Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed November 26th, 2014, 01:23 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 23:04 GMT 

I received the same message. Oh well. I emailed ER with the info.

PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 23:59 GMT 

Yes, it must be a computer glitch. I was sure I made a post and now I don't see it. Or, maybe, facts are now verboten at ER?

Did one of the senior moderators allow and encourage making the name of the man who was then President of the United States a forbidden word at ER? Surely this is either true or false ... a matter of fact.

Did the other of the senior moderators indicate that one of the primary reasons for his wishing to moderate these fora was to reinstate a particular poster? Again, either this is a true statement or it isn't.

Is there any place for having an opinion on postings made by moderators, or is that considered criticism of the moderation of the site?

And, doesn't "Positively Fourth Street" have a great opening line?

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 00:05 GMT 

I've been considering leaving the ER forum for awhile and this seems like a good time to exit. I respectfully ask the Administrator or 3LM to remove my name from the membership log and delete the posts I've made on this discussion board. Take good care everyone. :)

Brairy Rose

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 12:08 GMT 

I have no idea what on earth the forums closed for: I only went out of the BD sections once or twice, and nothing seemed that untoward.

Personally, I agree with LJ: I never read the T&C, and no one on any forum ever has every complained about what I post. I know people like to care about long legal documents full of rules, but I bet if you assume that it just says "be ok to each other" then you won't have any problems.

So, when's the forum coming back? For all we know BD may have released a new album again by now.

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 13:08 GMT 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think the original (and proposed) "rules" are reasonable and the moderators did a good job. It must be quite overwhelming, considering the number of posters and volume of posts...a labor of love, no doubt.

I also appreciate the input of comments here on this thread -- particularly pertaining to freedom of speech and where to draw the line and the right to do so, given the fact that it IS a privately operated site. It's tricky and attempting to make decisions "by committee" and make everybody happy is diplomatic and democratic but probably impossible. It's nice to be asked for an opinion anyway though.

Having the ability to utilize the "signature" I think enhances the posts and gives a person the option to individualize their posts and thereby present a more cohesive impression, which makes it more gratifying for self-expression and hopefully more interesting for others. It would be nice if that was not discontinued.

The "Off Topic" thread was a pleasant alternative & hopefully it will be reinstated. As mentioned, it IS a Dylan fan "community," but most everyone, I would assume, has other interests as well and sharing those gives people an insightful overview of what "Dylan fans" are about, (besides the common denominator of admiration for his music.)

Having a couple of days to "edit" instead of a couple of minutes was helpful also. After all -- nonsense or profundity -- it may be there for posterity. :roll: :P

And Brairy Rose...don't leave! You've been sweet and add to the flavor of these discussions. I've more than once put ER aside, for various reasons, only to find myself coming back, for various reasons :wink: 8) ...maybe you just need a little break -- and considering THAT, this enforced break gives us a chance to re-examine & reevaluate what it means, if anything, to be here at all and whether it serves "a purpose" or is just for fun, rapport & understanding, consanguinity and/or intellectually stimulating different points of view (could be it's better to just limp along instead of cold turkey) and if it does becomes tedious or exasperating, the built-in freedom of cyber space is that one can just come and go as one pleases -- providing we "behave ourselves." :wink: :P

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 13:49 GMT 

Well surprise, surprise! I was reading the front page and saw that the discussion board was up again. Even after my careful consideration to exit I'm still here! Well it ain't over yet. . .I'll probably get rooted up when I least expect to be booted out.

Thanks for the kind thought Peggy. On my departure post I was going to add a few lines about the good people I've had the pleasure to banter with on this site. But it was making me a bit glum so I didn't elaborate. If Ms. Admin or 3LM belatedly pulls the plug on my prior request. Goodbye in advance! :arrow:

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 14:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

firstly - glad we are back online. i just looked for an old post of mine about the wreckless eric radio show (which is wonderful and should placate those missing TTRH) and it's gone..... has the 'other artists' sub-forum been deleted? perhaps i missed something in the new rules but it seems a terrible shame to get rid of this - after all Dylan fans DO listen to other music too and can turn each other on to it. I'd really like to know the position on this given the new rules.... and thanks for getting ER back up and running.

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 14:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'm glad you didn't go away, Brairy Rose ! Now if we could all unite and persuade TLM & Zimmy to stay a moderator... OK, one good reason : except if Tambo becomes a mod again, the forums will need "senior moderators" that make the ultimate decisions and make sure the "junior moderator" do the right things ! So please stay ! :)

Edit : wooooo-ooooo, the forums are back !!! Thanks KE & Mad Cow !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (now y'all behave and maybe we'll get Off topic back)

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 15:35 GMT 

Thanks clarx. . .I'm wearing my raggedy T-shirt that says Drama Queen for a Day! :? :cry: :roll: :)

Anyone know what's happening with the Political forum?

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 16:12 GMT 

Glad to see the forums restored.

Looks like posting capability is restored to the tour section. Thanks for that as there was a lot of concern over the imminent tour opening day and planning meet-ups etc.

Thanks for all the hard work and valuable comments that are helping to construct the new Terms of Use.

I assume that we will eventually see those in their Final form.

Broken Wing

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 17:58 GMT 
Titanium Member

I've recieved an email from KE, saying that for now only the Tour section is restored and that the other sections will be open in some time - the email says it may take up to 3 weeks to restore everything (but that includes the off-topic section)... Anyway : :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 19:15 GMT 

Thanks and Hallelujah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-8Arvz8rHM

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 19:25 GMT 

I don't seem to be able to create new threads or reply in the Other Artists section. What's going on?

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 19:40 GMT 

Site maintenance. The tour board is fully functional though.

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 19:45 GMT 

Very happy to see the forums back. YEAH!!!

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 23:08 GMT 
Site Admin

June 22nd 2009: The new Terms of Use are now applicable to all forums.

This thread is now locked. If you find you have further suggestions, please direct them to discussions@expectingrain.com and the administrators will consider your input.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12