Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 11th, 2017, 02:19 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri January 7th, 2005, 03:15 GMT 
Is there anyone else out there lucky enough to have sung along with bob and 1900 others in glasgows legendery barrowlands ballroom?

After seein Bobby a number of times live can you image how surprised i was to be part of a rowdy and ear-aching sing-along where bob was forced to join in. The audience roared along with 'Just Like A Woman' 'Dont Think Twice' 'It Aint Me Babe', finishing off the funfair with 'Like A Rolling Stone', after which bob made the comments " i must say, you're the best singin audience we've ever had, we musta played that song a thousand times and NOBODY could sing with it" ive never seen him smile so much, maybe it was his scots graduation the day before. well all i can say is "HOW DOES IT FEEL", a rare occasion indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun January 9th, 2005, 23:53 GMT 
Is there a bootleg of this show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue January 11th, 2005, 02:48 GMT 
Sure is a bootleg, i got it off of 'ebay.co.uk'. i've only just turned 18 and the show was only my third dylan concert. But as far as i can gather from other bootlegs i think it was fairly unusual for bob to sing along ( can anyone else confirm that? ), or rather for the whole audience ( no joke) to sing in such a loud and overwhelning manner. guess thats what happens when you get a few scots filled with drink into the same room as bob, who as we all know loves a rowdy and admiring audience. hope that overly long answer helped, p.s is it just me or is 'i'll remember you' a fairly underated track? regards, Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue January 11th, 2005, 16:43 GMT 

Hi there .... it's not that unusual. There are many performances of It Ain't Me Babe where Bob is content to let the audience handle the chorus completely. And Barcelona 1984 was a riot of a singalong with Bob encouraging the crowd..... I too never thought of I'll Remember You as anything special until hearing a very passionate live performance which just knocked me outta my socks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue January 11th, 2005, 16:48 GMT 

If someone got this bootleg of the Glasgow concert I would be very interested in. I'm looking for this so long. Please mail me if someone got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue January 11th, 2005, 19:49 GMT 
Yeah i've heard the 'real live' album where bob sings along on 'it aint me babe', probably the best track on the album. But what surprised me most was the intensity of the barrowlands concert, probably due to the intimate atmpsphere. Bob couldnt keep the ear-to-ear grin off his face as we literaly took over the performane, pointing at us in the chorus to egg us on. the most moving number was 'just like a woman', the first track where the audience sang along. After singing the first two choruses in a new arangement (the audience sang the original arrangement) bob finally joined the in the final choras, to huge approval. Although he may have sang along in 84 it's still twenty years ago, can anyone think of any recent concerts where he's conducted a sing-along? a bootleg of the audience can easily be picked up on ebay.co.uk, thats where i got my copy. Regards Steve

Post subject: Dylan Sings ...
PostPosted: Thu January 13th, 2005, 14:19 GMT 
I just saw Dylan in Novemeber of last year, and I have to say, it was impossible to sing along, as Bob wasn't actually singing but just kind of speaking the words not in a ny kind of rythym to the music or anything. If it weren't for the band, the songs would have been unrecognizable. He was spitting the words out with no inflection or regard for the melody of the song what so ever. Has any one else experienced this sor t of performance? I'm thinking he may have been sick as he would turn his head and spit onto the stage during the concert. Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue February 1st, 2005, 07:26 GMT 
I was there and I have the boot...

mail@robbmc.com

Best night of my life! My third Dylan concert (The second being the night before)

The singing doesn't sound too impressive on the boot but believe me it was! It is just a small Glasweigen ballroom...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed February 2nd, 2005, 13:17 GMT 

Hey raindog, don't waste your money on silver discs. Haven't you people heard of trading?!? E-mail me off list dude... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu February 3rd, 2005, 02:38 GMT 

i second that. please don't support the ebay bootleg hounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu February 3rd, 2005, 15:23 GMT 

Does someone have the concert on DVD? A friend of mine wanted to download this on www.easytree.org but it seems that the torrent is dead...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu February 3rd, 2005, 16:58 GMT 
ive got 'most' of the gig on dvd, altough the quality is rubbish with parts of songs are missing. It also lacks the fantastic opener and some of his newer stuff, honest with me, tweedle dee & tweedle dum and summer days. it hardly does the gig any justice but its worth it for rolling stone alone. regards Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue February 15th, 2005, 02:58 GMT 

raindog wrote:
Does someone have the concert on DVD? A friend of mine wanted to download this on www.easytree.org but it seems that the torrent is dead...

