Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri July 25th, 2014, 10:33 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 19:12 GMT 

sorry, looks like I've got it wrong.

I'd read somewhere that day or weekend tickets would be available and that the Sunday line-up would be announced later but there's no mention of this on their own web site, also the camp site closes mid day Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 19:42 GMT 

From the 'gates' information it looks like there will be some entertainments on the Friday night, perhaps some who haven't yet been announced.

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 21:21 GMT 

Anyone from Sussex going if so PM me?

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 22:51 GMT 

shakey wrote:
sorry, looks like I've got it wrong.

I'd read somewhere that day or weekend tickets would be available and that the Sunday line-up would be announced later but there's no mention of this on their own web site, also the camp site closes mid day Sunday.

Yeah until I went to their website I thought it was a two day festival, I'm sure I read somewhere about a day ticket and weekend ticket. Or maybe I just saw day ticket price and assumed there was a weekend ticket. Seems cool though you can pay the extra £25 and have two nights camping- I might do that. and like someone said it looks like the arena opens on the Friday night too so I guess there will be something on then. I like the no sponsorship/branding thing too

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 22:55 GMT 

Actually maybe not any other artists on the Friday night? .... It says this on the website

Arena Gates
Friday: 17.00 - 00.00
Saturday: 11.00 - 2.00
Band Curfew: 11.30

Retail, Concessions and Fun Fair will be open to campers on Friday 2 Jul.

...Be cool if there were some good local bands or something on on the Friday at least

PostPosted: Tue March 30th, 2010, 19:34 GMT 

Ray Davies of the Kinks has just been added to the lineup! 8)

PostPosted: Tue March 30th, 2010, 20:48 GMT 

Really!? This line up looks good

Can anyone else not get the website working I've been trying for a bit?

http://www.hopfarmfestival.com/

PostPosted: Wed March 31st, 2010, 13:10 GMT 

We are definitely going!! We live only 7 miles from it!!
We offer accomodation as well, so if you don fancy getting wet and prefer a B&B, send us an email at casaenkent@gmail.com before we are booked up. We would obviously take you there and back with us if you want to.

PostPosted: Wed March 31st, 2010, 17:40 GMT 

I've imagined it will be sunny. I think the sun will shine that day I feel it in my bones

PostPosted: Wed March 31st, 2010, 19:08 GMT 

nightly moth wrote:
I've imagined it will be sunny. I think the sun will shine that day I feel it in my bones

hope so :D

PostPosted: Wed March 31st, 2010, 19:16 GMT 

You know this Foy Vance bloke? I didn't know of him but just been watching a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL8A-b9XZaI he seems pretty interesting. It says on website other major acts to follow too.

PostPosted: Wed March 31st, 2010, 19:25 GMT 

Whoever mentioned Laura Marling, yeah I like her too, only just listened this one song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNxar07_9YA, but I'm going to listen more. Like her voice

PostPosted: Wed March 31st, 2010, 22:03 GMT 

Gosh - she is good. I ordered her new album on the strength of that review on the front page of ER today! This is not usually the kind of thing I do. At first I was worried by that glottal stop which can sound so irritatingly affected, but I continued listening and soon got over it. I hope it's all this good.

I'm going to see Ray Davies in May so I get an encore in July! I wonder if his setlist will change? :) Dylan seems to like the Kinks. Wonder if they'll have a chat that day?

PostPosted: Wed March 31st, 2010, 22:21 GMT 

I didn't see that review I'll have to have a look. I've been wanting to see Ray Davies for a while, really glad he's playing. Mmm yep maybe they will chat haha

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 17:10 GMT 

nightly moth wrote:
Whoever mentioned Laura Marling, yeah I like her too, only just listened this one song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNxar07_9YA, but I'm going to listen more. Like her voice

That was the song that got me into laura Marling. I recently bought her first album Alas, I cannot swim. Its pretty good. Haven't got round to buying her new album yet.

Here's a couple of her new songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QirL0HXnyS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvwWzcLfH-k

PostPosted: Thu April 1st, 2010, 19:15 GMT 

With Davies added to the line-up I'm seriously considering going to the festival. I saw him last december (with his choir) and it was the best concert I've ever attended.

PostPosted: Fri April 23rd, 2010, 11:34 GMT 

Just been announced that it will be a 2 day festival and Van Morrison will headline the Friday

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100423b.shtml

PostPosted: Fri April 23rd, 2010, 17:01 GMT 

if i already bought a ticket, do ya think it gives me access to the friday show as well- now that they changed it? I cant remember what i paid already

PostPosted: Fri April 23rd, 2010, 17:27 GMT 

I think you have to buy a ticket to enter the area. Its says on the website to contact your ticketing agent because there is a "special offer to complete their weekend pass" for those who have already bought a Saturday and camping ticket.

PostPosted: Fri April 23rd, 2010, 18:11 GMT 

ok thanks. :)

PostPosted: Fri April 23rd, 2010, 19:43 GMT 

Has anybody heard from The Original Dr Filth? need to pay him for my ticket but it appears he hasnt been on here for a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Fri April 23rd, 2010, 19:57 GMT 

lulu wrote:
I think you have to buy a ticket to enter the area. Its says on the website to contact your ticketing agent because there is a "special offer to complete their weekend pass" for those who have already bought a Saturday and camping ticket.

i heard it was just a £5 discount. Pretty ridiculous to be honest. I think i'll stick with Bob on the Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon April 26th, 2010, 06:49 GMT 

onemorecup wrote:
Gosh - she is good. I ordered her new album on the strength of that review on the front page of ER today! This is not usually the kind of thing I do. At first I was worried by that glottal stop which can sound so irritatingly affected, but I continued listening and soon got over it. I hope it's all this good.

I'm going to see Ray Davies in May so I get an encore in July! I wonder if his setlist will change? :) Dylan seems to like the Kinks. Wonder if they'll have a chat that day?

Laura's new album is much darker than Alas I Cannot Swim, she has a voice that sucks you in and engages you even though it normally wouldn't be my bag. There is going to be another album from her released later this year too.

PostPosted: Mon April 26th, 2010, 17:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

God knows why...well actually it's because I'm spending my summer in Tanzania so have zero chance of catching him then, but I've decided to go to Hope Farm! :shock:

Meh, you only live once. Plus I'm looking forward to my friends popping their Bob cherries. Should be fun! Hope to see some of you there! (especially you onemorecup! We're not having another Cardiff disaster!)

PostPosted: Mon April 26th, 2010, 18:56 GMT 

Has anyone actually received their tickets yet? This seems like a weird way of doing things. Why suddenly announce that we have to pay for another ticket for Friday? I have emailed Hop Farm where I bought my Saturday and camping tickets because they didn't send me a booking reference number. I had to contact them originally to confirm that the sale had gone through and had only a brief reply to say that the tickets would be mailed to me, but no indication of when.

onemorecup gets her knickers in a twist again. (panties in a bunch?) :oops:

LaRue, no more Cardiff disasters! Keep in touch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next