Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 21st, 2017, 01:31 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon October 20th, 2008, 23:07 GMT 
Mercury Member

what is the reason i can't post an image / attachement??? i have tried Jpegs, various other formats, various sizes - always get the same responses, 'this attachment is not allowed', or 'this format is not allowed' or something similar... everyone else seems to post images without a problem so what am i doing wrong?

PostPosted: Tue October 21st, 2008, 06:23 GMT 

Firstly, it's best to sign up to a picture host, there are many out there & most are free.
'Photobucket' is the one I tend to use most.

Once you have signed up, go to your 'My Album' page, it is to here that your pics will be uploaded.

At the top of the page you will see three 'Browse' buttons, these are used to search for & upload your images, extra images can be uploaded by clicking on the 'Add More' button.

You have four types of source upload: PC, Video, Web Url & Mobile Phone.

There are two ways to upload photos.
1. From the folder in which you keep your photos:
Click on 'Browse' this will open a search box, chose the required folder & open it, then chose the photograph & double click it. This will automatically enter the Image into the upload box, continue doing this until you have all the pics you wish to upload. Click on 'Upload' and your pics will be processed.
When this has completed, the uploaded pics will appear in your Album Page.
Left click on the 'Img Code' (beneath the pic) to highlight, then right click to copy.
Return to the site you wish to post it on & left click on it & then right click to post it.
Easy peasy.

2. From the Web:
Search the web (Google Images) ect & choose the photo you want (it's always best to click on the image to enlarge it if possible) Right click on the image & left click on. 'Properties' Drag your cursor over the 'Url Address', right click & then copy. Go over to 'Photobucket' click on the 'Web Url' icon, left click on the upload box & then right click & copy code into the 'Upload Box', when you have all the required photos, click 'Upload'.
Once again, when this has completed, the uploaded pics will appear in your Album Page.
Left click on the 'Img Code' (beneath the pic) to highlight, then right click to copy.
Return to the site you wish to post it on & left click on it & then right click to post it.

PostPosted: Tue October 21st, 2008, 11:05 GMT 
Mercury Member

ai carumba - thanks ( i think) that 'simple' eh?