Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu July 18th, 2019, 07:40 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun June 30th, 2019, 09:03 GMT 

I think Dylan should do a little slow piano ballad section, similar to the old acoustic section.

This would be great:

Boots of Spanish Leather
Don't Think Twice
Girl From The North Country.

He could do alternates, Tomorrow Is A Long Time, Mama You Been On My Mind, Mr Tambourine Man.

Anyone else agree?

PostPosted: Sun June 30th, 2019, 09:42 GMT 

Yes!

Maybe if you see her, say hello aswell

PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 12:12 GMT 

I would like to draw attention to how Bob sees the two songs Girl From The North Country and Boots Of Spanish Leather linked. In the Roman concerts of 2013 he performed Boots Of Spanish Leather (6th November) and Girl From The North Country (7th November).
Certainly moved by the fact that those songs he wrote together seems right in Rome, when he arrived there to meet Suze Rotolo in Italy.
Who knows, there will be other songs to end up in slot n. 14 on this tour?

PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 14:09 GMT 

I think everyone on this website would enjoy this. The issue is the boomers who go to the show because they recognized the name but have not listened to bob for 40 years and brought their wife who was texting the whole time with her phone on the highest brightness setting will find this to be an excellent time to get up to use the bathroom and buy a $9 beer.

PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 16:03 GMT 

IIRC Bob performed Boots twice in the same concert (or at least started it a second time) in the early 90s and can be heard on tape saying something like "it's the same song" before switching the words to Girl. At least at that times the arrangements were very similar.

PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 16:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Yeah that was funny—“it’s the same chords”...

The 14 slot, along with Masterpiece which is also close to solo on piano (some more than others) has been a highlight since they were introduced last summer. A whole section of such tunes would be great although I don’t expect him to do it.

I’d love to hear some newer tunes get that treatment, like This Dream of You or When The Deal Goes Down or Standing in the Doorway or or or or.

PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 17:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

Mary32 wrote:
I think Dylan should do a little slow piano ballad section, similar to the old acoustic section.

This would be great:

Boots of Spanish Leather
Don't Think Twice

He could do alternates, Tomorrow Is A Long Time, Mama You Been On My Mind, Mr Tambourine Man.
Would also be great if he made like Billy Joel and sometimes invited his superstar friends up for a piano ballad or two. Imagine the fun we could be having. I think I'm finally starting to get tired of Bob Dylan MBE. HE DOES NOT EVEN BELIEVE IN FUN

PostPosted: Mon July 1st, 2019, 18:37 GMT 

Mary32 wrote:

This would be great:

Boots of Spanish Leather
Don't Think Twice

Anyone else agree?

This would be extremely boring. Like three Sinatra arrangements in a row. Yaaaawn.

PostPosted: Tue July 2nd, 2019, 13:01 GMT 
Promethium Member

Spanish is the Loving Tongue, anyone?

PostPosted: Tue July 2nd, 2019, 17:05 GMT 

smoke wrote:
Spanish is the Loving Tongue, anyone?

The arrangement by Girl From North Country reminds me immediatly to Spanish is the Loving Tongue. It would be a great surprise for the tour! Keep my fingers crossed :D

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2019, 07:07 GMT 

blindjesse wrote:
IIRC Bob performed Boots twice in the same concert (or at least started it a second time) in the early 90s and can be heard on tape saying something like "it's the same song" before switching the words to Girl. At least at that times the arrangements were very similar.
What is IIRC please? I am stupid. I know most medical abbreviations but not all the Dylan ones!

That shout for Spanish is the loving tongue is a great one.

I've always wanted a repeat of the version of lonesome whistle he played briefly in Cardiff in 65 with Johnny cash. More of that stuff is needed I think

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2019, 09:49 GMT 

Pauley wrote:
blindjesse wrote:
What is IIRC please? I am stupid. I know most medical abbreviations but not all the Dylan ones!

I've always wanted a repeat of the version of lonesome whistle he played briefly in Cardiff in 65 with Johnny cash. More of that stuff is needed I think

If I Remember Correctly

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2019, 11:13 GMT 

McG wrote:
Pauley wrote:
[quote="blindjesse"]IIRC Bob performed Boots twice in the same concert (or at least started it a second time) in the early 90s and can be heard on tape saying something like "it's the same song" before switching the words to Girl. At least at that times the arrangements were very similar.

If I Remember Correctly[/quote]Aaaaah. I should know that. Maybe. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon July 15th, 2019, 09:23 GMT 

Maybe next tour.