Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu August 16th, 2018, 23:58 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 16:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

I just wanted to put it out there that I consider the Never Ending Tour to be the best entertainment available to our generation, and possibly to any generation, ever. I hope you agree, but if you don't, I want you to know it's because you're wrong. Many things in life are debatable - freedom of speech, the earth being round, no meaning no - but the Supremacy of the Never Ending Tour and everything it encompasses - which includes me and you, mister - is beyond suspicion, questioning, or deliberation.

All Hail, Infallible Never Ending Tour!

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:06 GMT 
Titanium Member

Location: where there ain't no police; ain't no need to escape from what is, only spirits at ease
^ Woody wants head from UP. Robert wants head from Woody. It's all one big circle jerk around here and no, I will not be in the middle.
{mods, you may delete at your discretion, as always, but there just seems to be a little too much love around here sometimes :P }

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

Woody, I can't tell if you set me up for this but...

Congratulations, your obvious wisdom, insight, and musical discernment, as well as your many contributions on a wide array of topics on Expecting Rain, have earned you the Untrodden Path Hero of the Day Award.

Keep up the good work!

Blessings and best wishes... :D

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:18 GMT 
Promethium Member

Quite frankly DIA, that kind of language has no place here. It's high time we hold ourselves to higher standards. Its high time we stop with the crude, sexually suggestive talk. I ALWAYS lead by example. You will not find anything that I have ever posted that could be considered vulgar.

On topic, I love the NET> LONG LIVE THE NET.

Long may Charlie Sexton be in the band!

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:19 GMT 
Promethium Member

Untrodden Path wrote:

Congratulations, your obvious wisdom, insight, and musical discernment, as well as your many contributions on a wide array of topics on Expecting Rain, have earned you the Untrodden Path Hero of the Day Award.

Keep up the good work!

Blessings and best wishes... :D

Was I in the running before I called Knocked Out Loaded a "Sh*t Sandwich" ?

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:26 GMT 
Titanium Member

Location: where there ain't no police; ain't no need to escape from what is, only spirits at ease
Harry Truman wrote:
Quite frankly DIA, that kind of language has no place here. It's high time we hold ourselves to higher standards. Its high time we stop with the crude, sexually suggestive talk. I ALWAYS lead by example. You will not find anything that I have ever posted that could be considered vulgar.

Weren't we discussing our sheet preferences yesterday? That must've been that Dirty Harry. You are a fine example, my friend.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:38 GMT 

The Earth isn't round.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:40 GMT 
Titanium Member

DownInAlabama wrote:
Weren't we discussing our sheet preferences yesterday?

When's the most recent singing of The ragman draws circles? This is one rare example in which a NET would not be all that helpful.

Harry Truman wrote:
It's high time...we hold ourselves...

You seem to corroborate Brunie's circle theory, hitting on both Robert and yourself.

Untrodden Path wrote:

After all this time, you still believe I'm capable of thinking ahead?

But thanks much for the kind recognition! It's nice to be draped in purple, even if only for a day!

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:53 GMT 

Never Ending Tour is fantastic. Always look forward to seeing Bob.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 18:06 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'm with you. I had a transcendent experience with the NET a couple of years ago in New Hampshire(in the rain no less). It was open seating(standing actually) in a small baseball stadium. I was pretty close up front with some old and dear friends. It was kind of a vision of the whole stage area as a one big speaker howling out at the universe. It was fantastic. Of course, the great weed helped too.

We are blessed to have this god and his music in our midst.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 18:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

DownInAlabama wrote:
Harry Truman wrote:

Weren't we discussing our sheet preferences yesterday? That must've been that Dirty Harry. You are a fine example, my friend.

Ok fine. You caught me. Threads about which Tiger Woods mistress I would do are probably not family-friendly. (Rachel Uchitel, Loredana Jolie)

I'll bet they love the smooth R&B stylings of one Mr Keith Sweat.

If the NET were a girl, I would totally be drunk dialing her right now.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 18:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

crap! I got home too late and was otherwise occupied on the interwebs last night to remember to check out Mr. Sweat. It is 80d+ here today so I will try to Sweat again when I get home.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 18:40 GMT 
Titanium Member

Harry Truman wrote:
If the NET were a girl, I would totally be drunk dialing her right now.

And, naturally, she'd be drawing crazy patterns on my sheets, totally oblivious to the vibrating cell phone that somehow found its way atop the ceiling fan.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 18:58 GMT 

DownInAlabama wrote:
^ Woody wants head from UP. Robert wants head from Woody. It's all one big circle jerk around here and no, I will not be in the middle.
{mods, you may delete at your discretion, as always, but there just seems to be a little too much love around here sometimes :P }

:lol: :shock: 8) :wink:

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 19:03 GMT 

Harry Truman wrote:

On topic, I love the NET> LONG LIVE THE NET.

Long may Charlie Sexton be in the band!

Just got hip to Charlie yesterday, from watching the vids posted on ER.
That "kid" rocked. He had my fists clenched high overhead by the end, had me up dancing and struttin' it with him...always super-enhanced by my personal fave, bd, of course. (Lower case cuz I'm sure Bob knows Charlie deserves all the attention available, and appreciates all he gets).

