Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed July 30th, 2014, 11:05 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon April 26th, 2010, 18:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

Kent you tell?

PostPosted: Mon April 26th, 2010, 19:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

onemorecup...where did you book your tickets? I did it on the hop farm website and I got sent an e ticket. It appears to be it. Well I don't know...I had to put in my address. Only after getting the ticket I realised I (well technically my dad) put the wrong address in. Well done :roll: I'll ask my friends what is going on with their tix.

PostPosted: Mon April 26th, 2010, 22:29 GMT 

Oh great...I booked with them too, before Easter. I'll wait for a reply to my email tomorrow before I do anything else. There's 2 months to sort it all out... sigh.

PostPosted: Tue April 27th, 2010, 07:22 GMT 

onemorecup wrote:
Has anyone actually received their tickets yet? This seems like a weird way of doing things. Why suddenly announce that we have to pay for another ticket for Friday? I have emailed Hop Farm where I bought my Saturday and camping tickets because they didn't send me a booking reference number. I had to contact them originally to confirm that the sale had gone through and had only a brief reply to say that the tickets would be mailed to me, but no indication of when.

onemorecup gets her knickers in a twist again. (panties in a bunch?) :oops:

LaRue, no more Cardiff disasters! Keep in touch.

I haven't got mine yet either and I booked a couple of days after Dylan was confirmed. Good to know it's not just me at least!

PostPosted: Tue April 27th, 2010, 10:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

It's a year since the Roundhouse!!

I will be at CSN at the Albert Hall; sigh!

PostPosted: Tue April 27th, 2010, 15:56 GMT 
Titanium Member

stephenoxford wrote:
It's a year since the Roundhouse!!

I know! I can't believe it, had a bit of reminising yesterday. Without a doubt one of my favourite days of 2009.

PostPosted: Tue April 27th, 2010, 22:23 GMT 

Enjoy your CSN outing, Stephen. I remember the Roundhouse day with great pleasure. Perhaps not the best Dylan show ever for some, but memorable indeed. First time I met fellow friendly ER'ers and a lovely companiable day and evening out with some interesting encounters with band members and a charming little dance from Bob who really seems at least 10 years younger than his actual age.

Had a reply from the Hop Farm today with my booking number and assuring me that I would be contacted re special offer for Friday/Saturday. All good.

PostPosted: Thu April 29th, 2010, 09:42 GMT 
Titanium Member

You must both let me know what it's like and pick up any good souvenirs for me!!

PostPosted: Thu April 29th, 2010, 11:42 GMT 

Can't make it.I won't have any money left after Lyon,Nice and Marseilles.That'll do me though.

PostPosted: Thu April 29th, 2010, 12:32 GMT 

Jackernaut wrote:
onemorecup wrote:
Has anyone actually received their tickets yet? This seems like a weird way of doing things. Why suddenly announce that we have to pay for another ticket for Friday? I have emailed Hop Farm where I bought my Saturday and camping tickets because they didn't send me a booking reference number. I had to contact them originally to confirm that the sale had gone through and had only a brief reply to say that the tickets would be mailed to me, but no indication of when.

I haven't got mine yet either and I booked a couple of days after Dylan was confirmed. Good to know it's not just me at least!

I ordered from SEE tickets and the conf email sd this :Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us.

----------------------
Regarding the very special offer, check ur spam folder, that's where I found mine. And like someone sd its only 5 pounds cheaper. I think i'll pass

PostPosted: Fri April 30th, 2010, 08:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

Sounds a bit dodgy and amateurish?

PostPosted: Sat May 1st, 2010, 09:37 GMT 

Hopefully amateurish enough that since I got the weekend camp-ground pass, I'll be able to just sneak in the concert grounds fri night 8) I went to Bonnaroo festival in TN 4 or 5 yrs in a row and only paid the year Dylan played :) But by the last year, they were really catching on to people like me.
I like the idea that its still a smaller not so commercialized festival as all the rest.

PostPosted: Sat May 1st, 2010, 18:25 GMT 

seeing as Van the Man is playing on the friday before Bob and has no gigs immediately after, what are the odds that he'll hang around and interupt Bob's set as he's done a few times in the past? just speculating...

