Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed November 22nd, 2017, 07:30 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri April 25th, 2008, 17:49 GMT 

My, it's sad, sad, I tell you. Mr. D. takes a break and content in this Forum just dries up.

To keep our spirits up, the Dreamtime team has put together an awesome package of, ah, stuff, that we'll send to the winner of our first annual Dreamtime Constant Listener contest. Here's how it works...

Send us an email - dreamtimepodcast@gmail.com - and give us your pick on the date when Theme Time Radio Hour will return with Season 3. Please make sure to put "Dreamtime contest" in the Subject line.

The contest ends when the official announcement of Theme Time Radio Hour Season 3 is made by XM Radio. Our winner will receive a copy of Sid Griffin's great book on the Basement Tapes recording sessions: Million Dollar Bash, personally inscribed to you by the Dreamtime team; and a CD of our most popular show to date, Poetry Readings with Your Host, Bob Dylan from Season 1 of TTRH.

Standard disclaimer stuff: One entry per email address. Contest ends when the official announcement of Theme Time Radio Hour Season 3 is made by XM Radio. In case two or more entries has the right date, the winner will be randomly selected from the Dreamtime hat. If no one selects the exact date, our drawing will be randomly selected from all the entries. Employees of XM Radio, Big Red Tree, Gray Water Park Productions, or the Dreamtime team - especially the Top Cats - are not eligible, and their cat food will be taken away if they're caught.

If you have objections to email and/or contests, and just want to play, you can post your guess as a reply to this post, winning nothing but the well-deserved adulation of your Theme Time Radio Hour Forum peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 1st, 2008, 16:06 GMT 

OOooOOOoo, I want to win nothing!!!

*Ahem*
My guess is: September 10, 2008.
signed,
MudCakeCreature

In other news, maybe this has to do with why the show was yanked mid-stream:

AOL, RealNetworks, Yahoo Owe $100 Million For Digital Music Services
May 1st, 2008

The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York today made public a decision in the proceeding to determine reasonable license fees to be paid to the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) by AOL, RealNetworks and Yahoo! for their online performance of musical works. Total payments to be made to ASCAP and its membership by these three services for that time period could reach $100 million

The decision covers license fees for periods starting as far back as July 1, 2002, and continuing through December 31, 2009, for the performance of musical works in the ASCAP repertory by AOL, RealNetworks and Yahoo.

“It is critical that these organizations share a reasonable portion of their sizable revenues with those of us whose content attracts audiences and, ultimately, helps to make their businesses viable,” said ASCAP President and Chairman, Marilyn Bergman. “This decision will go a long way toward protecting the ability of songwriters and composers to be compensated fairly as the use of musical works online continues to grow.”

While the decision may be a boon for songwriters, it may limit the growth of Internet music offerings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 2nd, 2008, 16:34 GMT 

7/2/08

that's 3 months off and in time for my birthday.
& he'll be in Spain so I want to hear castanets
& gypsies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 2nd, 2008, 18:55 GMT 

July 2nd is my guess too. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 4th, 2008, 20:32 GMT 

A little news direct from Eddie G...

Thanks to Dreamtime listener Richard for the lead!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 4th, 2008, 20:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

Wow, thats awesome, man!

Coco is also credited w/ something (cover design, maybe, dont have the book in front me) on the back cover of Chronicles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 5th, 2008, 06:15 GMT 

omg
ohmygorodetsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 5th, 2008, 19:05 GMT 

Is Bob having an affaire with Coco or are they just married?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 5th, 2008, 20:20 GMT 

Great email Fred. It's ggod to hear that the new series is being worked on
Now why don't I get to meet interesting people in my local record store?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 7th, 2008, 05:10 GMT 

Eddie should've made it out to the local vinyl swap meet I just went to. I even picked up a Cowboy Copas and Hawkshaw Hawkins collection based on TTRH recommendations.

Good email, it's amazing what can happen out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 9th, 2008, 17:50 GMT 

I picked up a Ma Rainey album at Music Baron just because he hasn't played any...see how I am

I Love Amoeba & seldom get there
is vinyl swap meet in socal or no??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12th, 2008, 02:28 GMT 

During a break in the show last week, it was mentioned that Bob would return with all new episodes in September.

I guess September 17th.

PostPosted: Wed September 17th, 2008, 15:47 GMT 

Fred@Dreamtime wrote:
..... To keep our spirits up, the Dreamtime team has put together an awesome package of, ah, stuff, that we'll send to the winner of our first annual Dreamtime Constant Listener contest. Here's how it works...

Well, who WON!!!!???? I am sorry I did not win, as I only posted here and would have won "nothing", but since I was wrong anyway, I still won "nothing." Seinfeld would be so proud!!!! :roll:

(btW: as posted elsewhere by Fred, the start date for Season 3 is 10/8/08 at 10 am on XM radio Deep Tracks.)

SO, WHO WON????

Oh, wait, we all won, since the show will be on again soon!
:lol:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed September 17th, 2008, 16:23 GMT 
Titanium Member

O. Sister wrote:
September 17th.

I wish :D

PostPosted: Wed September 17th, 2008, 19:46 GMT 

Quote:
Well, who WON!!!!???

I could claim I did, since I had guessed October 1 and that was actually the closest. :twisted: Most of the entries picked either 9/10 or 9/17. A quick glance through the spreadsheet indicates a tie between two people who for reasons known only to themselves picked Thursday 9/18, so I may have to have a playoff.

But, in any case, I need to double-check all the entries and wait till October 8th and/or the official press release before announcing the final results.

But, as MudCakeCreature says, "We're all winners." :D