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 19:12 GMT 
Promethium Member

chrome horse wrote:
I'm with you. I had a transcendent experience with the NET a couple of years ago in New Hampshire(in the rain no less). It was open seating(standing actually) in a small baseball stadium. I was pretty close up front with some old and dear friends. It was kind of a vision of the whole stage area as a one big speaker howling out at the universe. It was fantastic. Of course, the great weed helped too.

I saw Bob a couple of years back at a College Gynamsium. It turned out to be the second best show i've seen him play. That's the beauty of it. It's unpredictable. I love having very little idea what he's going to play. I love that today's gig will be it's own unique show, in terms of setlist or arrangements. Just about every show on the NET is worth a listen.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 19:13 GMT 

chrome horse wrote:

Blessed to have that opinion from one not shy about keeping the faith by practicing it, we are on ER. This is the man who challenged my letter to KarlErik, as my first post on ER, and my very cyber-space existence when I joined, this ChromeHorseman. Howdy, Horse, recent awakening to the glory of the NET going on for me. Guess I had to see him and the band to form an interest that could rival my satisfaction with studio music. In no way is my absolute devotion to this man's body of studio work diminished by my sudden enthsiasm for the NET. I am pleased I awoke before Bob's final tour, and that we are friends on ER. :lol: Very pleased to read your post, on this, my second day in the weaning process away from studio-Bob music only. :D

Hi Harry, had to edit to say hi.

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 20:01 GMT 

Uh oh, had to back up to recognize what slid past...Sorry, great Wooden god of ER, but better late than never. Congratulations on your achievement as winner of an Untrodden Path Award. Listen to me, as one who has trod the hallowed grounds, I say now is the time to parlay the award into all kinds of personal pleasure. Your wife, for example, (sorry, did I say that in large print?), should certainly be made to feel the gravity of your honor, all day, or as often as possible, in hopes of superior treats at lights out. Library Lady had to send me home from the library the day I won. Guess people weren't there to see the winner so much as to read books, but how was I supposed to know? :roll: :?

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 20:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

Robert Heitman wrote:
...as one who has trod the hallowed grounds...

:shock: Are you saying that the Path has actually been Trodden??? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 23:15 GMT 

i'm sure enjoying this leg of the NET

what is required i think is an official release of NET highlights

PostPosted: Fri April 2nd, 2010, 05:34 GMT 

lostintherain65 wrote:
i'm sure enjoying this leg of the NET

what is required i think is an official release of NET highlights

Yes, but the problem is, as has been stated, that the set would need to be 50+ discs.

PostPosted: Fri April 2nd, 2010, 08:54 GMT 

i love you guys..n gals ..All you schmucks that make this a great place to hang out n read up on.. the humour..the boos.. the boohoos.. ok cmon.. you that boohoo the NET really need to go get in a lineup again.. go and meet the people..hear the stories..share some experience.. then go inside and meet MORE awesome people that feel happy to be where they want to be more than anywhere.. Thats what its like.. Honest~! Then hear the band strike up..and play games with your ears.. tease the senses.. and just Enjoy yourself~ i cant wait for them to come home to our continent..im so ready for a road trip. (i just cant fathom the thought of an 18 hr flight without a cigarrette...)

PostPosted: Fri April 2nd, 2010, 13:15 GMT 
Promethium Member

Harry Truman wrote:
chrome horse wrote:

I saw Bob a couple of years back at a College Gynamsium. It turned out to be the second best show i've seen him play. That's the beauty of it. It's unpredictable. I love having very little idea what he's going to play. I love that today's gig will be it's own unique show, in terms of setlist or arrangements. Just about every show on the NET is worth a listen.
Harry Truman... someone (a Moderator, perhaps) edited your response... I'm sure as a joke... and added "Just about". I think you and I agree that every show on the NET is worth a listen.
:D

PostPosted: Fri April 2nd, 2010, 13:19 GMT 

Untrodden Path... someone (a Moderator, perhaps) edited your response... I'm sure as a joke... and changed "repeated raptured blissful listening sessions" to the very lame "a listen". :wink:

PostPosted: Fri April 2nd, 2010, 14:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Folk & Blues Fan wrote:
Untrodden Path... someone (a Moderator, perhaps) edited your response... I'm sure as a joke... and changed "repeated raptured blissful listening sessions" to the very lame "a listen". :wink:
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I grew up not trusting people in authority and slowly was letting down my guard here on Expecting Rain... It looks like I'll have to keep a watchful eye on the Moderators now as well.

repeated raptured blissful listening sessions... that is such an appropriate discription for enjoying NET boots, don't you think? :D

If our hearts are of one accord, wilt thou not join me in sharing a repeated raptured blissful listening sessionsto the November 13, 2003 NET show from Paris (next up for playing on my computer). :D :D :D

It shall be divine... like entering the pearly gates where the streets are paved with gold and hearing that heavenly voice say, Well done, good and faithful servant!