PostPosted: Sat May 1st, 2010, 20:26 GMT 

Jackernaut wrote:
onemorecup wrote:

After reading a recent newspaper article about festivals being cancelled and people not getting their money back after buying tickets direct, I opted for Ticketmaster (despite their charges) and ticket has already arrived,

PostPosted: Sat May 1st, 2010, 20:41 GMT 
Titanium Member

Not all of me is going to Kent. There's a part of me that Kent be bothered.

PostPosted: Sun May 2nd, 2010, 01:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

Who Is ALL going to Kent? Well I thought I might send my right foot to canterbury next week it that helps?

PostPosted: Sun May 2nd, 2010, 22:52 GMT 

Half of me will be there, but not my significant other half...(party time!) :D

PostPosted: Mon May 3rd, 2010, 06:10 GMT 

As its only an hour from London we visited the Hop Farm site yesterday(They were holding The Kent County Fair) ...its massive, and totally well organised ,with regular events attended by 20 000 plus people, masses of parking, loads of space for camping. A couple of words of warning though....The approach roads are mostly quite small, dont cut it too fine if you're arriving by car,locals report massive queues on the days of big events, also the Food seemed very over -priced,even by London standards. Those two points aside, it looks a great site for a festval. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 3rd, 2010, 20:10 GMT 

Hollis, is there any public transportation going close to the venue? I've never even been to London, so I have no idea what to expect. Is hitch-hiking dangerous around there?

PostPosted: Mon May 3rd, 2010, 20:28 GMT 

Lisa...if your starting point is London you need Charring Cross station, its about a 50 minute journey to Paddock Wood Station, where you can get a shuttle bus to the Hop Farm...dont even consider hitch hiking :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 3rd, 2010, 20:48 GMT 

Wow thanks for the quick reply and good info, Hollis :D That sounds easy enough...Now I def won't hitch-hike. U probably just saved my life! 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 3rd, 2010, 22:30 GMT 

Sounds like (if we ever get our tickets) we'll have to get up at a non-relaxing hour to head back up North and get anywhere like home before midnight on Sunday. Ugh. If the roads around the site are anything like Glastonbury there will be people like me circa 1982 with broken-down cars littering the place waiting for a tow! A great (haha) adventure at the time but different years later when you've got a kid who needs to get back for school. (Not that I'm not looking forward to it or anything, I just have to keep thinking positive).

I plan to stay somewhere overnight on the way down, within striking distance so will set off on Thursday afternoon as soon as we can and get up early on Friday.

It's a bit sad that no-one dares hitch-hike anymore. It was still a common thing to do in the 80s but not ever a great idea to do so on your own. There were plenty of kind people who stopped for you. The only problem I ever encountered was a bloke who insisted on taking us but was only going about 3 miles before turning off to somewhere totally obscure leaving us in a place where it was nearly impossible to get another lift!

PostPosted: Mon May 3rd, 2010, 23:43 GMT 

I used to hitch-hike around a bit too when I was younger and more reckless. I was always lucky, except for that one time near San Francisco when the this guy started driving out of control, got us lost in Sonoma county and then when I suggested we turn back, he sd "You're making me have to smoke crack!" (which he had been doing the whole time meanwhile and I just had no clue---no wonder he kept stopping to use the bathroom, ask for directions, etc so much). At one point, he even told me my face would be on posters all over the North Beach, 'Have you seen this girl'. It got worst when he started sucking methadone out of a Tylenol bottle. But luckily he was all talk and I ended up getting away. Yes, America's got some nutjobs. Hmmm well guess I should have learned a permanent lesson NOT to hitch-hike from that, come to think of it :shock:

Do you have to travel far to get to Kent, One more cup? I was wondering if taking the shuttle will be faster than driving a car for u. Of course, having a car is always nice though when your camping...

PostPosted: Tue May 4th, 2010, 23:16 GMT 

I'm from the north of England. I will be driving, with daughter and camping gear but plan to spend a comfortable night in a budget hotel on the way down, with dinner cooked by someone else before bed. I hope we can park next to our tent pitch at the festival. It's so much easier than toting your tent etc around and hopefully will make our exit on Sunday morning a bit quicker. There will still be a week of school for her when we get home.

Post subject: Dylan coming to Kent.
PostPosted: Wed May 5th, 2010, 10:44 GMT 

I am a young Dylan fan, it's great how he still gains more fans so far into his career.

Just bought tickets the Hop Farm Festival in July could not believe he was coming to Kent.

Anyone else going??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next