Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue November 25th, 2014, 22:59 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 16:50 GMT 

LaRue, what a love you are! Any idea when you'll be arriving? We'll try and queue early as we'll be on site anyway and the darn place will probably be noisy all night so we'll have had no sleep anyway.

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 17:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

Well we're camping too friday night. Not sure what kind of state we'll be in on saturday though... I'm not sure when I'm going to start queuing though. 9:00? When do the gates open?

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 18:12 GMT 

According to my ticket, gates open at 11:30. I get into London at about 7:30 AM so can probably get to Hop Farm for any time after 8, but I reckon I'll have a coffee first and maybe aim for sometime after 9, see you all at the rail! I was at the front for the Dead Weather last night which was tremendous fun but hoping Bob can better them. :D

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 19:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

9 it is then! When I finalise my outfit I'll let you all know, so you can recognise me! haha. Holy hell, you're arriving in London at 7:30? From Scotland? That's an early early start! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:07 GMT 

LaRue wrote:
9 it is then! When I finalise my outfit I'll let you all know, so you can recognise me! haha. Holy hell, you're arriving in London at 7:30? From Scotland? That's an early early start! :shock:

haha, yeah I have to get a bus at 10:30 pm overnight, Rock and Roll! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

Wow! Impressed! Going back the same way? A damnsight cheaper than those bloody expensive camping tickets we got!

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:17 GMT 

LaRue wrote:
Wow! Impressed! Going back the same way? A damnsight cheaper than those bloody expensive camping tickets we got!

yeah, and with the money i saved I can get a B&B to sleep in :D

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:28 GMT 
Titanium Member

nice one! so excited! Wooooooooooooooooooo!! :D

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:31 GMT 

Hi everyone. I'm going as Bob is very kindly playing his only UK gig on my birthday - but not sure what time I'll arrive - maybe around 12 noon. Bob tee is a good idea but it looks like the weather is going to be hot - hoooray! - so I'll maybe wear something cooler. If anyone here wants to meet up, pm me for mobile no. Would be nice to get close to the stage but what chance of that other than early arrival? (I'm really too old for festivals !!!)

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:45 GMT 

I'll be leaving from London Waterloo at 7:03, which is already outrageously early for me :lol: And considering Ray Davies and Dylan won't play till later in the evening...God, it'll be a looong wait under the sun. I'd be happy so meet some of you expectingrainers out there. :)

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:50 GMT 

Let's all wear flowers! We'll look like complete ----heads but there'll be safety in numbers. Flowers, real or artificial, or gift-wrapped to throw to the Bob (in the latter case wilted by evening of course). Maybe we could just wave our floral decorations at him instead.

Mysticgarden and I, being ancient, will of course just look like daft old hippies. :mrgreen:

My daughter has a glorious purple floppy hat with stylised flowers all over it. It actually looks OK on me too, might ask to borrow it...

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 20:55 GMT 

onemorecup wrote:
Let's all wear flowers! We'll look like complete ----heads but there'll be safety in numbers. Flowers, real or artificial, or gift-wrapped to throw to the Bob (in the latter case wilted by evening of course). Maybe we could just wave our floral decorations at him instead.

Mysticgarden and I, being ancient, will of course just look like daft old hippies. :mrgreen:

haha, nice idea, peace and love and all that. However, i might run the risk of looking just a little too effemminate if i were to cover myself in flowers...

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:00 GMT 
Titanium Member

Hahaha, you won't get my manly men in flowers! Sadly my camp friend sold his ticket to another friend, as he has prefect duties he can't get out of on saturday :(

I'm up for flowers! I'll have to readjust what I'm going to wear...I was going to wear my brown feathered head band, but i've got a pink/purple flower clip which I can put in my hair. Though the colour doesn't quite match the shirt I was planning to wear over my bob t shirt (no doubt i'll strip that off...)
anyway, i'll probably be in this:
http://www.bobdylanstore.com/Merchandis ... boo-Circus

It's my favourite (and most flattering) Bob teeshirt! :mrgreen: Just post which shirt you're going to wear.

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:11 GMT 

mysticgarden wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm going as Bob is very kindly playing his only UK gig on my birthday - but not sure what time I'll arrive - maybe around 12 noon. Bob tee is a good idea but it looks like the weather is going to be hot - hoooray! - so I'll maybe wear something cooler. If anyone here wants to meet up, pm me for mobile no. Would be nice to get close to the stage but what chance of that other than early arrival? (I'm really too old for festivals !!!)

Ha! I think you'll find he's playing because it's the day after MY Birthday. I told him I was busy Friday.

I told Van too but he's a miserable little man and wasn't listening!

EDIT: Also is there a place to see who is playing when?

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:15 GMT 

Ok. I'll be wearing a Bob-related t shirt. It doesn't have his name or picture on it, but it's indeed a Bob-related t-shirt. I'll pay a beer to the first one of you that recognizes me :)

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:16 GMT 
Titanium Member

oh dear...I'm going to be shouting "are you plexus?" to everyone who walks past. Is it a Triumph Tshirt?

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:17 GMT 

A wide (haha) choice of shirts. Will go through them tomorrow and decide. If it's chilly I will bring that brown Bob hoody I wore at the Roundhouse. Will probably wear something different under the Bob shirt for the show, it must be miserable for him to glance down at the front row (we live in hope!) and see his own face 'through the ages' reproduced in multiplicate. I would hate that.

@gibsona07:

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:26 GMT 

:D i'd really love to but where can one find such a hat at such short notice?

I'll tell you what, i'll add some flowers to my straw ttrilby, hows that?

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:28 GMT 

I'm also heading to this from London on Saturday.

I'm torn because I want to get there early and be near the front, but I know that doing so will mean I have to endure Pete Doherty.... :(

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:32 GMT 

LaRue wrote:
oh dear...I'm going to be shouting "are you plexus?" to everyone who walks past. Is it a Triumph Tshirt?

Shite. Do I really have to search for a new t-shirt now?
Alright, which beer you want... :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:38 GMT 

Does anyone know if the train tickets from St. Pancras to Paddock Wood by Southeastern Trains are a fixed price (I see they're 17 pounds for a single ticket now) or are flexible. I don't want to arrive at the station and pay 50 pounds or something.

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:47 GMT 

What songs are we all wanting from Bob?

I'm worried about the rotation of set-lists. Bob has a habbit of playing hattie carol and hollis brown on a saturday, last time I saw bob was on a saturday and as much as I love those two songs I'd be happy if Bob just stayed away from them.

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 21:55 GMT 

I wouldn't worry about usual rotation...

As it's a festival he will most likely play his "Greatest Hits" Set.

I sure hope not though. I'd love him to realise that as he is the headliner most people in the audience will be big fans and want a few hidden gems.

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 22:06 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
What songs are we all wanting from Bob?

I'm worried about the rotation of set-lists. Bob has a habbit of playing hattie carol and hollis brown on a saturday, last time I saw bob was on a saturday and as much as I love those two songs I'd be happy if Bob just stayed away from them.

I'd love to hear those 2 (even if I heard them on my last Saturday gig also).

I'd be happy with anything from TTL as I've yet to hear any of it live. Girl From The North Country would also pretty much make my day :)

PostPosted: Mon June 28th, 2010, 22:15 GMT 

I've got three (realistic) favourites:
Not Dark Yet
Cold Irons Bound
Ballad of a Thin Man (pretty sure he'll play this one)

Other ones I'd love to see:
Man In The Long Black Coat (guitar)
Blind Willie McTell (centre stage)
Tangled Up In Blue (guitar)
Workingman's Blues (centre stage)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next