Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 03:10 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 22:00 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 22nd, 2006, 22:20 GMT
Posts: 811
As Van Morrison and the Web Sheriff did so swiftly and effectively, are Bob Dylan and the Web Sheriff about to do the same?

http://musically.com/blog/2009/08/14/bo ... -services/

http://youtomb.mit.edu/browse/down:copy ... %20Sheriff.

Fearing the end. . .

smiley (not so)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 22:06 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2008, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 17309
Location: Maybe it isn't a tour, maybe he's just lost.
In the Rare Recordings Section of the forum, people can hear the sound of police sirens slowly getting louder...... :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 22:23 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 2nd, 2009, 22:23 GMT
Posts: 43
This is stupid as hell. I mean, don`t these people think? What is the point of taking down hundreds of videos that in majority aren`t even commercially available. Isn`t it in everyone`s best interest that as many people as possible see Bob performing Blowin in the Wind, Like a Rolling Stone live and thus resulting in a life time addiction and album sales? They also took down Bob`s Victoria`s Secret commercial, what the hell? Why would you want to make a commercial LESS available, that goes against everything logical. Bah, I hate it when people do stupid shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 23:20 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue March 17th, 2009, 00:14 GMT
Posts: 366
Location: London, UK
that's a terrible x shame and a real x off to the fans. These videos were not commercial concerns.
if anyone with any relationship to sony is reading this they are cordially invited to x off and die.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 23:34 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2008, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 17309
Location: Maybe it isn't a tour, maybe he's just lost.
Someone approached Dave Van Ronk about playing for free at a small folk club.

"Think of the exposure" they said.

"People die from exposure" Dave replied.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 23:41 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu July 13th, 2006, 00:20 GMT
Posts: 267
Location: Nashville, TN
:x If the bottom line is money, why the F don't they put this stuff out on DVD compilations & sell it to us! Freakin' STUPID IDIOTS!! :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 23:46 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri September 1st, 2006, 06:19 GMT
Posts: 3604
Location: Sub specie aeternitatis
Shasta wrote:
:x If the bottom line is money, why the F don't they put this stuff out on DVD compilations & sell it to us! Freakin' STUPID IDIOTS!! :!:


Because if they do it like this your anxiety will probably lead you to pay even more ... :lol:

How some of you people arrive at the conclusion that you are somehow entitled to watch material you don't own on a websit you don't own puzzles me. Videos containing music of original records obviously violate both copyright laws and YouTube's terms of use, no matter what argument you want to come up with: that's something you won't be able to deny.

Video's shot by fans during concerts ... ughh ... if that's what you're missing ... thank the Lord for freeing your mind from it! NOW! :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 27th, 2009, 23:51 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat August 9th, 2008, 09:05 GMT
Posts: 314
Location: La Parole était Dieu début: mom le cheval [Mishter Lusk]
Oi,

"I'm looking for a place that'll collect my [YouTube] CLIPS..."


Image

[graci]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 00:22 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13th, 2009, 19:35 GMT
Posts: 1099
Location: Amsterdam
Well, My Dylan youtube channel is still in the air. At least over here in the Netherlands. Last night it was still open in the USA but while browsing other people’s videos today I encountered lots of ‘this video is not available in your country’ messages so I don’t know if it’s still reachable from other parts of the world:

http://www.youtube.com/erikdw123?gl=NL&hl=nl

Can anyone confirm?

Although I have no official stuff on my channel, I do expect to be taken down any minute now. The first performance of Blowin’ In The Wind is on my channel and that one will probably rise through the ranks now that most of the other versions of the song are gone. It’s bound to get noticed. The same goes for a blistering live version of I Want You in great sound quality from a cancelled live album. I just checked youtube and it’s now the number 1 search result for the song.

I would be flattered under other circumstances.

Erik.

(I've already posted this in on the off topic board but perhaps this is a more appropriate place for it since the post is definitely Dylan related. Sorry.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 00:36 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue March 17th, 2009, 00:14 GMT
Posts: 366
Location: London, UK
Andy1983:
Quote:
How some of you people arrive at the conclusion that you are somehow entitled to watch material you don't own on a websit you don't own puzzles me. Videos containing music of original records obviously violate both copyright laws and YouTube's terms of use, no matter what argument you want to come up with: that's something you won't be able to deny.

Video's shot by fans during concerts ... ughh ... if that's what you're missing ... thank the Lord for freeing your mind from it! NOW! :evil:



Something is happening, but you don't know what it is?
Do you? Mister Jones


The legal aspect of it is beyond me and will clearly vary from country to country. Morally however none of what we are talking about is commercially released. It is being shared between fans (ie: the people who buy the cds and the tickets hence paying for Bob's lifestyle and Sony's lawyers) for our enjoyment and is essentially free advertising for Dylan. Its a shitty, cowardly and self defeating thing to do and if you can't see that then you sir are a bloody fool.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 01:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun July 23rd, 2006, 02:55 GMT
Posts: 1412
Location: Noway, Missery
erikdw123 wrote:
I don’t know if it’s still reachable from other parts of the world:

http://www.youtube.com/erikdw123?gl=NL&hl=nl

Can anyone confirm?
It's still reachable in Norway.
Let's hope for the best :wink:

housecarpenter wrote:
The legal aspect of it is beyond me and will clearly vary from country to country. Morally however none of what we are talking about is commercially released. It is being shared between fans (ie: the people who buy the cds and the tickets hence paying for Bob's lifestyle and Sony's lawyers) for our enjoyment and is essentially free advertising for Dylan. Its a shitty, cowardly and self defeating thing to do and if you can't see that then you sir are a bloody fool.
Agreed!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 04:21 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2008, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 17309
Location: Maybe it isn't a tour, maybe he's just lost.
Shasta wrote:
:x If the bottom line is money, why the F don't they put this stuff out on DVD compilations & sell it to us! Freakin' STUPID IDIOTS!! :!:


What stuff? Unbelievably horrible audience video???? Perhaps because they don't believe there are enough STUPID IDIOTS who will buy it? :lol:

Send them a note to the contrary. Misspell a lot of words in it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 04:39 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue April 7th, 2009, 23:02 GMT
Posts: 185
QUICK EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE A-Z LIBRARY!

