Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 12:38 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: To do list
PostPosted: Mon November 1st, 2004, 15:39 GMT 
Site Owner

I know there are several things that need to be fixed on the new site:
- The Who's Who frames at present lead you into a new window when you click on a name.
- The Discussions I had do make open in a new window until I can find out how to link the top logo back to the front page of the site
- The fonts used on the news links are experimental and may change.
- On first load I have seen the old Cornerhop banner appear in the top banner area, and I needed to Reload twice to get rid of it. But it seems to be OK now?
- I would like to have the front page display how many users are logged into Discussions.

Tips on how to achieve any of this will be appreciated.

KE

Post subject: the new site, an idea
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 03:28 GMT 
any time i jump on the internet, your site is the one guaranteed stop I make. i always enjoyed the section where you could look at item's such as "pneumonia ceilings", the list of items that where on the left.

also, i would love a link to the old web site artwork, just so we can check it out for old time sake.

thanks for all your effort,

jason blakeley

Post subject: Re: To do list
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 09:23 GMT 
Congratulations on an excellent new site design. The graphics are fabulous and the html/css is good... I'm sure they'll get even better as you get more comments.

I took a look at the new code. Here are some suggestions for fixing the problems.

Who's Who: in the http://expectingrain.com/dok/who/who.html file, your frames aren't named properly (they are all called "NoName"). I think the code for the main frame should read

<frame name="w" src="whoswho.html" noresize>

Linking back to the home page from the discussions page: I think you need to modify the Sosumi template for the page header. Instead of

<a href="index.php">

you should use something like

<a href="/">

Fonts: my personal preference would be to reduce the amount of bold text on the front page and to change the link colors after they've been visited.

There's also a minor layout issue in the "Discussions: Got something on your mind?" part of the main page when viewed using Firefox. It doesn't align vertically with the rest of the orange areas (it's maybe 15 pixels off).

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 10:14 GMT 
most of the things could be easily fixed by the style definitions.
I could recommend to use non-bold 11px font in the middle, underlined links, and different visited link colour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 16:44 GMT 

How about an off-topic forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 19:13 GMT 

Luna wrote:

It would be good to expand the topics. You might want to have one on books, music, movies, etc. Just an idea to expand the number of posts and generate more discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 20:30 GMT 

Sydlaughs wrote:
Luna wrote:

It would be good to expand the topics. You might want to have one on books, music, movies, etc. Just an idea to expand the number of posts and generate more discussion.

For example:
http://www.my-back-pages.com

Also, the admin. of this site may want to disable the guest posting feature... that always leads to trouble... there are already a few trolls that have stunk up the place here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 2nd, 2004, 20:37 GMT 

Luna wrote:
Also, the admin. of this site may want to disable the guest posting feature... that always leads to trouble... there are already a few trolls that have stunk up the place here.

I agree...the trolls can kill a discussion forum in no time. It would be a shame to see that happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu November 4th, 2004, 09:13 GMT 
Agreed!!!

Post subject: what happened?
PostPosted: Mon November 15th, 2004, 18:22 GMT 
to the trading forum,take one/leave one,and the freebies forum?