Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 21st, 2017, 21:30 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: TERMS OF USE
PostPosted: Thu October 20th, 2005, 18:14 GMT 

Please read

This is the Expecting Rain bulletin board. We hope you come here to talk about Dylan-related things, but appreciate that things go off-topic. We ask that you read the following and abide by it:

1) You're all reasonably free to express your opinions. But mindless 'bashing' will not be tolerated - if you're unhappy about something, at least moan constructively. Do not bring race, religion, or sexuality into any argument. You don't necessarily have to be 100% politically correct, but blatant hatred will not be tolerated.

2) You are only allowed one account. Don't fall for the temptation to register more than one identity in this forum. If we discover users with multiple identies originating from the same IP or machine adress, they will be deleted.

2) Moderators are free to delete anything that we are not happy having on this board. People who consistently post threads which we have to delete will be banned. Please remember that this is a private forum you have been granted access to.

3) Don't post any sexually explicit material. It might not offend you, but it might offend others.

4) Due to large volume of board traffic it is sometimes difficult to delete an offensive post. We often have to deal not only with the offensive post in question but also with numerous others that quote the offensive post.
So, do yourselves a favor, stop quoting offensive posts time and time again. Not only does it make our job easier, but it might prevent a tired mod from simply deleting the entire thread.

5) Be sure to upload your own avatar! Just go to your profile options and upload a picture of yourself.

6) Please try to always post topics in the right directory. If you post a topic that's not relevant to Bob Dylan, or Expecting Rain - Moderators will move it to the "Off-topic" section. (and vice/vercs)

7) The rules here are not static and are occasionally modified. It is your responsibility to stay up to date on the latest version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon April 30th, 2007, 23:22 GMT 
Mercury Member

Quote:
1) You're all reasonably free to express your opinions. But mindless 'bashing' will not be tolerated - if you're unhappy about something, at least moan constructively. Do not bring race, religion, or sexuality into any argument. You don't necessarily have to be 100% politically correct, but blatant hatred will not be tolerated.

Please, don't overlook this one.

Post subject: Re: TERMS OF USE
PostPosted: Wed May 2nd, 2007, 11:23 GMT 

dalamar wrote:
2) You are only allowed one account. Don't fall for the temptation to register more than one identity in this forum. If we discover users with multiple identies originating from the same IP or machine adress, they will be deleted.

What about this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 2nd, 2007, 18:08 GMT 
Mercury Member

Since I don't have the power to delete accounts, I spoke with Long John about his multiple usernames(I figure you're indirectly referencing him). I told him that for now on he is only allowed to post under Long John, and he agreed. As far as I know, he's held up to his word.

Also, the machine can often be very off base. For example, here are some of the usernames listed under the IP look up of wineman.

wineman [ 104 Posts ]

harmonica albert [ 45 Posts ]

dharma.wheel [ 28 Posts ]

Subterranean_Error [ 23 Posts ]

stephadele [ 22 Posts ]

trickseeee [ 5 Posts ]

Offbase, indeed.

Or another example, Precinct.

precinct14 [ 338 Posts ]

Eddie [ 333 Posts ]

Martletwy Man [ 23 Posts ]

escapeedrifter [ 17 Posts ]

cookie [ 11 Posts ]

posthuman [ 8 Posts ]

J R Hartley [ 5 Posts ]

mikelee [ 4 Posts ]

i am the man [ 3 Posts ]

The Wicked Messenger [ 3 Posts ]

sarah61 [ 3 Posts ]

Swordfishtrombone [ 2 Posts ]

sparacus [ 2 Posts ]

John Wesley Harding [ 1 Post ]

Bobfan1 [ 1 Post ]

Mark Elphick [ 1 Post ]

Edward T [ 1 Post ]

theoldrounder [ 1 Post ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 6th, 2007, 10:21 GMT 

there's also the possibility that wineman, harmonica albert, dharma.wheel, Subterranean_Error, stephadele, and trickseeee are the same person. Or maybe they all belong to the same family and are sharing a computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat November 10th, 2007, 19:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

Mr. Tambourine Man wrote:
Since I don't have the power to delete accounts, I spoke with Long John about his multiple usernames(I figure you're indirectly referencing him). I told him that for now on he is only allowed to post under Long John, and he agreed. As far as I know, he's held up to his word.

Also, the machine can often be very off base. For example, here are some of the usernames listed under the IP look up of wineman.

wineman [ 104 Posts ]

harmonica albert [ 45 Posts ]

dharma.wheel [ 28 Posts ]

Subterranean_Error [ 23 Posts ]

stephadele [ 22 Posts ]

trickseeee [ 5 Posts ]

Offbase, indeed.

