Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu July 18th, 2019, 07:40 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun June 30th, 2019, 09:03 GMT 

Joined: Thu April 25th, 2019, 15:28 GMT
Posts: 196
I think Dylan should do a little slow piano ballad section, similar to the old acoustic section.

This would be great:

Boots of Spanish Leather
Don't Think Twice
Girl From The North Country.

He could do alternates, Tomorrow Is A Long Time, Mama You Been On My Mind, Mr Tambourine Man.

Anyone else agree?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun June 30th, 2019, 09:42 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri March 3rd, 2017, 07:34 GMT
Posts: 1070
Location: Sydney, Australia
Yes!

Maybe if you see her, say hello aswell


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 12:12 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon November 11th, 2013, 13:02 GMT
Posts: 527
Location: The Land Of Nod
I would like to draw attention to how Bob sees the two songs Girl From The North Country and Boots Of Spanish Leather linked. In the Roman concerts of 2013 he performed Boots Of Spanish Leather (6th November) and Girl From The North Country (7th November).
Certainly moved by the fact that those songs he wrote together seems right in Rome, when he arrived there to meet Suze Rotolo in Italy.
Who knows, there will be other songs to end up in slot n. 14 on this tour?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 14:09 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri April 29th, 2016, 01:44 GMT
Posts: 1107
Location: Heck
I think everyone on this website would enjoy this. The issue is the boomers who go to the show because they recognized the name but have not listened to bob for 40 years and brought their wife who was texting the whole time with her phone on the highest brightness setting will find this to be an excellent time to get up to use the bathroom and buy a $9 beer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 16:03 GMT 

Joined: Mon September 6th, 2010, 04:11 GMT
Posts: 25
IIRC Bob performed Boots twice in the same concert (or at least started it a second time) in the early 90s and can be heard on tape saying something like "it's the same song" before switching the words to Girl. At least at that times the arrangements were very similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 16:06 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 18100
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
Yeah that was funny—“it’s the same chords”...


The 14 slot, along with Masterpiece which is also close to solo on piano (some more than others) has been a highlight since they were introduced last summer. A whole section of such tunes would be great although I don’t expect him to do it.

I’d love to hear some newer tunes get that treatment, like This Dream of You or When The Deal Goes Down or Standing in the Doorway or or or or.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 17:59 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 13th, 2008, 03:43 GMT
Posts: 5161
Mary32 wrote:
I think Dylan should do a little slow piano ballad section, similar to the old acoustic section.

This would be great:

Boots of Spanish Leather
Don't Think Twice
Girl From The North Country.

He could do alternates, Tomorrow Is A Long Time, Mama You Been On My Mind, Mr Tambourine Man.
Would also be great if he made like Billy Joel and sometimes invited his superstar friends up for a piano ballad or two. Imagine the fun we could be having. I think I'm finally starting to get tired of Bob Dylan MBE. HE DOES NOT EVEN BELIEVE IN FUN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 18:37 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue April 9th, 2013, 18:16 GMT
Posts: 391
Location: Dirt Road
Mary32 wrote:
I think Dylan should do a little slow piano ballad section, similar to the old acoustic section.

This would be great:

Boots of Spanish Leather
Don't Think Twice
Girl From The North Country.

Anyone else agree?


This would be extremely boring. Like three Sinatra arrangements in a row. Yaaaawn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue July 2nd, 2019, 13:01 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 18100
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
Spanish is the Loving Tongue, anyone?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue July 2nd, 2019, 17:05 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon November 11th, 2013, 13:02 GMT
Posts: 527
Location: The Land Of Nod
smoke wrote:
Spanish is the Loving Tongue, anyone?


The arrangement by Girl From North Country reminds me immediatly to Spanish is the Loving Tongue. It would be a great surprise for the tour! Keep my fingers crossed :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2019, 07:07 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun April 26th, 2009, 09:31 GMT
Posts: 1175
Location: Mobile
blindjesse wrote:
IIRC Bob performed Boots twice in the same concert (or at least started it a second time) in the early 90s and can be heard on tape saying something like "it's the same song" before switching the words to Girl. At least at that times the arrangements were very similar.
What is IIRC please? I am stupid. I know most medical abbreviations but not all the Dylan ones!

That shout for Spanish is the loving tongue is a great one.

I've always wanted a repeat of the version of lonesome whistle he played briefly in Cardiff in 65 with Johnny cash. More of that stuff is needed I think


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2019, 09:49 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 2801
Pauley wrote:
blindjesse wrote:
IIRC Bob performed Boots twice in the same concert (or at least started it a second time) in the early 90s and can be heard on tape saying something like "it's the same song" before switching the words to Girl. At least at that times the arrangements were very similar.
What is IIRC please? I am stupid. I know most medical abbreviations but not all the Dylan ones!

That shout for Spanish is the loving tongue is a great one.

I've always wanted a repeat of the version of lonesome whistle he played briefly in Cardiff in 65 with Johnny cash. More of that stuff is needed I think


If I Remember Correctly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2019, 11:13 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun April 26th, 2009, 09:31 GMT
Posts: 1175
Location: Mobile
McG wrote:
Pauley wrote:
[quote="blindjesse"]IIRC Bob performed Boots twice in the same concert (or at least started it a second time) in the early 90s and can be heard on tape saying something like "it's the same song" before switching the words to Girl. At least at that times the arrangements were very similar.
What is IIRC please? I am stupid. I know most medical abbreviations but not all the Dylan ones!

That shout for Spanish is the loving tongue is a great one.

I've always wanted a repeat of the version of lonesome whistle he played briefly in Cardiff in 65 with Johnny cash. More of that stuff is needed I think


If I Remember Correctly[/quote]Aaaaah. I should know that. Maybe. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon July 15th, 2019, 09:23 GMT 

Joined: Thu April 25th, 2019, 15:28 GMT
Posts: 196
Maybe next tour.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group