Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 21st, 2017, 16:04 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 22:45 GMT 

Still Mack wrote:
I would like to suggest a 'Free Fire zone' where you enter at your own risk.

I thought that was what the annex was designed to be. Are you suggesting an annex within the annex?

One really good way to enforce seriousness and respectability is to not allow any posting at all. At least there wouldn't be any grammatical mistakes then.

PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 00:12 GMT 

pswets wrote:
Still Mack wrote:

I thought that was what the annex was designed to be. Are you suggesting an annex within the annex?

One really good way to enforce seriousness and respectability is to not allow any posting at all. At least there wouldn't be any grammatical mistakes then.

if people aren't willing to cooperate with the mods and the owners, that seems the likely outcome. I would hope no one posting here really would prefer that outcome.

PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 01:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

thickboy wrote:
Symphesis wrote:
I would definitely like to see mez become a moderator.

I don't think that it is appropriate that you start nominating folk... you haven't even reached 400 posts yet... I believe that only Senior Contributors should be able to nominate potential new Moderators... after all we don't allow ten year olds to vote in General Elections... I have no issues with Mez becoming a trainee Moderator or even an Assistant or Deputy Moderator... but only if he is nominated by an ER Elder not some 'Johnny-come-lately' who has less that 400 posts... I have a bloody garden fence with more posts than that... although, when all is said and done I would prefer to have attractive ladies as Moderators... I would make Claudette the Moderator-in-Chiefess... she meets all the criteria... she is a lady and she is foxy... in effect... she is... per se... a foxy lady... viva la belle moi avec tooty.

ThickBoy just so you know this I was the first FoxyLady at the now defunct NFL.com website. So if you are talkin bout a great Lady that is Foxy I guess you would be talkin about me! Thank You, ThickBoy for you admiration and I knew all along I had your vote :D How come be are not getting credit for our posts I have been at 6290 Forever........it seems.....

PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 06:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

charlesdarwin wrote:
I appreciate your fine thoughts on free speech and responsibility, Still Mack - but I'm afraid I disagree with your "Free Fire Zone" suggestion. I don't see how the emnities and resentments generated by such a place could fail to leak out and contaminate the rest of the site.

No, I think we must maintain a basic level of civility and of consideration for our fellow posters across the entire site.

Now that you mention it your probably correct, it was just a thought tho...of a 'sandbox' for the yamers.

I hope in the future there is closer monitoring of ER, so I never have to read anything (for example) like when Lab Rat (my squeez) was called a crackwhore. Since I know her and what she is about it had no effect on me and the juvieish statement only served to degrade and disrespect this site.

PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 15:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still Mack wrote:

I don't mean to compare us fine folks to school children but if we were schoolchildren, wouldn't that be like saying "no fighting" and then having a special "fight" room where no teachers were allowed equipped with brass knuckes? I'm glad you reconsidered Still Mack-and I hope your squeeze is never insulted in that way again.

PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 21:28 GMT 
Mercury Member

I vote for Amanov.

PostPosted: Sat June 20th, 2009, 23:43 GMT 

I don't like Wintersox' posts; I want to see what the fuss is about on Off Topic; and I want certain currently banned posters to be reinstated. Can I be moderator? It worked for 3LM, who has been dogulating for a year, and is now a Senior.

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 01:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

I concur with Harmonica Allbert's suggestions. I would add Long Johnny for consideration. He has put considerable time into the site posting, responding, and contributing. As a moderator, he could ask persons if they were dropped on their head by their mother when they make stupid statements...and then give them the axe if they don't get the hint to cut out their offensive ways.

The site would be considerably smaller as the NET nuts may well be axed which may significantly reduce the number of posts in the On Tour section. The need for moderators may even drop.

I'm just saying...

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 05:55 GMT 
Untrodden Path wrote:
I concur with Harmonica Allbert's suggestions. I would add Long Johnny for consideration. He has put considerable time into the site posting, responding, and contributing. As a moderator, he could ask persons if they were dropped on their head by their mother when they make stupid statements...and then give them the axe if they don't get the hint to cut out their offensive ways.

Yes. Best choices for new moderators as all are frequent contributors and each has exhibited a good sense of humor, brains and an instinct for herding:

Long Johnny
thickboy
precinct14

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 14:03 GMT 
Promethium Member

Over the hill wrote:
Still Mack wrote:

that would defeat the entire purpose of having rules so that ER can be considered a serious and respectable site.

I know that if there's one thing I've gleaned from listening to Bob Dylan for the past 40 years it's that more rules are always a good thing.

It's why I consider Bob Dylan a serious and respectable artist.

Yessir.

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 20:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

I would like to try to be a junior moderator because I can type and read fast and I know my way around the boards and can help out when needed if only one a trial basis at first so you would know that I could handle the job....

PostPosted: Sun June 21st, 2009, 23:14 GMT 
Site Admin

June 22nd: This thread is now locked.

Please direct any further applications or suggestions to discussions@expectingrain.com.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2