Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 18th, 2017, 12:52 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 07:54 GMT 

smiley wrote:
We've met before Mr. Web Sheriff!

You attempted to engage in this familiar "I'm really your buddy" manner on one of the old Van Morrison forums. Unforunately, and unsurprisingly, that forum has now gone.

What this engagement actually tells us is that they're now monitoring this particular Bob Dylan forum. Their supposed hunt for an avatar suggests they're going to around here for at least awhile.

Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing. . .

smiley

I find it interesting that Web Sheriff is posting explanations and clarifications cos it's decidedly not Dylan's and his people's style to offer any sort of explanations or justification for Anything. Kinda surprises me they would be ok with this company speaking on their behalf.

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 08:40 GMT 

smiley wrote:

You attempted to engage in this familiar "I'm really your buddy" manner on one of the old Van Morrison forums. Unforunately, and unsurprisingly, that forum has now gone.

What this engagement actually tells us is that they're now monitoring this particular Bob Dylan forum. Their supposed hunt for an avatar suggests they're going to around here for at least awhile.

smiley

I agree. Be careful. It's difficult to trust a person who signs with his company's name, not his/her own. Also, it does not seem very professional to participate in a forum of fans doing that. It could be anybody. People believe what they want to believe, but I think if this person really works in that company this web could be closed soon too, because according to their rules is a target for its content (rumours, music, etc.)
Visit: http://www.websheriff.com/websheriff/outlaws.htm

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 11:54 GMT 

Hi Smiley,

"Yes", we remember you too - recognised your avatar straight-away, but wasn't sure if it was the same 'smiley' ... .. fyi, we didn't close-down the forum that you are referring to and, moreover, there is a different dynamic here ... .. as such, we've simply been seeking to clarify issues for the ER community (and others), in order to qualify any 'doomsday' theories.

Best (to All - genuinely),

WEB SHERIFF :)

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 14:17 GMT 

I didn't actually say that you did close down that particular forum. It's just that once your deputies slipped into "broken record" mode in reliterating the brief, all constructive and meaningful dialogue ended.

smiley

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 14:26 GMT 

smiley wrote:

smiley

Yeah, the appearance of Web Sheriff does not bode well for ER, they come after the sites first, soon it will be your granny and her pet poodle.

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 14:33 GMT 

These greedy corporate companies will never win because they are TOO GREEDY, it is we, the fans, that have given Bob Dylan his fortune, it is we, the fans, who buy the albums and the concert tickets, when is there going to be a Web Sheriff for the common man? that would be real justice.

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 18:42 GMT 

Listen Web Bully,Bob Dylans Youtube following exists because of the Youtube fan community and their videos, links,knowledgeable comments etc. Bob didn't create this directly,no one person did,it's a spinoff created by interested people using Youtube,with no ulterior motives. Many successful artists would give their eye teeth for a Youtube following like Bobs. Realigning Youtube content to your liking so you can spoon feed us corporate pablam will never work with the Youtube community,regardless of your threats. Removing fan made videos has nothing to do with easy access to forthcoming Christmas album videos (probably starring Joel Stoffer & Amanda Aardsma - with a very brief appearance by Dylan),it's just Sony out to milk Bobs fans dry in the name of charity. :evil:

Well this is your corporate bailout drying up one possible fan per minute, cause you don't control us. You didn't buy any Dylan cd's,or tickets or stand in the cold rain to see him,we did! And if we want to remember the raucous of a show we just attended on a scraggly cam Youtube video when we get home after the show,who are we hurting??Not Bob Dylan obviously or we wouldn't be doing it because unlike you, we love Bob and have no ulterior motives!

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 19:24 GMT 

You Can Put Lipstick on a Pig, But It's Still a Pig

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 20:06 GMT 

Hi Smiley,

"Yes", we remember you too - recognised your avatar straight-away, but wasn't sure if it was the same 'smiley' ... .. fyi, we didn't close-down the forum that you are referring to and, moreover, there is a different dynamic here ... .. as such, we've simply been seeking to clarify issues for the ER community (and others), in order to qualify any 'doomsday' theories.

