Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon September 1st, 2014, 18:32 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Who's all going to Kent?
PostPosted: Wed March 17th, 2010, 18:14 GMT 

I'm considering getting tickets to go see Bob again at the Hop Farm Festival. I know the idea of rainy festivals arent too popular here but, hey i'm young and life is short. :D

Im just intreseted as to how many are going to go (especially if any of them can give a poor boy a lift from scotland... :roll: )

So here we come Kent! 8)

PostPosted: Wed March 17th, 2010, 18:27 GMT 

I'm not that young and life is shorter than you think. I'll take a pass on Kent and enjoy collecting the recordings and dissecting the set lists here :wink:

PostPosted: Wed March 17th, 2010, 18:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'd give a poor boy from Scotland a lift any day of the week...wait, what? :shock: :P

No, I can't be arsed to make it down to Kent, festivals are fun but....meh. Hopefully going to Lyon though! :D

PostPosted: Wed March 17th, 2010, 18:45 GMT 

I am hoping to get tickets too. I am sorry I can't give you a lift. :( I am at Glastonbury the week before and my boyfriend and I are planning on going camping after Hop Farm. I wonder when the tickets will go on sale.

PostPosted: Wed March 17th, 2010, 18:47 GMT 

thanks, :lol: looks like ill be on the bus, would love to go to France, but Kent still seems easiest. let the good times roll 8)

PostPosted: Wed March 17th, 2010, 18:53 GMT 

If he plays I will come...to paraphrase you know what! I live South West London so Hop Farm is about an hour or so in the car from me....yippee!

I've heard really great things about this event from folks who have been and told me what a brilliant little festival it was compared to all the corporate nonsense that happens. The first event was only 2 years ago and it was 1 day only headlined by Neil Young. Google reviews of it and you'll find some rave write ups. Last year looked a bit rubbish tho...the Fratellis for gawds sake.

PostPosted: Wed March 17th, 2010, 21:09 GMT 

I'm hoping to amble along, regardless of any other acts....I can always sit in my tent if they're similar to last year!

Does anyone have any inclination when tickets might go on sale? Seems to be quite short notice for a festival. Perhaps that's why they had such a crazy offer on close to to the date last year:

http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/content/f ... tickets-10

PostPosted: Fri March 19th, 2010, 16:58 GMT 

yeah, hopefully the tickets will be well under the initial £65 quoted, however, its difficult to decide whether to buy tickets when the first come out or to wait a bit and see if they come cheaper.

PostPosted: Mon March 22nd, 2010, 18:11 GMT 

Yeah I want to go to Kent

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 16:55 GMT 

so, its £71 for a ticket and Seasick steve is the only other act id pay to see. is it worth going?

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 17:44 GMT 

Yeah I reckon you should gibsona

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 17:59 GMT 

Yeah I've just decided I'm definitely going. I think that line up looks alright too so far. I enjoy watching Peter Doherty, pretty interesting to watch I reckon. -And that Seasick Steve bloke

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 18:13 GMT 

Someone told me those Mumford and Sons are meant to be good live too. Might have a listen to them

This Hop Farm place looks good. Has anyone been before?

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 19:40 GMT 

I'm a sucker for Bob :lol: booked the tickets. Seasick Steve is great and Mumford and sons are also meant to be pretty good - some freinds saw them up here in Glasgow recently. also, i read in the telegraph that Laura Marling who is also playing is meant to be 'the new Joni Mitchell' so it might be worth it :D

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 19:57 GMT 

am I nuts?
spending a rainy english summer day somewhere in the middle of nowhere…? Unless they won't pay me…

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 20:31 GMT 

I'm surprised at some of the negativity here. I was actually hoping he'd be on the Saturday bill at Hard Rock Calling the weekend before as I'd already booked Pearl Jam (Friday) and Macca (Sunday), but despite the inconvenience of having to go to work for two days after a weekend in London I'll be making the journey from Yorkshire to Kent on the Friday.

After all, it could be his only UK appearance this year and (in my opinion) it's an excellent line up.

Seasick Steve is a great addition to any festival bill, I've never seen Mumford & Sons but already looking forward to them. Laura Marling is a captivating performer (forget the Joni Mitcell comparisons though - she's totally unique) and Pete Doherty, well maybe he'll be there as well!

PostPosted: Fri March 26th, 2010, 20:38 GMT 

Cool, this Laura Marling sounds interesting. Looking like a good line up to me

PostPosted: Sat March 27th, 2010, 09:22 GMT 

Got my ticket yesterday. Can't wait!

Been listening a lot to laura Marling recently. Looking forward to seeing her. Don't know much about Mumford and Sons though. I like Seasick Steve too.

PostPosted: Sat March 27th, 2010, 13:05 GMT 

Have tickets,will travel. :) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat March 27th, 2010, 20:49 GMT 

how much trouble do you think it will be getting to the front for dylan? its just i dont want to have payed all that money just to catch a fleeting glimpse of him from the back :lol:

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 07:17 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
I'm a sucker for Bob :lol: booked the tickets. Seasick Steve is great and Mumford and sons are also meant to be pretty good - some freinds saw them up here in Glasgow recently. also, i read in the telegraph that Laura Marling who is also playing is meant to be 'the new Joni Mitchell' so it might be worth it :D

Are these all on on the 3rd? Laura Marling is better than Joni Mitchell in my opinion, never thought much of her. She normally wouldnt be my cup of tea but her voice kind of sucks you in. MUmford and sons record is one I play often.

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 11:50 GMT 

Although I live in South East London and could probably get a train there I really don't fancy a day in a field to see Bob. I must be getting old or something.

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 12:30 GMT 

Desolation Row wrote:
Are these all on on the 3rd? Laura Marling is better than Joni Mitchell in my opinion, never thought much of her. She normally wouldnt be my cup of tea but her voice kind of sucks you in. MUmford and sons record is one I play often.

it seems as if it will only be a one day festival meaning that everyone will most likely be on the 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 17:29 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
Desolation Row wrote:

it seems as if it will only be a one day festival meaning that everyone will most likely be on the 3rd.

It's a two day festival with line up still to be announced for the Sunday. Seasick Steve, Mumford & Sons and Laura Marling are all on the same day as Dylan

PostPosted: Sun March 28th, 2010, 18:22 GMT 

I'll be there :D
Hopefully pete doherty won't od or get sent to jail...he's one of my faves

Shakey, are u sure about it being a two day festival??? The website makes it sound like the festival is only on the 3rd. The camping is only on friday and sat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next