Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed July 18th, 2018, 01:25 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pod Dylan
PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 17:13 GMT 

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, and I'm sure some people on this site already know of it, but I wanted to mention the podcast Pod Dylan. I've been listening to it the past year and I really love it, its on the Fire and Water Podcast but it can also be found on iTunes. Most of the podcasts are centered around one specific song, and the host brings a fan of the song on the show to discuss it. I highly recommend listening to Pod Dylan, and if anyone has any favorite episodes let me know!

Post subject: Re: Pod Dylan
PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 17:31 GMT 
Titanium Member

I made a post here about it sometime last year. Agreed, very enjoyable show!

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 22:27 GMT 

Not a huge fan, honestly. I had tried an episode a while back but had to shut it off after a couple minutes. The host & interviewee audio quality was terrible. I just sampled a more recent one, and it's better, but still sounding kind of tinny and lots of peaking issues. Levels are inconsistent...

Content wise, I think the concept is good but it's not well executed. There are enough podcasts about random white men sitting and chatting with each other about [insert random topic] and recording it. I would be much more interested in a podcast that actually spoke with people involved with the album/song/tour/whatever in question.

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 22:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

^Did you try the Joan Osborne interview episode a few weeks ago? Higher profile guests might be on the way after that.

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 22:47 GMT 

DarkEyes wrote:
Not a huge fan, honestly. I had tried an episode a while back but had to shut it off after a couple minutes. The host & interviewee audio quality was terrible. I just sampled a more recent one, and it's better, but still sounding kind of tinny and lots of peaking issues. Levels are inconsistent...

Content wise, I think the concept is good but it's not well executed. There are enough podcasts about random white men sitting and chatting with each other about [insert random topic] and recording it. I would be much more interested in a podcast that actually spoke with people involved with the album/song/tour/whatever in question.

Why do some people have to bring race into everything? Does it make you feel better about your life or something, I just don't get it.

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 02:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

I'll surely check it out-thanks.