Best (to All - genuinely),

WEB SHERIFF :)[/quote]

web sheriff would have been hired by someone or some company. just curious. have your "clarifications" actually been authorized by any of those people?

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 20:09 GMT 

Hi Again Smiley (& Everyone),

Thanks for your reply and, as mentioned, the dynamic is different here ... .. let’s also not lose focus on the primary purpose of the new release – ie. dealing with genuine hunger and food poverty – and not just in the third world, but also in the US and UK (in which regard DD’s comment about ‘milking’ was, perhaps, a little OTT) ... .. anyway, we’d simply ask people not to pre-judge issues here and to let events (such as they are) paint-the-picture.

Best,

P.S. Thanks ‘Tupac’ - we’ll wait for the porcine avatars to come rolling-in !!

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 20:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

DylansDream wrote:
who are we hurting??Not Bob Dylan obviously or we wouldn't be doing it because unlike you, we love Bob and have no ulterior motives!

Then again, unlike you, websheriff is acting at Bob Dylan's request, or the request of his management, to protect what Bob Dylan, not you, created and owns.

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 20:23 GMT 

smoke wrote:

If things go back to snail mail cd trades, I wonder what people's mp3's will be worth?

It won't have to come to that, because there are programs like Pando that enable you to send files up to 1GB. Also Drop Box is another application that could be used for trading.

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 20:31 GMT 

Folks, this is not directed at any person in particular. I am going to ask that all refrain from posting emotionally here. If anyone wishes to make a comment or ask a question, please do so in a way that will keep the lines of communication open for all, thanks.

WEB SHERIFF, just one question from me: I understand that you are acting (in whatever capacity) on Bob Dylan's behalf, but have you been retained by Bob Dylan and/or by Sony, and/or by anyone working officially for Mr. Dylan?

Your response would be most appreciated, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 21:10 GMT 

Hi MatchStriker (& Everyone),

Thanks for your post ... .. and your query ... .. fyi, we are, naturally, acting upon authority, although - for reasons of client confidentiality that we're sure you'll fully appreciate - it would be inappropriate to disclose the precise routing in a public forum ... .. we'd also like to clarify that we are not taking one cent (or penny or euro) from funds raised for charity in relation to CITH.

All The Best,

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 22:17 GMT 

smoke wrote:
DylansDream wrote:
who are we hurting??Not Bob Dylan obviously or we wouldn't be doing it because unlike you, we love Bob and have no ulterior motives!

Then again, unlike you, websheriff is acting at Bob Dylan's request, or the request of his management, to protect what Bob Dylan, not you, created and owns.

Thanks Smoke but I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows that. :o

The point is that the videos are disappearing from Youtube daily,and it's causing a lot of harsh angry feelings with that global fan community.Believe it or not some people are just hearing about Dylan for the first time.It has been my experience that once people have viewed these videos they become enticed to learn more about his lyrics,attend shows and buy mp3's.To pretend to oneself that a few fan videos are having a negative impact on Dylans income potential or career is foolish and an egregious underestimation of his social relevance.:shock: :shock:

Didn't mean to offend any people,pigs, or sheriffs with my comments :)

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 22:27 GMT 
Titanium Member

DylansDream wrote:

Thanks Smoke but I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows that. :o

The point is that the videos are disappearing from Youtube daily,and it's causing a lot of harsh angry feelings with that global fan community.Believe it or not some people are just hearing about Dylan for the first time.It has been my experience that once people have viewed these videos they become enticed to learn more about his lyrics,attend shows and buy mp3's.To pretend to oneself that a few fan videos are having a negative impact on Dylans income potential or career is foolish and an egregious underestimation of his social relevance.:shock: :shock:

Didn't mean to offend any people,pigs, or sheriffs with my comments :)

i can guarentee you that if it were not for youtube i would have not spent the many hundreds of pounds that i have on Dylan so far.

youtube is a way many new and especially young fans (im 16) get into dylan and without it we may lose a new generation of dylan fans.

