Go to main page
It is currently Thu December 14th, 2017, 02:09 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat January 16th, 2010, 13:55 GMT 

Could anyone tell me how to post something on expecting rain? Thank you

PostPosted: Sun January 17th, 2010, 17:51 GMT 

hwy61do wrote:

I m assuming you mean getting posted on the main news page. If so, go to the bottom of that page and click the link to Karl Eric Anderson. Send him the link and text you wish to see there.

PostPosted: Sun January 17th, 2010, 18:03 GMT 
Promethium Member

hey, when I started here, you do not explain as much. WELCOME :wink:

PostPosted: Sun January 17th, 2010, 18:39 GMT 

hwy61do wrote:

hwy61do, you may have experienced a delay in seeing your posts appear. We routinely delay posts until verification is to our satisfaction. Welcome to Expecting Rain.

Folks, your welcome of any new member is appreciated, but lets keep info and Assistance free of anything but welcomes and bonafide info, thanks.

ETA: ...although I do appreciate how good natured and funny these are.:D

PostPosted: Wed May 4th, 2011, 02:22 GMT 

Location: Lower Slobbovia, Slob Nobbin' with the common Bob Slobs
What is the paper clip symbol/icon next to the topic title used for? I know it says attachments, but I haven't found any attachments in the treads marked with this symbol.

PostPosted: Wed May 4th, 2011, 21:11 GMT 
Promethium Member

Leocadia wrote:
What is the paper clip symbol/icon next to the topic title used for? I know it says attachments, but I haven't found any attachments in the treads marked with this symbol.

Most commonly, it appears when photos are posted in a thread.

PostPosted: Wed May 4th, 2011, 22:07 GMT 

Leocadia wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
Most commonly, it appears when photos are posted in a thread.

Another nice feature of er - a mod responds in timely fashion to honest question from newbie with succinct, well-informed reply.
ER has too many threads that, if you choose to subscribe to the threads you add to, means you end up bombarded with emails announcing the addition of VERY minor additions to the feed-us-forward process - that's my only beef, keep your comments beefy people

PostPosted: Wed May 4th, 2011, 22:34 GMT 

Thank you Johanna, but at the risk of appearing dense, I still don't get it. I don't remember seeing any photos, but maybe I missed them. So if that's the case, every thread with a pic or pics will have the paperclip icon before the title? I hate to be a pest but inquiring minds want to know. :?

@AndoDoug: Yes, I would hate to be bombard by notification emails so I most likely won't be subscribing to threads. Does the paperclip icon have something to do with subscribing to threads?

Quote:
that's my only beef, keep your comments beefy people

Again, I don't get it, but maybe it's not related to my question. If it does have to do with my question, and if your only complaint is bombardment of emails, what has keeping comments beefy to do with that? :?

PostPosted: Thu May 5th, 2011, 00:45 GMT 

Leocadia wrote:
@AndoDoug: Yes, I would hate to be bombard by notification emails so I most likely won't be subscribing to threads. Does the paperclip icon have something to do with subscribing to threads?

No, just taking the opportunity to throw in my 2cents as we're alluding to ER experience in gen'r'l

Quote:
that's my only beef, keep your comments beefy people

Leocadia wrote:
if your only complaint is bombardment of emails, what has keeping comments beefy to do with that? :?
I like following threads i care about. I don't like bombardment - so i tend to only get involved in threads that look beefy and not as prone to casual p***-taking. But it's an inexact science

PostPosted: Thu May 5th, 2011, 01:43 GMT 

Thank you AndoDoug.

PostPosted: Thu May 5th, 2011, 02:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

A clip should appear, because I have posted an appropriate attachment.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 5th, 2011, 03:27 GMT 

LOL
then a new kind of mod appears - and he stands for a metaphor. They call them Trombones in Normandy.

PostPosted: Thu May 5th, 2011, 12:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

Leocadia wrote:
Thank you Johanna, but at the risk of appearing dense, I still don't get it. I don't remember seeing any photos, but maybe I missed them. So if that's the case, every thread with a pic or pics will have the paperclip icon before the title? I hate to be a pest but inquiring minds want to know. :?

It would be helpful to know which threads you are specifically referring to. Check them again to see if you can find any attachments, and if not, you can always link them here and I'll look into it....

PostPosted: Thu May 5th, 2011, 13:29 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Leocadia wrote:

It would be helpful to know which threads you are specifically referring to. Check them again to see if you can find any attachments, and if not, you can always link them here and I'll look into it....

Well, this is embarrassing. I could have sworn I saw a clip on Channeling Bob Dylan, but now it's gone, but I remembering searching for some kind of attachment in that thread and not finding it and that's what prompted me to check out a few other threads with clips and not finding any, to ask about it here. Okay, it just dawned on me. :idea: I was expecting to find the attachment on the original post of the threads I was on.

Thanks for your help Johanna, Ando & Hal, and yes, Hal, the clip is now on this page. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Fri May 6th, 2011, 19:26 GMT 

Okay, I'm not crazy. Now there really is a paperclip icon on "bobdylan.com once again not "user friendly" in General Discussions, and there are no attachments, no pictures in that thread.
I just copied and pasted the title line of the thread below

Quote:
New posts View first unread post Attachment(s) bobdylan.com once again not "user-friendly"

It's very curious. I'm not asking for a response, I'm just posting this for the record. I will now put this trifling issue into the category of unsolved mysteries.