Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 31st, 2014, 06:11 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu February 10th, 2011, 19:02 GMT 
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 28th, 2004, 08:07 GMT
Posts: 396
Location: Mo i Rana, Norway
Several innocents today asked why they got a message saying they had been banned from Discussions.
- It happened because user "Anonymous" had been banned. This had unforeseen effects, and has now been cancelled. My apologies to all. (I received maybe 30 very polite inquiries and one very nasty one.)

ke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu February 10th, 2011, 19:33 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 26th, 2006, 02:28 GMT
Posts: 23584
Location: I'm in Bostontown in some restaurant.
Thank you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:55 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:05 GMT
Posts: 3115
Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
Pleased to meet you KE & BABF. I'm a new member and pleased to see that the owner and administrative team actually communicate, interact and inform the membership instead of hiding and being non-responsive to questions and concerns the members may have. I find this very refreshing and almost shocking and unbelievable since I have been laboring under a severe dictatorship and can barely stand another minute of it. I feel like a refugee that just stepped foot on a free land.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 16:25 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 26th, 2006, 02:28 GMT
Posts: 23584
Location: I'm in Bostontown in some restaurant.
Leocadia wrote:
I find this very refreshing and almost shocking and unbelievable since I have been laboring under a severe dictatorship and can barely stand another minute of it. I feel like a refugee that just stepped foot on a free land.


:lol: :lol: See? And you thought ER was just another pretty website...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 16:43 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:05 GMT
Posts: 3115
Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Leocadia wrote:
I find this very refreshing and almost shocking and unbelievable since I have been laboring under a severe dictatorship and can barely stand another minute of it. I feel like a refugee that just stepped foot on a free land.


:lol: :lol: See? And you thought ER was just another pretty website...


No, not at all. I've been reading for a while and find most of the members brilliant and blessed with a wonderful sense of humor which is always inviting. Actually, I found out about the high quality of this site from someone I met fairly recently at a Dylan concert. He and his significant other just happened to be staying at the same hotel that I was and I met him in the hotel's breakfast room the morning after the concert. I told him I was a member of a certain site and he sort of pooh-poohed it with a wave of his hand and said "Go on Expecting Rain". He was a very intelligent guy so I figured he knew what he was talking about. He is a very devoted Dylan fan, devoted enough to leave his homeland and follow the tour on pretty much of a shoe string.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 16:46 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri March 2nd, 2007, 15:48 GMT
Posts: 3406
Location: beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Leocadia wrote:
I find this very refreshing and almost shocking and unbelievable since I have been laboring under a severe dictatorship and can barely stand another minute of it. I feel like a refugee that just stepped foot on a free land.


:lol: :lol: See? And you thought ER was just another pretty website...


ER - THE BEST EVAH!! 8) 8) <3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 17:45 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu October 26th, 2006, 02:28 GMT
Posts: 23584
Location: I'm in Bostontown in some restaurant.
Leocadia wrote:
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
No, not at all. I've been reading for a while and find most of the members brilliant and blessed with a wonderful sense of humor which is always inviting. Actually, I found out about the high quality of this site from someone I met fairly recently at a Dylan concert. He and his significant other just happened to be staying at the same hotel that I was and I met him in the hotel's breakfast room the morning after the concert. I told him I was a member of a certain site and he sort of pooh-poohed it with a wave of his hand and said "Go on Expecting Rain". He was a very intelligent guy so I figured he knew what he was talking about. He is a very devoted Dylan fan, devoted enough to leave his homeland and follow the tour on pretty much of a shoe string.


That guy's got impecable taste in websites. :wink: Welcome!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 18:06 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:05 GMT
Posts: 3115
Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
Thank you for the welcome, Boston. Yes, he does have good taste.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 20:21 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2007, 15:58 GMT
Posts: 10478
Location: in the land where dreams are made....
Hello Leocadia welcome to ER
Observer and Data Collector ....hummmmm
Pay attention lots of interesting things and people show up here.....
Where are you from ...besides the 13th floor ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 20:56 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:05 GMT
Posts: 3115
Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
Thanks for the welcome Lily Rose. Where am I from? Hmmmmmmmm Sometimes it feels like the Lagoon Nebula, and sometimes an ultra deep field. But really and truly, it says on my passport that I'm from the USA. I have to check myself at times. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 23:25 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed June 6th, 2007, 15:58 GMT
Posts: 10478
Location: in the land where dreams are made....
Leocadia wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Lily Rose. Where am I from? Hmmmmmmmm Sometimes it feels like the Lagoon Nebula, and sometimes an ultra deep field. But really and truly, it says on my passport that I'm from the USA. I have to check myself at times. :lol:

Ahh.... I wondered. You said you just recently met someone at a Dylan concert, which made me think perhaps you from the land down under or perhaps China. Instead I think we might have a globe trotter.... :P Well, again welcome, have been looking at your post so far.... I am thinking you will be a good addition......beyond here there be dragons.... enjoy!!! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 3rd, 2011, 04:37 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:05 GMT
Posts: 3115
Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
Lily Rose wrote:
Leocadia wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Lily Rose. Where am I from? Hmmmmmmmm Sometimes it feels like the Lagoon Nebula, and sometimes an ultra deep field. But really and truly, it says on my passport that I'm from the USA. I have to check myself at times. :lol:

Ahh.... I wondered. You said you just recently met someone at a Dylan concert, which made me think perhaps you from the land down under or perhaps China. Instead I think we might have a globe trotter.... :P Well, again welcome, have been looking at your post so far.... I am thinking you will be a good addition......beyond here there be dragons.... enjoy!!! :D


Nah, it was in good ol' West Long Branch New Jersey back in November. I guess everyone knows what went on there a few years prior, so I won't bother to elaborate. :roll: :lol: It was a great concert!!!!!

I'm glad you think I will be a good addition, I hope I don't let you down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat October 29th, 2011, 23:45 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri February 11th, 2011, 00:21 GMT
Posts: 4102
Leo, you are the best friend and you make great contributions to this forum. I am just here to support all the budding artists and musicians and to make a complete ass out of myself sometimes! :lol: :lol: I love you a lot you know. :D Love, Joanna XOXOX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun October 30th, 2011, 03:35 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:05 GMT
Posts: 3115
Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Leo, you are the best friend and you make great contributions to this forum. I am just here to support all the budding artists and musicians and to make a complete ass out of myself sometimes! :lol: :lol: I love you a lot you know. :D Love, Joanna XOXOX


Don't make me cry, Joanna. Wait - maybe that would be a good thing. We all know you are a sweetheart, you bring sunshine and hugs and kisses to the forum, and I've never seen you make an ass of yourself, not once. I on the other hand, have many times. It's what I do best.

:cry: :cry: I'm only allowed 2 criers. pffffft


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group