If you ask on easytree. usually someone will re open the torrent for you.

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 01:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

Guest wrote:
Is there anyone else out there lucky enough to have sung along with bob and 1900 others in glasgows legendery barrowlands ballroom?

After seein Bobby a number of times live can you image how surprised i was to be part of a rowdy and ear-aching sing-along where bob was forced to join in. The audience roared along with 'Just Like A Woman' 'Dont Think Twice' 'It Aint Me Babe', finishing off the funfair with 'Like A Rolling Stone', after which bob made the comments " i must say, you're the best singin audience we've ever had, we musta played that song a thousand times and NOBODY could sing with it" ive never seen him smile so much, maybe it was his scots graduation the day before. well all i can say is "HOW DOES IT FEEL", a rare occasion indeed.

I haven't heard this boot yet, but it must be around here somewhere.

Post subject: Re: Dylan Sings ...
PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 01:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

Ingrid wrote:
Has any one else experienced this sort of performance?

Ther was a Rolling Stone singalong near the beginning of the last South American tour.
2012? Maybe Brazil? Not Rio though.
It was on you tube if I recall correctly, probably gone now.

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 02:05 GMT 
Promethium Member

Ingrid wrote:
I just saw Dylan in Novemeber of last year, and I have to say, it was impossible to sing along, as Bob wasn't actually singing but just kind of speaking the words not in a ny kind of rythym to the music or anything. If it weren't for the band, the songs would have been unrecognizable. He was spitting the words out with no inflection or regard for the melody of the song what so ever. Has any one else experienced this sor t of performance? I'm thinking he may have been sick as he would turn his head and spit onto the stage during the concert. Anyone?

Is there a bootleg of this?

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 04:58 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Guest wrote:

I haven't heard this boot yet, but it must be around here somewhere.

I can upload it tonight.
Until then, here are a few videos from the concert: http://alldylan.com/bob-dylan-barrowlan ... 04-videos/

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 17:57 GMT 

I already began uploading it when I noticed it was still online here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79463&p=1458595
Have fun, it's a great show! :D

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 20:08 GMT 

Great standing gig . No seats at all , i think.
Was lucky enough to be there , stage left , front.

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 22:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

You really think someone's still waiting around for a reply after 11 years?

PostPosted: Wed November 30th, 2016, 22:15 GMT 

2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaW12HZJyaA

PostPosted: Thu December 1st, 2016, 06:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

EternalCircle1 wrote:

That's it.

"Published on Apr 20, 2012
Belo Horizonte, Brazil"

PostPosted: Thu December 1st, 2016, 06:47 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
You really think someone's still waiting around for a reply after 11 years?

We can at least give a definitive answer now: yes, the behavior is unusual for sing-a-longs at shows...at least since then. And yes, jp after 11 years, the magic would ve worn off in normal cases. , but what were dealing w here is far from normal. it can be noted, bob Dylan attracts a highly limerent and lonely crowd. This show was good, so i bet our guest is still waiting for updates.

PostPosted: Thu December 1st, 2016, 06:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

I know it was good, it was fun & all... I was just concerned about someone holding their breathe for 11 years waiting to be told that.

PostPosted: Thu December 1st, 2016, 12:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

my precious time wrote:
I already began uploading it when I noticed it was still online here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79463&p=1458595
Have fun, it's a great show! :D

Excellent and thanks.

crackerboy wrote:
This is to fill a request from belleseb32

The uploader from whom I got this recording identified it as LB9504.

Bob Dylan
June 24, 2004
Barrowland
Glasgow, Scotland

1 Drifter's Escape
2 I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
3 Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4 Just Like A Woman
5 It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
6 Girl Of The North Country
7 Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
8 Ballad Of A Thin Man
9 Floater (Too Much To Ask)
10 Highway 61 Revisited
11 It Ain't Me, Babe (acoustic)
12 Honest With Me
13 I Believe In You
14 Summer Days
15 Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (acoustic)
16 Like A Rolling Stone
17 All Along The Watchtower

---

From the alldylan.com link stated earlier:

One of the worst things people can say when writing a book like this is “You really had to be there”. Yet, for, “Like A Rolling Stone”, that night, “you really had to be there”. Dylan’s voice was a blurred burr and yet powerful and compelling as it competed with a deafening crowd throughout this epic song.
~Andrew Muir (One More Night: Bob Dylan’s Never Ending Tour)