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 22:33 GMT 

Hi Mr. WEBSHERIFF (& Everyone),
Could you please please please ask Mr. Dylan to play "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry" a few times till the end of the current tour? I could really use the points in the pool.
Thanks a lot, pal. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 22:53 GMT 

Hey Folks,

As some of you may have noticed already, the 're-alingment' is effectively completed (see page 1 of a standard YT search), so that, should someone wish to browse for BD videos for the first time ever (the example of a 16 year old was given), they'll immediately see that there's an official channel (something that was originally not that evident, insofar as you had to go to page 6 of a standard search to even find a clip from the artist's own channel) ... .. as such, tales of the mass demise of videos are greatly exaggerated.

Whilst writing / posting, it's slightly unusual that some members are offended by our being polite / friendly ... .. what have we got to be rude or unfriendly about ?! ... .. you're great fans of an amazing artist and we're simply here to add some clarity to the rumours ... .. as such, we'd always treat individual members with the utmost respect (even where it's not reciprocated).

Best,

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009, 22:57 GMT 

So, is he going to play "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry" tonight?

PostPosted: Tue November 3rd, 2009, 01:49 GMT 

The above post was meant to bring attention to pirates so Sheriff could bring them to justice, but apparently the Sheriff doesn't want them posted here. I can't edit the post, please someone remove these links on behalf of the Sheriff and his clients.
:arrow: Link removed, MatchStriker

PostPosted: Tue November 3rd, 2009, 01:54 GMT 

It is very important that the Christmas album is not streamed for free or pirated. Think of it this way, every time someone streams or pirates the Christmas album, someone goes hungry.

PostPosted: Tue November 3rd, 2009, 02:23 GMT 

MatchStriker wrote:
Folks, this is not directed at any person in particular. I am going to ask that all refrain from posting emotionally here. If anyone wishes to make a comment or ask a question, please do so in a way that will keep the lines of communication open for all, thanks.

I understand your fear, but being nice isn't gonna help this situation, nor hurt it.

the explanation that web porker is here because ER is so cool and deserves clarification of what is happening or not happening smacks of bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue November 3rd, 2009, 03:00 GMT 

Hey Folks,

As some of you may have noticed already, the 're-alingment' is effectively completed (see page 1 of a standard YT search), so that, should someone wish to browse for BD videos for the first time ever (the example of a 16 year old was given), they'll immediately see that there's an official channel (something that was originally not that evident, insofar as you had to go to page 6 of a standard search to even find a clip from the artist's own channel) ... .. as such, tales of the mass demise of videos are greatly exaggerated.

Whilst writing / posting, it's slightly unusual that some members are offended by our being polite / friendly ... .. what have we got to be rude or unfriendly about ?! ... .. you're great fans of an amazing artist and we're simply here to add some clarity to the rumours ... .. as such, we'd always treat individual members with the utmost respect (even where it's not reciprocated).

Best,

WEB SHERIFF :)[/quote]

I find it very strange that you are repeatedly posting here. As everyone knows, Bob and his people never "explain" anything. They don't post on this board; they ignore fan complaints and compliments. They certainly don't ever justify their actions. I find it hard to believe they'd be ok with your definition of "confidentiality", where you actually come here and discuss this stuff. I don't believe this means they're going to adopt an open door policy now; I think something is decidedly not kosher here.

PostPosted: Tue November 3rd, 2009, 03:00 GMT 

Hi MatchStriker (& Everyone),

. .. fyi, we are, naturally, acting upon authority, although - for reasons of client confidentiality that we're sure you'll fully appreciate - it would be inappropriate to disclose the precise routing in a public forum ... ..
All The Best,

WEB SHERIFF :)[/quote]this is smoke being blown up your collective asses and is signifying nothing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbfebujm4vY

PostPosted: Tue November 3rd, 2009, 05:15 GMT 

So those 30 year old live video clips that have been on youtube for 3 years and are totally non commercially viable have been removed so that search results can be 're-alligned' (orwellian nuspeak for faked) and charity donations can be maximised. Please - we're not going to buy your b$ so spare us the effort of reading it and GFO.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next