Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri July 25th, 2014, 23:02 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat December 4th, 2004, 14:51 GMT 
Hi. When do you guys think Bob will go back on tour? And where?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun December 5th, 2004, 08:23 GMT 

from looking at the tours from the past four years..

i'm guessing that he will announce in mid january a tour of non-US cities (probably european, maybe new zealand or something) to begin either the last few days of february or the first few days of march. it will either be a tour of non-US concerts for all of spring, through may, or a short one month tour followed by a tour of US cities in april and may. i would guess that a longish european tour would be more likely if only because there have been contiguous blocks of US concerts recently and history says its due. (unless of course there are personal reasons for the tour to stick around in the US, but even if that's the case theywon't extend forever.)

personally, i would love for the tour to be in the US, and especially northern, so i can go.. but i'm not expecting it.

what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun December 5th, 2004, 11:48 GMT 
I sure hope he'll come back to Europe soon. Italy, Austria? Slovenia? Croatia?

Post subject: Next tour
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 04:51 GMT 
Thanks Sarah.
I really hope you're right.

I must admit, I have this terrible fear that he may stop touring before I get the chance to see him live at least once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 05:29 GMT 

I'm guessing he'll hop arcoss the pond to Europe...
although, if i had it my way, they'd hit the midwest again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed December 8th, 2004, 04:12 GMT 

I agree I think he'll be in Europe. But I heard he is going to start recording a new album around the first of the year so that may push back the tour some. Maybe not though. You never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed December 8th, 2004, 10:44 GMT 

In my honest opinion they have gotten stagnant live. Setlist is far too rigid by dylan's standards, the arrangments are a little tired and for the first time in a while he's getting a little predictable.

I think recording new material is the best thing that could happen - obviously because it's been over 3 years now since love and theft, but also because i hope new material will inject a new sense of vitality and direction to the live shows. I'd love to see Bob on guitar again (though im definitely in the 'yea' camp re: the keyboard - i think it works well) with a reworked setlist and arrangements, augmented by a third successive excellent/great album (last time that happened in my opinion was the mid/late-sixties).

If that means having a year off the road id welcome it. I don't think there's too much worry that he'll stop touring. He'll be doing this till he drops dead - he doesn't need to, he just obviously loves doing this as the NET enters it's 17th year or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu December 9th, 2004, 13:52 GMT 

ross ur forgettin Planet Waves > BOTT > Desire

besides that dylan hasnt been to NYC since summer '03 hes gotta come back...those shows were soo solid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu December 9th, 2004, 15:24 GMT 

I think (and most certainly hope) that he'll come to Europe (and most of all that he plays in Norway, preferably Oslo). A new album would also be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri December 10th, 2004, 13:51 GMT 

would you really consider planet waves great or excellent?

it's weird, so many people really rate planet waves and it does so little for me. Same with Street Legal at the other end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri December 10th, 2004, 20:17 GMT 
[quote="ross"]would you really consider planet waves great or excellent?

excellent dirge one of my all time favs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat December 11th, 2004, 23:02 GMT 
Quote:
Cowboy jonny-I must admit, I have this terrible fear that he may stop touring before I get the chance to see him live at least once.

Dont worry about that i think he will tour till death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 10:31 GMT 

After recording a new album in New York during late January through february, Bob will hit the road again playing a series of small venues in the UK (Carlisle Sands Centre, York Barbican, Edinburgh Usher Hall, Birmingham Academy @ NIA, Bristol Colston Hall). The tour will then head to France & Benelux returning to the UK to play 3/4 nights at the Brixton Academy signing off with dates in Belfast & Dublin. :shock:

Post subject: new tour
PostPosted: Sat January 1st, 2005, 20:48 GMT 

tour japan and australia in febuary and march 2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue January 4th, 2005, 04:15 GMT 

He usually goes back on tour in late February or in March. I've heard that he's working on a new album and God knows how that will effect touring plans. I expect we shall hear any day now. Rumors are already surfacing -- and we usually hear something reasonably solid shortly after the Christmas/New Year holidays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed January 5th, 2005, 16:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

I hope the rumors are true and both happens, a new album along with continuing tour playing the new words of wisdom. That would make my new year. 'Fess up whomever knows whats going on 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon January 10th, 2005, 07:13 GMT 
I belive that he will tour the U.S.in Late winter, early spring, then again a U.S. tour in the Summer, and then the EU in late summer early fall 05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon January 10th, 2005, 16:54 GMT 
Just hope he'll come back in France, I missed his last concert in Paris... :(
Do you think we'll see him in Europe (particularly in France...) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri January 14th, 2005, 17:56 GMT 
I really hope you get to see your show Cowboy. I saw two last year after not seeing him in ten years and I never enjoyed any concerts more. I hope he plays some dates in Canada or Pacific Northwest again soon, I can't afford to fly out east again. I should have followed the shows across Canada a few summers ago but I was less wise then, I've wisened up since and will quit my job so I have time to take the Greyhound wherever he should roam.