20th, 2012, 03:25 GMT 

DownInAlabama wrote:
^ Woody wants head from UP. Robert wants head from Woody. It's all one big circle jerk around here and no, I will not be in the middle.
{mods, you may delete at your discretion, as always, but there just seems to be a little too much love around here sometimes :P }

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed December 26th, 2012, 03:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

rolling_thunder wrote:
So far every NET show I've played has at least one very special song/performance on it. Generally more than one. I haven't listened to nearly as many as a lot of you others. But I have my Bob bootleg Hall of Fame to categorize which ones are the best. So far the Taipei, Taiwan show from April 3, 2011 is the only one that didn't make it into the HOF, but it even had at least one particularly magical performance when he played Forgetful Heart. The real standouts for me so far are Prague, Czech Republic from March 11, 1995 and Fairfax, Virginia from Nov. 22, 2002. The Portsmouth, England show from Sept. 24, 2000 is also in my HOF. I would've listened to many more in their entirety by now, but I tend to get sucked into the one's I Love and have a hard time letting go and moving on to the next show. I think today, I'm gonna listen to the D.C. show from Nov. 15, 2001, followed by another listen to the show I attended this year in Grand Prarie.

Hey, Thunder, speaking of Grand Prairie, there's a real nice It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) from 2006.04.15 - Nokia Theater out there on Rare Recs.
Check it out. Whole damn show it good...but I am biased...

The NET is a kaleidoscopic musical stew offering up a slightly different smorgasbord of ingredients every time we take a slurp.
Usually good, ever changing, it leaves the tastebuds craving more ... and more!

Here's to 2013 and a promising new guitar twist! ...and who knows what else?

PostPosted: Thu February 8th, 2018, 13:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

Never Ending Tour Appreciation Thread

I have no idea what possessed me to do this but I have not listened to a single Never Ending Tour show in almost two weeks and last night was the first time I listened to a song from the NET. Though generally not inclined to be this way, I now understand why some people would feel life has lost its meaning and purpose. I endeavor to change this today, so help me God!

PostPosted: Thu February 8th, 2018, 13:32 GMT 

Untrodden Path wrote:
Never Ending Tour Appreciation Thread

I have no idea what possessed me to do this but I have not listened to a single Never Ending Tour show in almost two weeks and last night was the first time I listened to a song from the NET. Though generally not inclined to be this way, I now understand why some people would feel life has lost its meaning and purpose. I endeavor to change this today, so help me God!

Would you like me to link you up with rather nice Bennyboy remaster of Detroit 2015? Even his cold, cold heart can be warmed by the odd ModBob (OddBob?) recent show, it seems....