PAAAAAAANIC!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 06:54 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri December 1st, 2006, 18:23 GMT
Posts: 497
Location: Back home
erikdw123 wrote:
Well, My Dylan youtube channel is still in the air. At least over here in the Netherlands. Last night it was still open in the USA but while browsing other people’s videos today I encountered lots of ‘this video is not available in your country’ messages so I don’t know if it’s still reachable from other parts of the world:

http://www.youtube.com/erikdw123?gl=NL&hl=nl

Can anyone confirm?


Still available in Moscow...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 10:00 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri September 1st, 2006, 06:19 GMT
Posts: 3604
Location: Sub specie aeternitatis
housecarpenter wrote:
Something is happening, but you don't know what it is?
Do you? Mister Jones

The legal aspect of it is beyond me and will clearly vary from country to country. Morally however none of what we are talking about is commercially released. It is being shared between fans (ie: the people who buy the cds and the tickets hence paying for Bob's lifestyle and Sony's lawyers) for our enjoyment and is essentially free advertising for Dylan. Its a shitty, cowardly and self defeating thing to do and if you can't see that then you sir are a bloody fool.


Ooh witty, you used a Bob Dylan-quote to give your argument greater persuasive power. Clever.
Remember that Time-Magazine guy Dylan is talking to in Don't look back? At some point he says like 'I've never been in Time Magazine and yet this hall is sold out twice.', doesn't he?

And despite the fact that you do your best to be insultive towards me, I still don't see how it is that you are entitled to have access to this material. None of it is owned by you, the site it's being shown on isn't owned by you, ... In fact: most if not all of it isn't owned by the people who put it up - just for your information: just because you filmed Dylan singing Like a rolling stone in concert doesn't mean that suddenly he has lost his copyright on that one.

You were never entitled to have access to most of the content in the first place.
If you enjoyed it, be glad for what you have had.
But don't go act as if someone is morally obliged to garanty you access to it for evermore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 12:10 GMT 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 29th, 2006, 18:14 GMT
Posts: 644
Location: England
Henim/Salvador wrote:
Oi,

"I'm looking for a place that'll collect my [YouTube] CLIPS..."


Image

[graci]


Hahahahaah! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 12:12 GMT 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 29th, 2006, 18:14 GMT
Posts: 644
Location: England
They've taken down the best quality video of the Hard Rain performance of I Pity the Poor Immigrant, I know that much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 13:29 GMT 

Joined: Wed April 13th, 2005, 14:09 GMT
Posts: 4013
Location: the mountains I got lost in
http://dvdylan.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 14:06 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2008, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 17309
Location: Maybe it isn't a tour, maybe he's just lost.
They probably took down all the NET garbage because someone actually watched it. "Sweet cracker sandwich!" said some Sony guy, "This is horrible!"

It's one thing for the Emperor to walk around naked, it's another to have a daily reality TV show called "The Emperor's Ugly Ass."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 14:08 GMT 

Joined: Wed April 13th, 2005, 14:09 GMT
Posts: 4013
Location: the mountains I got lost in
LJ, what are your feelings about the NET? and if you don't like the NET why do you come here at all?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 14:16 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon June 11th, 2007, 11:45 GMT
Posts: 3444
Location: by the Pesky pole
jman wrote:
http://dvdylan.com


what he said.

If anyone is a regular at HC or Dime you should already have better copies of everything worth watching than what was once on the streaming sites. I would use youtube for convienience or at work but if I really want a fine evening I'll put on a DVD I acquired via bittorent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 14:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun July 17th, 2005, 18:56 GMT
Posts: 936
Location: Deep South
I do believe things are a changing at Sony headquarters....I heard the head of A&R recently walked out...so a new face may mean a new regime? just a thought


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 14:57 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2008, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 17309
Location: Maybe it isn't a tour, maybe he's just lost.
jman wrote:
LJ, what are your feelings about the NET? and if you don't like the NET why do you come here at all?


Why not ask Untrodden Path if he can't stand 1960s-1970s Dylan why HE comes here?

I mean, man.... stop picking on ME.


[& I feel it's plodding country blues shuffle crapola]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 15:17 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue October 13th, 2009, 17:47 GMT
Posts: 836
"Eat the Document" was still up yesterday --
and I'm wondering if there's gonna be a rush to remove "Renaldo and Clara"... 8)

My question re YouTube: who is paying for the bandwidth?
who is making money off this within the YouTube universe?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 28th, 2009, 16:06 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13th, 2009, 19:35 GMT
Posts: 1099
Location: Amsterdam
To those who've checked my channel, thanks!
Right now, my channel is still live so who knows...
Let's see what happens. Perhaps they'll leave me alone.

Best,
Erik.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group