Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat November 18th, 2017, 06:24 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri January 2nd, 2009, 13:39 GMT 

Location: where the Mississippi River flows from east to west
....unless I log in.

I'm one of these people who doesn't log in until, after reading the forums, I find I have something to say.

So last night when I came to ER fo see what everyone was up to, I had a bit of a panic seeing only half of the forums :shock: So I logged in, and all was well.

Why has this changed? If guests can no longer see OT and RR, then why are they listed as browsing these 2 forums?

PostPosted: Fri January 2nd, 2009, 14:44 GMT 
Site Admin

We have decided that, for the time being atleast, we want the forums in question to be accessible to members only. The best way to do that, is to have members log in.

Initially I'm trying with just the "top" forums (Downloads and Annex) hidden. This means that if someone accesses the subforums directly, they may still not be logged in. We'll decide as we go along whther these, too, should be hidden for the public.

PostPosted: Fri January 2nd, 2009, 14:53 GMT 

Location: where the Mississippi River flows from east to west
Thank you Mad Cow :)

PostPosted: Fri January 2nd, 2009, 21:31 GMT 
This seems rather odd. Why 'hide' teh annex? Are you embarassed of the content posted there? It is also rather silly since the "forums in question" are still "accessible" to anyone whether they are logged in or not. Anyone who has had a computer for over a day and a half knows that if you want to access different pages you just type a different value in the address bar.
The address to Political World is viewtopic.php?f=16, the address to Other Artists is viewtopic.php?f=19, etc.. etc..

PostPosted: Fri January 2nd, 2009, 21:57 GMT 
Site Admin

Well Tobias, as you now made it a bit too public how to access those forums, the forums now require login.

The admin team feels there is no good reason why these forums should be publically available. Anyone can register an account, and in doing so, they will have to accept our Terms of Use - also for read access for these forums.

PostPosted: Fri January 2nd, 2009, 21:58 GMT 
I see you have fixed your error.
A simple thank you Toby will suffice.

PostPosted: Sun January 4th, 2009, 12:41 GMT 

Mad Cow wrote:
Well Tobias, as you now made it a bit too public how to access those forums, the forums now require login.

The admin team feels there is no good reason why these forums should be publically available. Anyone can register an account, and in doing so, they will have to accept our Terms of Use - also for read access for these forums.

If this is true, why does the number of guests browsing Off-Topic still show up at the bottom of the page?

PostPosted: Wed January 7th, 2009, 16:05 GMT 
hello,

I can't see it either.
I signed up, but still havened got an inlog account.

PostPosted: Wed January 7th, 2009, 17:38 GMT 
Site Admin

koster200, please e-mail discussions@expectingrain.com for help if you have trouble creating and logging in to a new account. Make sure to include your username and approx. registration date.