Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 31st, 2014, 06:11 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu February 10th, 2011, 19:02 GMT 
Site Owner

Several innocents today asked why they got a message saying they had been banned from Discussions.
- It happened because user "Anonymous" had been banned. This had unforeseen effects, and has now been cancelled. My apologies to all. (I received maybe 30 very polite inquiries and one very nasty one.)

ke

PostPosted: Thu February 10th, 2011, 19:33 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 15:55 GMT 

Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
Pleased to meet you KE & BABF. I'm a new member and pleased to see that the owner and administrative team actually communicate, interact and inform the membership instead of hiding and being non-responsive to questions and concerns the members may have. I find this very refreshing and almost shocking and unbelievable since I have been laboring under a severe dictatorship and can barely stand another minute of it. I feel like a refugee that just stepped foot on a free land.

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 16:25 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Leocadia wrote:
I find this very refreshing and almost shocking and unbelievable since I have been laboring under a severe dictatorship and can barely stand another minute of it. I feel like a refugee that just stepped foot on a free land.

:lol: :lol: See? And you thought ER was just another pretty website...

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 16:43 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Leocadia wrote:
I find this very refreshing and almost shocking and unbelievable since I have been laboring under a severe dictatorship and can barely stand another minute of it. I feel like a refugee that just stepped foot on a free land.

No, not at all. I've been reading for a while and find most of the members brilliant and blessed with a wonderful sense of humor which is always inviting. Actually, I found out about the high quality of this site from someone I met fairly recently at a Dylan concert. He and his significant other just happened to be staying at the same hotel that I was and I met him in the hotel's breakfast room the morning after the concert. I told him I was a member of a certain site and he sort of pooh-poohed it with a wave of his hand and said "Go on Expecting Rain". He was a very intelligent guy so I figured he knew what he was talking about. He is a very devoted Dylan fan, devoted enough to leave his homeland and follow the tour on pretty much of a shoe string.

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 16:46 GMT 
Senior Moderator

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Leocadia wrote:

ER - THE BEST EVAH!! 8) 8) <3

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 17:45 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Leocadia wrote:
BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
No, not at all. I've been reading for a while and find most of the members brilliant and blessed with a wonderful sense of humor which is always inviting. Actually, I found out about the high quality of this site from someone I met fairly recently at a Dylan concert. He and his significant other just happened to be staying at the same hotel that I was and I met him in the hotel's breakfast room the morning after the concert. I told him I was a member of a certain site and he sort of pooh-poohed it with a wave of his hand and said "Go on Expecting Rain". He was a very intelligent guy so I figured he knew what he was talking about. He is a very devoted Dylan fan, devoted enough to leave his homeland and follow the tour on pretty much of a shoe string.

That guy's got impecable taste in websites. :wink: Welcome!

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 18:06 GMT 

Thank you for the welcome, Boston. Yes, he does have good taste.

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 20:21 GMT 
Mercury Member

Hello Leocadia welcome to ER
Observer and Data Collector ....hummmmm
Pay attention lots of interesting things and people show up here.....
Where are you from ...besides the 13th floor ?

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 20:56 GMT 

Thanks for the welcome Lily Rose. Where am I from? Hmmmmmmmm Sometimes it feels like the Lagoon Nebula, and sometimes an ultra deep field. But really and truly, it says on my passport that I'm from the USA. I have to check myself at times. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011, 23:25 GMT 
Mercury Member

Leocadia wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Lily Rose. Where am I from? Hmmmmmmmm Sometimes it feels like the Lagoon Nebula, and sometimes an ultra deep field. But really and truly, it says on my passport that I'm from the USA. I have to check myself at times. :lol:

Ahh.... I wondered. You said you just recently met someone at a Dylan concert, which made me think perhaps you from the land down under or perhaps China. Instead I think we might have a globe trotter.... :P Well, again welcome, have been looking at your post so far.... I am thinking you will be a good addition......beyond here there be dragons.... enjoy!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 3rd, 2011, 04:37 GMT 

Lily Rose wrote:
Leocadia wrote:

Ahh.... I wondered. You said you just recently met someone at a Dylan concert, which made me think perhaps you from the land down under or perhaps China. Instead I think we might have a globe trotter.... :P Well, again welcome, have been looking at your post so far.... I am thinking you will be a good addition......beyond here there be dragons.... enjoy!!! :D

Nah, it was in good ol' West Long Branch New Jersey back in November. I guess everyone knows what went on there a few years prior, so I won't bother to elaborate. :roll: :lol: It was a great concert!!!!!

I'm glad you think I will be a good addition, I hope I don't let you down.

PostPosted: Sat October 29th, 2011, 23:45 GMT 

Leo, you are the best friend and you make great contributions to this forum. I am just here to support all the budding artists and musicians and to make a complete ass out of myself sometimes! :lol: :lol: I love you a lot you know. :D Love, Joanna XOXOX

PostPosted: Sun October 30th, 2011, 03:35 GMT 

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Leo, you are the best friend and you make great contributions to this forum. I am just here to support all the budding artists and musicians and to make a complete ass out of myself sometimes! :lol: :lol: I love you a lot you know. :D Love, Joanna XOXOX

Don't make me cry, Joanna. Wait - maybe that would be a good thing. We all know you are a sweetheart, you bring sunshine and hugs and kisses to the forum, and I've never seen you make an ass of yourself, not once. I on the other hand, have many times. It's what I do best.

:cry: :cry: I'm only allowed 2 criers. pffffft