Or another example, Precinct.

precinct14 [ 338 Posts ]

Eddie [ 333 Posts ]

Martletwy Man [ 23 Posts ]

escapeedrifter [ 17 Posts ]

cookie [ 11 Posts ]

posthuman [ 8 Posts ]

J R Hartley [ 5 Posts ]

mikelee [ 4 Posts ]

i am the man [ 3 Posts ]

The Wicked Messenger [ 3 Posts ]

sarah61 [ 3 Posts ]

Swordfishtrombone [ 2 Posts ]

sparacus [ 2 Posts ]

John Wesley Harding [ 1 Post ]

Bobfan1 [ 1 Post ]

Mark Elphick [ 1 Post ]

Edward T [ 1 Post ]

theoldrounder [ 1 Post ]

This is the first time I've seen this. A calumny. JR Hartley, yes. The rest, no. "Someone's got it in for me, they're planting stories in the press".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 14th, 2007, 22:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

Ya mean, the oldrounder isn't you?? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 27th, 2007, 02:15 GMT 
Titanium Member

Having met both Harmonica Albert and Stephadele In The Flesh, I can testify: they are two distinct & entirely seperate individuals. Unless one--or both--was lying to me! Oh the paranoia!

Oh--and I've also met Pinz and Claudette. So that's four who aren't Evil Evildoers Of Multiple Nicknaming But Really All The Same Person. ....Five, includin' me.

Everybody else is Under Surveillance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 27th, 2007, 09:55 GMT 

[quote="Mr. Tambourine Man"]
Also, the machine can often be very off base.
/quote]

...exactly.

Post subject: rules
PostPosted: Thu February 14th, 2008, 13:20 GMT 

this would all seem genuine dalamar - but your own celebrated Tiatanium Member has called another site member a "nazi x". obviously no rules of yours broken there as you said NOTHING. one would assume then that anything goes here.

Post subject: terms
PostPosted: Thu February 14th, 2008, 13:29 GMT 

the above is not what i wrote. it appears only certain significant financial contributors to the site and friends of the moderators get what they wrote printed verbatim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun February 17th, 2008, 10:36 GMT 
and they call me crazy.......... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun February 17th, 2008, 13:10 GMT 

who did ISN ? nobody at this site. you insist on defending your hero and you don't even know what it's about. can't you understand - i'm talking to the meat not the maggot. (and yes - things like this we do have the right to say - not things like Long John broadcast). your idol sleeps late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2008, 05:53 GMT 
hehehe.....I think I'm losing it - I didn't understand a word of what you just said........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2008, 06:01 GMT 

What's not to understand? Long John is the meat. You are the maggot who feeds on his putrescent corpse. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2008, 06:16 GMT 
but who's my idol....Bob?

and why does he/she think I'm defending Long John....

that is so gross TBT.....yuk.....hehehehe

it's pretty cryptic when you think about it.....almost like code.....for something....... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2008, 06:19 GMT 

Oh, I thought it was an Australian thang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon February 18th, 2008, 06:30 GMT 
no, I don't think so.......although there's a book by Peter Carey called Illywhacker

PostPosted: Tue February 19th, 2008, 08:34 GMT 

i came here ISN, because you spread yourself about - hard to track down. but i know where i see Long John i'll "always" see ISN. the "last waltz" - neil young - "i think they've got it now Robbie" - glad to see you have ISN. shame about the sign-out though - don't use Long John's ghost-writer for these "lesser posts". his typing-finger waving - go away you "&#)!**$.++" means nothing to me. i'm probably all the things i've been called by Long John and ISN - but i am not a "trading nazi f**k", and i won't rest until a simple apology for such a reprehensible remark is withdrawn. do i expect one - in reality sadly no. i've never read a Long John manifesto except if it mentioned me - honestly- how much can you take ? but i know enough now of this person that their world would tumble down around them if they didn't believe they had a captive, adoring audience on this site. maybe if you can't come up with an apology Long John - YOU should go away. makes me sick when i see people like you putting magnificent portrayals of bob next to your vile rhetoric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue February 19th, 2008, 09:27 GMT 
wow....that's some serious psychotic $hit......hey, that's so cool......how on earth do you manage it.......you'd have to be way paranoid if you thought me and Long John were in cahoots.....I love that $hit - reminds me of the old days......man, keep at it - I love it :)

PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2008, 12:22 GMT 

i can't forget it - but it's finished. i got a reasonable hearing and you can't ask more than that. any forum about bob is far greater than any individual or their personal principles. sorry Bob Zimmerman - i wouldn't take your job on for "quids". i never had the right to challenge your integrity. my main thanks are reserved for Stellasgrl2 and Ninchen. their intervention was a revelation to me - very nice bobcats - thank you both. regards & cheers. don't worry - "i'm going. i'm going - i'm gone !"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2008, 12:24 GMT 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2008, 12:28 GMT 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2008, 12:32 GMT 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun February 24th, 2008, 12:32 GMT