Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 22nd, 2014, 06:19 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: CROZ Site availability
PostPosted: Wed July 14th, 2010, 16:53 GMT 

Is anybody else getting an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error when trying to open Croz sites? Some have said the sites are back up but I keep getting this error. I am not getting an error on any other sites I try to open. Any thoughts on why this is occuring?

PostPosted: Wed July 14th, 2010, 17:32 GMT 

I just opened http://croz.fm in IE 7 without problems.

The usual suggestion is to clear your browser cache/history. If that doesn't work you might want to try the site's IP address http://78.159.125.11/ and if that doesn't work, I'd try another browser, such as FireFox, Chrome, or Safari.

PostPosted: Fri July 16th, 2010, 23:31 GMT 

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately none of them worked. My guess is it is something on the Corz sites side. Nothing else makes sense. I have an email into Croz, a resend of the one I sent when I subscribed. Maybe my IP address somehow is beign blocked.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun July 25th, 2010, 23:56 GMT 

Weird Monkey - I also subscribed and stopped being able to access the Crzo site at the beginning of July. I was able to get onto it after June 19 when it went to subscription. I sent Croz a few emails and he finally responded last week saying that the forums were subscription only. Up to that point, I thought that something had happened to him. I wrote back to him that I was a subscriber but haven't heard from him in a few days. I think that the explanation of the site being blocked makes sense but as said, I did subscribe so it's really disturbing. I really not accessing it.

PostPosted: Mon July 26th, 2010, 17:15 GMT 

Hmm. I, too, am a subscriber, and I too am getting the "cannot display the webpage" message. I can however log on from other people's computers, which leads me to believe that the problem lies with my ISP.

PostPosted: Mon July 26th, 2010, 18:07 GMT 

Poker Bill - I'm assuming the other people are subscribers, right? Did you email Croz? I'm hoping he's aware that there is a problem.

PostPosted: Mon July 26th, 2010, 21:25 GMT 

No, what I meant was, I can log in as myself from other people's computers, but not from my own. Sorry. Should have made myself clearer. Anyway, that's why I assumed it was my ISP, but thinking about it, it may be the router or the modem. I honestly have no idea.

And, no, I haven't emailed Croz. If the problem's at my end, there's not much he can do about it. There's evidently some kind of problem that we all share though, and I am kind of curious as to what it is.

PostPosted: Tue July 27th, 2010, 02:17 GMT 

I did a general google search to see if others had this problem and I found a few people who subscribed but were unable to access the forums. Most, including me, thought that something happened to Croz but I did get an email from him so he must be ok. But, he just told me that it's now a subscription service. I wrote back last week and told him that I was a subscriber but he hasn't answered.

When you've been able to get on the site, did it seem like it's been updated? Has he been adding music? My guess is that somehow someway people are blocked from the site from their own IP address. I'm hoping that Croz is aware and working to fix it. I miss that site.

PostPosted: Tue July 27th, 2010, 09:59 GMT 

That has been my problem also. My computer can't pull up the site, though others can and I am listed as a subscriber. Not sure if it is my computer (just got a new one with a different security provider) or if our ISPs are somehow marked as blocked on the CROZ site. I have an email into Croz but have not heard back. Not sure what else to do at this point.

PostPosted: Tue July 27th, 2010, 16:12 GMT 

Yep. I think that's about the size of it. The site is still up and running (least it was last time I checked, over a week ago now) but we can't access it. It's nothing to do with whether or not we're subscribers, because we can't even get so far as the log in page. So the problem's something to do with us, not Croz.

I miss the site too, but I'm pretty much resigned to living without it. I don't want to fling accusations about, but I strongly suspect my ISP.

PostPosted: Tue July 27th, 2010, 20:41 GMT 

Isn't it more likely that it is something on Croz's end? If many people, who use different ISPs, can't access it then it's probably at that end. I'm hoping he'll get around to checking his emails and discover that it is not isolated.

PostPosted: Tue July 27th, 2010, 22:40 GMT 

Oddly enough I have no issues with any other download site. At this point I accept my subscription payment as thanks to Croz for all the music I did find on his site.

PostPosted: Tue August 10th, 2010, 21:19 GMT 

Weird Monkey & Poker Bill - give the Croz forums another try. There was a problem bu it's been fixed.

PostPosted: Tue August 10th, 2010, 21:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

its great that he's got the ttrh site working again, a real loss that his eclectic 'live' section is no longer there - he has great taste.... i'm guessing not enough subscribers, shame. i'd like to say a big thanks to patrick for his many past goodies.

PostPosted: Wed August 11th, 2010, 20:40 GMT 

Thanks for the heads up, nb587!

PostPosted: Wed October 27th, 2010, 23:08 GMT 

he's offline again....

PostPosted: Thu October 28th, 2010, 20:54 GMT 

http://croz.fm/pages/ttrh.html

I've been going on all week, donated a bit a while back, too --