Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 11th, 2017, 05:54 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 19th, 2010, 16:47 GMT 

hiya folks!... ya can catch bob's neat "theme time radio hour" with your xm radio's satellite fishin' net again!... (just scoop into that "deep tracks" current on wednesday at 11 am et... and again around midnight for a replay'a the day's show etc!)... heard "more birds" today!... enjoy!... the best'a wishes'n'ways'n'todays to ya'n'all!... here's to the spirit'a bob's neat songs'n'all and lotsa his neat tunes'n'their doin's to each'n'everyone!... yepper indeed!... :)

PostPosted: Wed May 19th, 2010, 22:03 GMT 

Hi sallysense, thanks for the infomation. Good to see you around

PostPosted: Thu May 20th, 2010, 13:14 GMT 

hiya nightly moth'n'all!... neat to see ya too!... and yepper!... the repeats'a these shows still got the fun'n'feelings of first run listenings to 'em and thanks to their host too!... those diverse tones'n'gists of his spoken bits sure gotta way'a their own in bringin' a wide array of enjoyable songs'n'types together under one theme!... and the layers'a his humor flow into each replay with different stuff poppin' up that gets ya gigglin' out loud all over again!... hehehe... yeah really!... like a light-hearted theme park of air waves to ride on!... yepper alright!... the best'a wishes'n'ways'n'todays to you'n'everyone!... yes indeed!... :)

PostPosted: Thu May 20th, 2010, 20:15 GMT 

Yup I agree sallysense : ) There's definitely different stuff popping up each listen. All these shows I will listen over and over in times, I know it

PostPosted: Wed May 26th, 2010, 16:25 GMT 

hiya nightly moth'n'all!... and yepper alright!... (and today the "war" show played again... and more so deep-hearted rather than light-hearted... as bob spoke'a how it's harmful to humans etc)... the best'a wishes'n'ways'n'todays to ya'n'all!... :)

and on another note... from the car to the parlor with xm when ya don't gotta home kit!...

(how to take your xm radio from the car to the parlor with 7 items and 5 easy steps!... hehehe)...

get these things together and set 'em on a chair or wherever...

a... the small xm radio box (it has the screen on it etc)...
b... the little xm antenna'n'wire (it's that little box that's about the size'a 4 quarters stacked up with a long thin wire tail to it)...
c... a car stereo head unit (like a radio-cd player unit taken out of a car's dashboard before it goes to the junkyard...
d... an audio speaker salvaged from a car before it went to the junkyard...
e... a 12 volt battery charger.. (the kind ya plug in when ya wanna charge up your car battery)...
f... a car cigarette lighter plug and 12 volt adapter...
g... some 3.5 mm audio wire...

and then do this stuff...

1... hook the red and yellow wires from the stereo head unit together and then hook 'em both to the positive wire of the car cigarette lighter plug and 12 volt adapter and then hook that to the positive lead of the 12 volt battery charger...
2... hook the black ground wire from the stereo head unit to the black ground wire of the 12 volt adapter (for cigarette lighter plug) and then hook 'em both to the negative lead of the battery charger...
3... hook the audio speaker to one'a the stereo head unit's speaker channels...
4... run your antenna wire and park that little xm antenna where ya can get a signal (like between some venetian blinds at a window)...
5... run some 3.5 audio wire from the small xm radio box to the stereo head unit and plug in your battery charger and then power 'em on and turn the stereo head unit to auxilliary and then tune into deep tracks and bob's neat "theme time radio hour"!...

and if ya already got some kinda home stereo or radio with a 3.5 mm jack where you're at ya can use that instead with your xm radio box and antenna and a speaker etc...

(and gee though... ya know how they add those disclaimers that tell folks not to try somethin' at home on their own without first consulting a professional... well now ya know what to do)...

and lotsa bob's neat songs'n'other stuff to each'n'everyone too!... yessiree!... :)

PostPosted: Wed May 26th, 2010, 17:04 GMT 

sallysense wrote:
from the car to the parlor with xm when ya don't gotta home kit!...

I appreciate the ingenuity :lol: although I personally find it much easier to simply subscribe to the online stream and plug my iPhone into my home stereo.

PostPosted: Thu May 27th, 2010, 00:07 GMT 

What's this about sallysense! I will have to reread your instructions... I have no idea what you are talking about :p
I think maybe because I don't have any of the items in the list I'm gettin gconfused

PostPosted: Wed June 2nd, 2010, 17:32 GMT 

hiya fred@dreamtime’n’all!... and gee... almost brings to mind...

///
o
U

"say son!... so what did ya learn on your iphone in math class today?!"...

oo
o
u

"i learned that xm = the radios of a circle!"...

(hehehe)...

and gee now... as far as today's theme goes... gonna check out the alley where that fruit bowls again... (they say the next lane over has some sour grapes fillin' in since a banana gotta split!... hehehe)...

hope there's a neat day hangin' around yours'n'all necks'a-our-world's-woods!... yepper!... :)

hiya nightly moth'n'all!... and well... guess it's kinda like a homemade way'a tryin' to do somethin' yourself when ya ain't got all the main name brand stuff in hand...

and gee... forgot to mention that wire nuts and tire tape come in handy for holding wire connections together too!... yepper!...

and also forgot to add that before ya turn it on... take the plug-wire on the12 volt adapter (that ya hooked to the cigarette lighter plug) and plug it into the "dc-in" hole on the little xm radio box...

and hopefully here's a couple'a pictures to give ya a better idea... (gonna try to post 'em anyway)...

and gee though... ya know how years ago they had those crystal radio science kits where ya could put the parts together at home and make your own crude radio... well gee now... how 'bout a science kit for a make-it-yourself-at-home satellite radio... (air wave balloon included too)...

the best'a wishes'n'ways'n'todays and lotsa bob's neat tunes'n'their doin's and his other neat stuff to ya'n'all too!... yessiree!... :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallysense/4663321207/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallysense/4663943622/

PostPosted: Wed June 2nd, 2010, 19:03 GMT 

Yup wire nuts and tape are needed.

What other stuff do you make Sally?

I want to start making more things

PostPosted: Wed June 9th, 2010, 17:23 GMT 

hiya nightly moth'n'all!... and gee now... well... how 'bout this...

(decisions to make)...

assorted decisions sit on top of his workbench...
strewn in various stages... under different intents...
some nearly finished... a few just begun...
from earnest endeavors to plain harmless fun!...

close by lay those implements for things he creates...
they're used to complete these decisions he makes...
between full contemplation and a long golden rule...
stands a wide range of input from all types of tools!...

there's a meter to monitor his heart and his soul...
and more mental utensils to plug in overall...
with adjustable gadgets that fit mindset sizes...
and snap into place as the brain realizes!...

in a corner hang tools which look almost brand new...
he strives not use them for the harm they can do...
violence and greed and unfairness among them...
stay as far out of reach as the day malice hung them!...

he'd made this decision one time i dropped by...
to let other people see how hard he tries...
so i watched him decide on an issue in view...
before i fell into line at my own workbench too!...

and gee... speakin'a making decisions... and with today's show theme "street maps" in mind... they decided to pave this alley here and give it its own name... (which they recently did)... so gee now... will they decide to put it on a street map too ?... (hehehe!)...

anyways... the best'a wishes'n'ways'n'todays and lotsa bob's neat songs'n'other neat stuff to ya'n'all!... yepperee!... :)