Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun November 19th, 2017, 23:55 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Donations
PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 04:25 GMT 
Site Owner

This site will be 15 years old this fall. I began (almost) daily updates ten years ago in the fall, and since 2000 I have brought you more than 53,000 links. I did not read all the stories I linked to, but I hope you have found some of them to be of interest.

The links I show you I have selected from many more, that I get from you - and especially from some of you. If you sent a link that did not get used, you are in good company. I get many more tips every day than I can use.

As I have done several times before, I again ask for your contributions to keep the site running.
Nobody should feel they have to pay to use this site, but you who decide to send something, will help ensure the continued existence of what I have reason to think is the most visited and respected Bob Dylan fan site on the web. If you have comments or suggestions, please add them below.
Thank you for that!
Karl Erik

Post subject: Re: Donations
PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 05:34 GMT 
This site is the starting site of my computer - since 2000 I think. It says all about the importance the site had & has for me & will have in future.
Thanks for your generous work Karl Erik!

PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 08:05 GMT 

I'll add my thanks, Karl Erik ..... the site is always so full of so many things that make my life better .... really, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have been in Ireland at the two O2 concerts having a great time.

PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 09:26 GMT 

ER has helped to fill my life with great music, led me to so much new information and knowledge, to superb concerts, and to good friends.
Many, many thanks Karl Erik, your hard work is much appreciated.......

PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 13:51 GMT 

Many thanks from a new member. Happy to be here & grateful for what you do.

PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 15:45 GMT 
Thanks for everything Karl Eric - I have been visiting ER for the last eight to ten years, amazingly just about every day! You are an inspiration to us all, the site is fantastically well maintained and is a constant source interest, fascination and and an almost fanatical devotion to all things Bob. Long may you (and he) reign.

Best regards and thanks again.

Wbe site: http://warehouseeyes.netfirms.com/index.html

PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 15:46 GMT 

Thanks and congratulations for your efforts and the site's success.

PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 22:14 GMT 
If it wasn't for ER, I'd never have been in the Roundhouse and for that I will always be grateful, so thanks for all your hard graft and keep on keeping on. :D

Roger

PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 22:17 GMT 

Guest wrote:
If it wasn't for ER, I'd never have been in the Roundhouse and for that I will always be grateful, so thanks for all your hard graft and keep on keeping on. :D

Roger

Not a guest!!

Post subject: Donations
PostPosted: Fri June 5th, 2009, 23:55 GMT 
Just donated. Really is money well spent to be honest. You deserve a medal and so do the posters who are always a source of both Bob information and wicked humour. Thanks to all of you but particularly to Karl.

Take care.

PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2009, 17:01 GMT 
Karl,
I want to thank you for all your work and dedication. I'm 34 now and have been visiting your sight since I was 22 and first discovered Dylan. Your sight has single handidly guided me through the world of Dylan and has been a blessing in my life. I appreciate your style, committment and zeal.

This is side note: As an incredibly zealous Dylan fan in my 20's I jumped up on stage with Dylan on three separate occasions in 1997 (of one which resulted in an autographed Lyrics book). Though I would never do something like that now, I definately don't regret doing it and having some chances to shake Dylan's hand face to face. Do you know of any means of getting video for one of those shows? Is there someone out there that could help me with that?

Karl, thank you for your years of good service.
Blessing to you,
Adam.
Adam@SpokaneTurbineCenter.org

PostPosted: Tue June 9th, 2009, 02:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

Queenjane2 wrote:
Karl,
I want to thank you for all your work and dedication. I'm 34 now and have been visiting your sight since I was 22 and first discovered Dylan. Your sight has single handidly guided me through the world of Dylan and has been a blessing in my life. I appreciate your style, committment and zeal.

This is side note: As an incredibly zealous Dylan fan in my 20's I jumped up on stage with Dylan on three separate occasions in 1997 (of one which resulted in an autographed Lyrics book). Though I would never do something like that now, I definately don't regret doing it and having some chances to shake Dylan's hand face to face. Do you know of any means of getting video for one of those shows? Is there someone out there that could help me with that?

Karl, thank you for your years of good service.
Blessing to you,
Adam.
Adam@SpokaneTurbineCenter.org

Well I do know that Spokane Washington is only one exchange and it is 509 I guess and looked up you center and it does not exist in Spokane so take note Karl and btw thank you for your service......

PostPosted: Thu June 11th, 2009, 03:54 GMT 
I've probably checked this site everyday since like it started - no joke. I'm 31 and this is one of the top 5 sites I check each time I sit down to a computer. I enjoy the audio/video links. Links to rumors about gigs or future albums are great. The links to featured and sometimes rare audio and video footage are awesome too. I'd only suggest that you limit non-Dylan content. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu June 11th, 2009, 11:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

naked wrote:
I'd only suggest that you limit non-Dylan content.

There are only so many things one can say about a particular artist- superlative, ground-breaking and influential as Mr Dylan undoubtedly is. If you doubt this, just look at the way certain topics recur cyclically in General Discussions.

Any Dylan fan who is a rounded human being- as most Dylan fans tend to be; as the artist himself positively ENCOURAGES people to be- will have views on Other Artists, on Politics and on a good many other topics as well (as expressed in Off Topic).

By consigning these other areas of interest to the Annexe sections of the board, it's my view that Karl Erik has got the balance exactly right in this respect.

Thank you, Karl Erik, for enriching my life over these many years.

PostPosted: Thu June 11th, 2009, 13:15 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

Eddie wrote:
naked wrote:
I'd only suggest that you limit non-Dylan content.

There are only so many things one can say about a particular artist- superlative, ground-breaking and influential as Mr Dylan undoubtedly is. If you doubt this, just look at the way certain topics recur cyclically in General Discussions.

Any Dylan fan who is a rounded human being- as most Dylan fans tend to be; as the artist himself positively ENCOURAGES people to be- will have views on Other Artists, on Politics and on a good many other topics as well (as expressed in Off Topic).

By consigning these other areas of interest to the Annexe sections of the board, it's my view that Karl Erik has got the balance exactly right in this respect.

Thank you, Karl Erik, for enriching my life over these many years.

Well said, Eddie... naked annoyed me with that comment about limiting non-Dylan related content... I get fed up reading about 'Dylan this' and 'Dylan that'... it gets on my nerves... these Dylan obsessed folk want to consider other peoples enjoyment too, not just their own... people like naked have no thought or consideration about all the other people in the world and I bet that type of person isn't too bothered about global warming and the ice-caps melting, either... so long as it doesn't effect them... well let me tell you this... global warming and melting ice-caps effect everyone... how high and mighty and totally self-obsessed can these people possibly be... I suggest we ban naked until we get a full and frank apology.

PostPosted: Fri June 12th, 2009, 15:21 GMT 
Thanks very much for quite a service